PLEX is too cheap

Still $20 for 500 PLEX.

In-game cost is irrelevant. just because you can’t PLEX your account as easily isn’t my problem, it’s yours.

Because if thats all you could do no one would use it

So what you’re saying is that PLEX has a certain value for its users and this is where PLEX gets its ISK price from.

But isn’t it also true that PLEX has another value, it’s money value, and this, too, is where PLEX gets its ISK price from?

Then what about those who see more value in PLEX than this, but also measure ideological values to it? Does PLEX also get its ISK price from those people?

Im not saying any of those things.
Im asking you to tell me why Id buy from you for a higher price than the lowest that can be found.

If you are choosing not to, for whatever reason, just say so. That would be the classy thing to do.

People who are going to buy plex typically don’t care what the in game value is as long as they can pay cash to get what they want quickly. So while higher plex values might get a few, and I emphasis “few”, more casual players to throw in a few dollars at CCP, I’d argue that plex sales have more of an effect on people considering buying it than it’s actual value in game.

Lower plex prices are definitely more beneficial to CCP since the whales need to buy more to get their big toys or officer fit future wrecks. As opposed to the few players that buy plex to avoid PVE activities each month who, while there may be a good number of them, do not nearly amount to the numbers being purchased by whales.

Guess what choice I have made?

Because you want to increase the price of PLEX and be the one to take the lead on it.

Thats not how it works, bro.

My offer stands.

But how does that follow?

Im happy to say Im an economic novice but how does buying anything but the cheapest drive the price up?

Unless you say its my own perceptual market, then I know you are just being a messer.

1 Like

By buying the cheapest do you remove the cheapest from the market. As a result are only the more expensive offers left and so the price goes up. Do this often enough and you’ll be driving the price higher and higher.

Yes, so why would I buy from you if as you say you are selling at more than that baseline?

Because I’d be buying the cheap ones and sell them to you for more so you can get your higher prices sooner.

Wat…

Except if the currently available cheap ones are cheaper than your baseline then your just using a bucket to throw water back into a rising tide.

I see what you are saying though.

I just dont think that it works unless you ARE the cheapest at the apex low (incorrect phrasing Im sure)

But I have to say this convo has made me smile. Well played :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be adjusting my selling price further up as I go.

1 Like

This is why when people complain their feet are cold and they are hungry, I suggest they eat their feet.

4 Likes

That’s indeed a good point.

1 Like

Ive missed you here, my dear.
Welcome back.

1 Like

Thank you.

Billy says “high”, apparently

1 Like