Plspls CCP - Shunt module

Well you’re not giving any numbers but it sounds like my 10km/s guess is about what you imagine.
Now to point ■■■■ just start aligning, hit your boost and scram it - no positioning needed, reaction time too short to get away.
The MJD gives you a sudden burst of movement wich can be used offensive or defensive but needs aim - see the similarity to your thing? and the crucial difference in piloting skill to make offensive use of it?

You really haven’t read anything I’ve been saying properly, I’m not suggesting a module that makes you go for 10km/s for 10 seconds, i said a short sharp 2 second burst of speed at maybe 500%-1000% increase.

Which is an instant “get out of that Antimatter blaster range” card, for example.

or an instant get into blaster range card?

Yeah, but why would you want to get into blaster range of someone?

You’re basing your analogy of what im describing on assumptions which is weird, you could have a ship that does 10k/s for 2 seconds, but it would require some balancing, MWD is balanced by increasing your signature radius and making you easy to hit, this could have something similar or different as a balancing tool.

What is a MDJ, and what is it that you describe this thing doing because it doesn’t sound like a MWD or a MJD, what is it you’re talking about?

Oh christ you’re really asking that question?

I meant what if YOU are the blaster ship trying to get in range of someone… bloody hell im done, the people on the internet have won today… the full density has maxed me out… ciao.

1 Like

Then this ship activates its magic module after you, that’s all. A win for long-range weapons.

Yeah but what if it then suddenly a unicorn appears in the form of a titan and bosons everyone on field, BUT what if suddenly then 100 logi ships appear and rep the ship doing the long range shooting, BUT what if then another fleet of 1,000,000 titans bridge in and unicorn the blast boat?!

Do you get where im going here, you’re theory crafting situations instead of focusing on the module concept and what it might bring to the game…

Well, you see, if that blaster ship with magic shunt module would be able to kill victims, those victims shall be inclined to install one on their own, which explains why they can answer as I described.

Bringing a titan to blast some destroyer is not practical, however.

I ment the mjd
I like to run a Hyperion with both warp and jump drive - get to point a lot of things you wouldn’t think a battleship should be able to - with a sudden burst that doesn’t require positioning like you describe i’d get easy 10 kills every day.

suggestions?

1 Like

And that’s called introducing gameplay mechanics friend, everyone can use a module, some people do, some people don’t, but introducing new ways to fly your ship is never a bad thing unless it gives one party involved an absolute un-counterable advantage, which I don’t think this concept would.

And if both parties use this module, long-range weapons become better than now. That’s what I said.

So let’s take your example then, a Hyperion with an MJD and a MWD, which of those modules would you exchange for a module that gives you a quick 2 second burst of speed that gets your ship up to let’s say 2000m/s for 2 seconds?

Would you lose the MWD, which gives you sustained speed, the MJD that gives you the GTFO option, or would you put it in another mid which would reduce your tackle/cap booster ability?

Balancing in my mind would be something like,
-can’t warp for a certain timeframe after using it (20-30 seconds?) to prevent insta warps,
-it blows your sig radius up to the size of the death star,
-it flags you for combat so you can’t use it whilst tethered and maintain being tethered (maybe?)
-it would take a mid slot to use which in itself is balancing because you have to lose something to put it on the ship,
-it can’t be cycled again for another 60 seconds after use…

Sounds about right

**[quote=“Ugren_Okaski, post:53, topic:219534, full:true”]

And if both parties use this module, long-range weapons become better than now. That’s what I said.
[/quote]

Wait so you take 2 ships, identical fit and skills, except one has railguns and one has blasters, both have the shunt module, and they both use it, and that puts one at an advantage over another? :S

Yeah, because the latter one needs to shorten the distance between ships to use blasters, and shortly after that railgun boat just gets out of range with shunt module.

Okay and now let’s take that example, the blaster boat is already in range, the long range ship shunts away and then the blaster ship uses it after?

Do you see the flaw here in what you’re saying?

You’re describing fictitious examples of scenarios to suggest that something would be unbalanced when both parties involved can use the same module?

@Alice_Accord

ok …
1st.: use a Micro Jump Drive
and
2nd.: open threads like this in the right section: https://forums.eveonline.com/c/technology-research/player-features-ideas
i think you can change that

JuuR

Thanks for your input there, great job JuuR Zibaoo, heard you loud and clear, point across, well done, gracias amigo for your contribution, salute, cheers, thanks.

My Hyperion can go 1500 with heat so this isn’t worth the slot and 4km total is not far enough to make a difference so even less worth the slot. Give me something like 20 km over 3 sec and i’d loose the MWD. Don’t need that once i have scram and grappler on my victim.

1 Like