[Pochven] Clarity on change to Observatory Flashpoints made in 20.11

looks like its back to krabbing at McDonalds then

4 Likes

I mean, there’s plenty of smaller groups or even single multi-boxers who can contest large groups for OBS/content. If you played in Poch the past 1-2 months you would see that. OBS payouts are restricted to 15 so most fleets are 15-20 characters with assorted support alts.

Although i understand your sentiment lets be honest pochven isk making was insanely out of whack. People were just multiboxing and it wasnt making conflict it was over taken by null blocs grinding billions .

3 Likes

LOL. You honestly want to pretend this is a bug that you have let persist for so long which you are now just fixing?

OF’s and their profitability has spawned healthy communities and conflict. This ‘fix’ runs the risk of destroying both.

Further confirmation that CCP genuinely doesn’t give a F about its player base.

1 Like

Grind bears not happy about their extremely silly and OP income getting balanced, calling it “less fun”. That never happens.

3 Likes

So you basically want to take the most fun activity in the game and make it as boring as humanly possible? Who’s hair-brained idea was this? Are you actively trying to make the game worse and drive players away? Because this is how you make the game worse and drive players away.

2 Likes

Might just be the worst change CCP has made this year, A nerf was needed yes but do launch it to 90m per site just shows a complete lack of understadning in how Poch works as an ecosystem.

I’ve now been on two PVE fleets in Poch and enjoyed both. Nice change of pace from other PVE activities. I’ve invested a significant amount of isk in my ship and fit in order to be able to PVP there too. Gutted that you’ve decided to “fix” something which I was only just getting chance to enjoy.

From my limited experience these fleets are not easy to organise and expensive to replace. I think that makes the payout pretty comparable to other activities given the risk involved.

I can only hope that your “monitoring” of the situation means you’ll realise this is heavy handed and find some middle ground. Hopefully it won’t take you two years to realise your mistake.

6 Likes

‘Everyone disliked that’ - If your aim is economical balance this is a drastic, and seemingly awful change. You’d be better off making the sites harder, or pay out less isk than you would be taking the spawn to what is currently 2 hours. This change doesn’t incentive conflict, it incentivises most larger alliances to move out of the space. This was the system with the 2nd most Isk destroyed. And you killed it overnight.

17 Likes

The region with the second most isk destroyed, despite having only 27 systems and little to no structures or capitals pushing that number up. There’s even more actual activity/fighting behind that isk number.

5 Likes

And this change makes this better, how? I’m asking, because I don’t see it.

2 Likes

I run the boyz alliance that lives in pochven. the CONSTANT fast paced pvp is what we thrive off of, so many groups living in such a small and compact region of space all fighting over the faucet. It doesn’t matter that there are groups bigger than us or that they use stronger fleet comps than us, it’s a challenge to overcome and we’ve risen to great heights while doing it. With this change there won’t be any of that, What are we supposed to do between spawns, go fight each other just for the hell of it? This game doesn’t work like that, the sites are the motivators, even as it was a lot of groups just stayed docked until a spawn was close to them and they felt secure enough to risk venturing out. The region will become a wasteland with no actual locals to be found, people will only come in once their tracker reports that a spawn happened.

Our group has been in lowsec and facwar the last decade and we moved to pochven for a change. The region had more kills than all of black rise, placid, and tama combined and we dove in head first to go get it. Not only did the activity not change when the faction warfare changes came but the region still saw new groups move in to take part in carnage. This change is literally, no exaggeration, a killing blow to everything that made pochven the best place in the entire game to live.

34 Likes

Pochven has a multiboxer account problem. You have 5-7 players who make ISK in OBS and then PLEX 15-18+ accounts, hijacking 90% of all the OBS in Poch. Now you’ve made it easier for them to monopolize the area.

Distributed wealth is better for an economy than consolidated wealth.
Instead of nerfing the poor and emboldening the insanely-rich (who benefit the market only by absorbing PLEX from it), you could’ve nerfed the individual payouts, limited the fleet sizes, increased the total number of OBS giving access to more than 1 or 2 groups at a time.

