PLEX prices were finally going to a healthy level in game. Blackout removal news came, and PLEX prices are going stupid again

People who PLEX aren’t the parasites - that’s a misconception. You’re thinking of the VM alpha bot farms who do nothing but cause inflation.

Nearly every PLEX in-game originally came from CCP for real money. The higher demand for PLEX, the higher the ISK price will go, and the more people will buy them with real money to sell in-game for ISK. Too high a price though, and people will quit, which is ultimately bad for the game.

It’s a balance thing.

1 Like

You see thats not necessarily right. While their may be a greater demand in game for Plex, because those people do not wish to pay cash for the product, it does not automatically follow that more people will spend cash on Plex, which is why we have gone from 300 million being considered a lot for PLEX to the current Almost 2 billion for a 1 month Sub.

For example I purchased multiple Plexes during BO, however no matter the price of PLEX I would not purchase them now as I consider the games life span to be severely damaged.

Haha, very well said. I agree 100%, fix those two things, it would be an overall better game.

I could easily pull from my savings and instantly become the richest player in the game, but I too value real life money more than imaginary isk that won’t help me retire someday.

I still have a lot of isk, more than I’ll ever need, but I’ve never been willing to pay real money for more of it. They can have their space bling, and I’ll have my (real-life haha) corvette and house by the beach, haha.

The source of all PLEX on the market is CCP, the company is its sole creator, and takes in real money for each PLEX you see. Game time via PLEX is often worth more to CCP, than a discounted multi-month cash subscription, because game time is only discounted below 500 plex per month a couple times a year.

CCP makes even more money than PLEX main usage for game time, when players redeem it for other “virtual goods.” Everything in the New Eden store directly supports keeping their lights on.

However, during the recent month long PLEX decline, players benefited by delaying buying PLEX for ISK. They could get more PLEX for the same ISK, just by waiting. NES sales slowing down because PLEX was getting cheaper every day, would be a serious concern for the company.

1 Like

Here is a question.

If you are not the “disguisting parasyte that brings nothing to the game” as the majority of this forum labels those who don’t spend real money to get omega, why you are upset about PLEX prices rising? If you pay your real money to buy PLEX then you want to get the most ISK you can get for it ingame and that is now possible thanks to botters and other “parasytes”. That means that botting is actually good for the proper players and so we should support it!

1 Like

You don’t really get that EvEs economy is player controlled do you.

If one part of EvE has out of balance rewards (Null) and bots mine to much or get way too much in NPC bounties, then it devalues everyone elses effort in different areas.

So the parasites who buy plex by using broken rewards are wrecking everyone elses game.

Criminals and cheaters always like to blame the game/company/society/system/others for “forcing” them to break the rules.
Sad truth is that they tend to react the same way in RL with other accepted norms and rules.
…and since I know there will be those misreading/interpreting what I wrote, this has nothing to do with all the accepted criminal roles and activites in EVE.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.