PLEX is very expensive right now thread

Its gone up due to ghost training nerf… price of skill injectors has gone up, as ghost training made sp harder/more costly to farm =knock on effect to plex price = ingame cash has less value.

It will just keep going up, yet the isk will barely buy anything extra as all prices rise with inflation

what you say makes sense although you also have to consider that there seems to be a roughly equal amount of mineral inflation to go along with the isk inflation
i think ccp might be nerfing ded drops though so we might see the price of deadspace loot rise

Unfortunately, if they do this, it won’t help in any way, as [rarity] x [value] as a coefficient tends to level out - therefore, if the deadspace loot is FURTHER nerfed, its individual value will rise but its total value will remain the same (approximately.) This will in no way help those whose income is derived from running sites and escalations, especially when placing (a little) extra pressure on the signature sites with The Agency.

Personally, I switched from grinding missions to floating around, running sites and escalations/expeditions as my main income, finding it a lot more interesting (get to travel a bit more, at least, hehehe) than the monotonous missions grind. Also, I was feeling slightly good about the fact that, by not relying on the ISK faucets of bounties and agent ISK rewards, I wasn’t contributing (in even a tiny fashion) to the ISK devaluation problem. However, as irony would have it, now this activity is not reliably keeping up with the daily Omega rent required (of 60+ million ISK per day), so I must now resort to mission-running once again as my only viable alternative - although I suspect I will quickly tire of it, since it will leave me precious little time for anything else anyway, and thus (as prophesied up-thread) will almost certainly not be renewing once my current Omega expires.

1 Like

yeah i dont think the goal is to help the income of site runners
i think its purely to increase the cost of using these modules

well to be fair mission running isnt a huge isk injector
high sec bounties and isk rewards might bring around 50m isk/h at most
emphasis on at most
the reward of mission running is lp
which is actually an isk sink rather than an isk faucet

a lot of nullseccers will complain about high sec mission earnings and incursions
but these activities mostly generate lp not isk
that lp is used to produce ships and modules which then get sold to nullseccers
if you nerf highsec you actually nerf nullsec
because if you decrease the ability to make isk in highsec
you increase the cost of products from highsec which end up in nullsec
meaning nullseccers have to grind more bounties to pay for products which highseccers create with lp

2 Likes

No, this is what happens when you have more speculators than those who are willing to consume them at the current level.

2 Likes

True in most senses, although the way I use missions may differ from the norm. I do, of course, stock up on LP to use for myself, but I never sell it (yes, it’s still an ISK sink either way, once actually traded in for whatever) - I use it to buy ships or ship prints, or most commonly, for faction ammo. But the majority of my income from level 4 missions is from the bounties (followed by salvage, which is a very slight ISK sink when sold on market), as I full-clear them, I don’t blitz them - it’s not uncommon for me to make 30 million or more ISK per hour on the bounties, the rest is insignificant (I throw the modules I loot in the blender to make ammo or other subsistence-level “industry”). I know - this absolutely pales in comparison to null-sec bounties, but it’s still in its small way an ISK faucet (multiplied by however many players are doing the same.) As far as I’m aware, it was never any sort of significant inflationary force before, and again, peanuts next to the Haven etc bounties - but I still wish I didn’t have to do missions for ISK, as I can’t help but feel that in some (admittedly insignificant, heheh) way it adds to the problem (and also because running missions all session long every session would have me reaching for razor blades in pretty short order! :smiley: ) The irony is that the current PLEXorbitant inflation is threatening to make this my only “viable” path - but not viable at all: at the estimated rates quoted above, this means 3 hours or more of solid mission-running per day at present prices, and rising all the time… Ultimately, unsustainable. Shrug And sigh

sorry deleted my previous post as it may have had negative implications
my point is a little creativity goes a long way
having creative friends helps increase the creative values
and dont do anything to annoy ccp or any entity who can echo their annoyance in orders of magnitude

1 Like

Heheh - all good, and true enough. And never EVER play ‘chicken’ with something that outweighs you by an order of magnitude or more! (or has significantly more/bigger/sharper teeth than you ^^ )
Sadly, my preferred play style (and means) is being squeezed out by present trends, and there’s a point where “adaptation” becomes something altogether different: “submission” or “conformity”, neither of which I am comfortable with (read: “at all willing to lower myself to”.) However, this isn’t without its up-sides (such as getting back time to spend on other things and/or games :smiley: ) - a change is as good as a holiday, they say (whoever those oft-mentioned “they” may be!) - and a holiday is good for the soul :slight_smile:

2 Likes

well said
you can get caught up in a video game
find ways to vent your frustrations
attack those who have offended you
you might succeed in a glorious victory and change the meta in the process
but the easiest victory in eve is to turn your back on the game and say
screw it im playing something else
thats the easiest way to win eve :slight_smile:

3 Likes

More demand then supply would leave the market with just a few market orders, there are dozens with tens of thousands of plex. I understand what you’re trying to say. The problem is you’re wrong.

