Plexing

What makes you think I do not have a r/l job, I have one but would rather not spend £60 every 3 months on EVE, so was looking at the plexing (1 account) route.

I may have a solution for myself anyway, which involves going to null sec to be fair, but it would seem that that is the only way.

I second this. PLEXed an alt account with wormhole ISK and even that was a bad deal. I rather work one hour more per month at my job and do EVE all for the fun.

5 Likes

i guess you can spend the money, get into some trading or grind for it.

spending the money on a sub leaves you with a no preasure style of play. you do what you like and when.

grind for plex can leave you no time for what you’d like to do, unless you enjoy endless grinding on a timer to keep yourself grinding next month, there is always incursians but you will need to invest isk into it also, no different than any other isk making venture.

now if you’re any good with trading, then this is where you will make bigger passive isk so you can buy plex, but ya gotta invest isk and time into it to make it, more time at the start but once the ball is roling it can be checking everyy couple of days on your clients and their needs, say invest 1 billion and aim to increase that fund with all the sales and trading you do, if yo do it right and work with the right guys you can do it.

all down to what you enjoy doing in the game and if you’re any good at it.
if you’re doing things you don’t like just to get plex to sub you won’t be around very long.

Agreed, I am going to try the null sec, see how it goes, but will probably let one account lapse to alpha, then as you say, no pressure to grind just can do what I like then. I think that is the best idea.

From own expierience, production, trading, market speculation, events … is where the big ISK comes from in Highsec with least amount of effort. Even more passive but likely more boring, have a 5-6 planet PI farm on each of your three char slots in nullsec/WH, and get 1-3B per month depending on setup, effort. I’m doing a mixture of all of this, spiced up with some relic site hunting, picking whatever shows the biggest opportunity and I feel like doing that day/week.

PvE activities all have a soft cap in ISK/h you can make, plus they actually require playtime. But as others concluded above, I rather pay my yearly sub than be forced to do any of this.

1 Like

Did the PI, had 36 planets going over the 6 toons, yeah that is soul destroying to be honest, good isk but not that enjoyable.

I guess the things i like to do in game which are PVE based is exploration and escalaltions as well as some event sites, but i want to dip in and out of them without trying to aim for 1.6b +

what I enjoy is small to mid range PVP with corpies, doesnt have to be expensive, just T1 cruisers down with the occasional fun BS suicide roam.

2 Likes

it’s a shame isn’t it, i had high hopes for PI, then it became farmville with terrible tools.

1 Like

Haha. Yeah that about sums it up. I’ll still have 18 planets on the omega I keep. Should go towards keeping me in ships.

1 Like

yes it will, plus it’s good to mix it up and do different things, just don’t let some things rule you, it’s then you hear the EVE is like work statement pop up, best to avoid that :wink:

1 Like

There’s no way an employed adult can plex their account these days. I just sub and sink excess ISK into skillpoints.

What you can do is try to combine PVP with isk-making, so do something like FW or WH hunting. Have fun, get some pews, and still make isk.

3 Likes

I just want to point out that what makes EVE Free to play is the ability to buy plex with isk.

Because of that, you can get omega status just through grinding the game… and that omega status gets you access to 100% of the feature set.

Now I personally don’t like grinding for plex… so I subscribe. But it’s 100% possible to be omega and not pay any real money. I do make enough isk each month to do that. I just prefer to use my isk on in-game stuff.

Alpha allows you to grind with a limited feature set to get the isk to get the full feature set. But the point is you can get access to EVERYTHING for no real world expenditure… if you want to.

This is not true.

I have started up a variety of mostly afk isk-making ventures in game. There are ways to make enough to plex even as an employed adult (which I am). PI, researching BPO’s, invention, manufacturing, station trading… much of the stuff for this happens while you are not there. You have to kick off manufacturing and invention and research jobs… but they keep running even if you aren’t logged in. Station trading at lesser hubs still generates consistent income even if you only update once a day (which is what I do). I’m getting into reactions now… we’ll see how that goes. But it looks to be pretty low impact in terms of time investment to isk made.

I make enough to plex all my accounts each month. I prefer to sub and keep my isk for now… but to say it’s not possible for people who don’t play a ton (I’m on for maybe 5-6 hours a week) is not true. I’m not all that smart about the isk making stuff and I can do it.

2 Likes

Take your (implicit) hourly wage and multiply it by the amount of time you’d spend grinding. That is how much grinding “costs” you in terms of leisure time. Now maybe you enjoy the grinding, but unless that is the case you are better off spending the RL money, IMO.

Exactly this is my point.

This is actually one of the better options too, IMO. You can set your planets for like 4 days, so you are logging in 1x every four days.

So if this is bad…unless shooting those little red symbols is lots of fun…but hey good luck.

1 Like

Even with the low market order slots trading is one of the top contenders to get you plexed up monthly.

EVE is a cheap hobby when you are earning a standart wage in a developed country. The colleque working next to my office stays longer most days because she needs more money for the next decorative collectors plate…

Thanks for all the responses everyone, I have read through them all and there is some good info in there. Just for clarification my question was really around my 2nd account. I am happy to pay sub for one but was exploring ways to plex the 2nd.

The decision i’ve made atm is to let the 2nd account lapse to alpha status and continue to sub my main account with cash, that way there is o grind for anything and I can just enjoy the game doing whtever I want.

Well…good luck then. And that is the most important thing…have fun. Don’t make the damn game into a second job. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.