You want to see more demand then supply? Look at the officer modules, specifically the drone damage amplifiers. They never sell on the market because the supply is so low.

When I just logged in I tallied up the first 30 orders and it was over 125k plex, there is no shortage at the moment, and there was even more orders, I’d say there is 300-400k plex on the market right now if you take a look.

its just a really slow market
not many people are fitting titans on a daily basis
and when they are
theyre getting the mods from the alliance stockpile
not from the market
when a dda costs 10bn
its easier to say to your alliance leader
lets find our own dda instead of paying 10bn to this chump in jita

i can’t believe the cost of PLEX at the moment in EVE…

Ever since CCP made the change the price of PLEX has rocketed…

CCP need to something, its a good thing i have 4 months free in my account…

3,589,997.68 each so to buy 500 you need 1,791,408,842.32 that’s nearly 2billion

then be silent
and accept your fate

had to quote this part

trophy quote if i ever saw one

1 Like

More demand then supply would leave the market with just a few market orders, there are dozens with tens of thousands of plex. I understand what you’re trying to say. The problem is you’re wrong.

You want to see more demand then supply? Look at the officer modules, specifically the drone damage amplifiers. They never sell on the market because the supply is so low.

When I just logged in I tallied up the first 30 orders and it was over 125k plex, there is no shortage at the moment, and there was even more orders, I’d say there is 300-400k plex on the market right now if you take a look.

If the traded amount of PLEX is in usual quantities, I think that sell orders of PLEX on the market may be lower because they are gone faster, mainly because PLEX is easier to obtain. That can give false appearance of less available PLEX, but we have to see what is the traded amount. But, traded amount should be lower also because PLEX will fulfill ISK needs for sellers faster with rising prices on each PLEX piece. In all of this mess It seems like PLEX will be even more scarce in traded amount and will be worth more, so more people will like to stash it and treat as investment long term. Like a snowball effect or something.

What do you think? Is that right?

1 Like

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but it is you who seem mistaken. There is indeed record low amounts of PLEX on offer on the market:

https://www.adam4eve.eu/commodity.php?typeID=44992

You can see that there are essentially no PLEX on the market - just look at that market depth! PLEX sell orders were already low when the PLEX split occurred never recovered, only drifted down to near zero.

Whether that is due to a massive increase in demand, or a lack of supply one can’t really say from this but the flat trade volume would seem to me to argue the main problem is just a lack of PLEX finding its way to the markets.

The only solution to that situation for the buyer is to grind harder and outbid your competition. Perhaps higher prices will bring more PLEX to market, although it seems to higher PLEX prices mean less purchases are needed for PLEX sellers to earn the ISK they want and thus makes things worse. The only real hope to bring down prices is to get more people playing the game and building/losing things.

2 Likes

Heh. If i take what we have now, putting into consideration that CCP knows how to figure out long-term-consequences (lots of proof for that and mistakes, of course, happen), then it looks like CCP wants the price to go up and wants to get rid of a lot of those who can plex. There is no need to be omega for those who can’t afford and everyone who can’t afford can still play as alpha. No one is entitled to playing this game.

The fact that they must have known that the price goes up (a no-brainer) and the fact that they haven’t yet addressed this at all (meaning there’s apparently no significant harm being done), means that it’s extremely likely that this is working as intended.

PLEX being expensive means it also has a higher perceived value and the perceived value of all things buyable through PLEX thus also increases. When too many people can make too much money too easily, then the perceived value of both PLEX and all goods/services buyable via PLEX goes down. It makes sense to let it skyrocket, because that means less people buying goods/services via isk no one spent any money for.

In before the outrage of all those reading this post, who feel entitled to play via PLEX. Well, apparently you’re not. Don’t let your rage out on me, it’s not my fault how it looks like. vOv

PS: in before “yaddayadda less players is bad etcetc”. No, that’s not necessarily true. Quality > Quantity and quality went down significantly. Again, don’t be mad at me, i’m not the one causing all of this. vOv

1 Like

I wonder how much are people willing to give ISK for PLEX at some point. Is there an outrageous price that is impossible for anyone to pay? Will it stop at some price level?
I wonder how supply of free ISK works here. CCP doesnt like to react, so it would be probably what people will make of available system.

1 Like

Years ago:

• “what, more than 320 mil for a GTC?”
  • “no one is going to pay more than 650 mil”
  • “what 800 mil, no way”
  • “if it hits a bil people will just stop using plex”
  • “surely, no one is going to agree to more than 1.2 bil”
  • “Is there an outrageous price that is impossible for anyone to pay?”
3 Likes

This makes no sense, as players “Omegaing” via PLEX are indirectly paid for and thus revenue-generating for CCP, while Alphas are TRULY non-paying players (though still slightly contributing to in-game content and interactions, granted) and therefore not generating significant revenue for CCP (their presence helps to populate the world and MAY to some small degree help to retain other playing players, nothing more.) It’s really very simple: every player who played through PLEX and can no longer afford to, whether he/she downgrades to Alpha or quits altogether, that player stops contributing demand of 500 units of PLEX per month.

3 Likes