Pochven is by no means a GREAT_SUCCESS + PATS BACK, and this might have just killed it.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t adding more sinks be preferable to removing content?

You made this mistake with Scarcity. Content removal = players go play other games whilst a CD / resource / gameplay loop is out of action.

Adding more sinks requires art assets, dev time and whatnot, but it’s a much better way of doing things IMO.

Not impressed.

5 Likes

Sure, that works in the real world where you cannot opt out, absolutely. However it’s just removing content and pushing players towards other games in the MMO space. CCP really haven’t learnt from all their tinkering over recent years, they continue to shoot themselves in the foot, bless 'em.

5 Likes

CCP has been brainwashed. We need to nerf the people who came up with this.

2 Likes

This is Albion’s business model.

1. Fluff FOTM
  2. Wait for players to adopt new FOTM
  3. Players spend REAL LIFE CURRENCY on adoption
  4. Swap the FOTM
  5. ???
  6. Profit

CCP doesn’t realize they don’t have the same player base, so they’ll just incentivize more quitting, instead of an endless cycle of adoption/spending.

2 Likes

Every online game in history has this business model. It’s not unique to Albion.

EVE too has done this in the past. Remember Rorquals?

1 Like

Pochven has had so many bugs since the beginning, this is is just one more proverbial “nail in the coffin” for the region… There was so much leading up to the conclusion of Invasion, then it was just abandoned by CCP entirely.

This is just one more “fix” for the region… on top of the long list of “fixes” that have been implemented since Pochven’s inception. Below is a list of the bugs & fixes that CCP has so-far implemented for the region. The timetables below are estimates based on looking back at submitted tickets, bug reports & messages used as reference. I’m sure there are some details missing, but this is at least an overview of changes made to the region.

Oct 13, 2020 - Pochven Created
Oct 2020-Ongoing - Triglavian ships will attack each other and positive-standing players in certain situations; Trig ships also attack each other
Oct 2020-Ongoing - Triglavian LP Store prices do not match market value of equipment or blueprints (i.e. Low, Med or High-Grade Mimesis Omega are all 1b hard isk, along with other discrepancies in LP store pricing)
Oct 2020-Ongoing - PI is unavailable within some systems in Pochven. These were categorized as “High Traffic” and had PI disabled. This has not been reworked, even though these systems are now nulsec space.
Oct 2020 - “Rogue Drone” sites grant MASSIVE Triglavian/Edencom standing; CCP rolls back all player standings who participated in this activity to pre-patch levels
Oct 2020 - Wormhole statics to KSpace removed
Oct 2020-Nov 2020 - Observatory Flashpoints and NPC Combat Sites do not spawn
Nov 2020 - Observatory Flashpoints “fix” implemented; OF’s are unable to be completed; no payout initatied at site completion
Dec 2020 - Wormhole KSpace statics reimplimented
Oct 2020-May 2021 - Wormhole warps players 80km away from WH entrance, even after bookmarking WH. Fixed in March 2021 patch.
Jan 2021 - Observatory Flashpoints “Fixed”, however results in negative Triglavian standing when completed.
May 2021 - Removed standing for Border & Internal stargates
March 2021-August 2021 - Observatory Flashpoints “fixed” - Payouts are now active, however bug players to “slide” payouts by targeting & repairing ejected cargo, counting as an “offensive action” to be in the “top 70 pilot payouts”. Known as “Seagulling”
Aug 2021 - Observatory Flashpoints change to “Top Damage Done by Fleet” instead of “Top 70 Pilots”
Aug 2021 - NPC’s warp destinations are altered, making for a less-hostile NPC space
Nov 2021 - Rogue Drone Nursery sites added
Feb 2022 - Pochven filaments can no longer be activated in Wormhole space
Oct 2022 - Totality Day recognized by CCP as a login event; previous year was bonus to warp speed & player-organized events only
Dec 2022 - Observatory Flashpoint respawn rate decreased

It just seems like one bug after another or poorly thought-out additions to Pochven content as a whole… I really would like this region to succeed and have it be an enjoyable space, but it seems like there’s no rhyme or reason behind CCP’s changes overall for Pochven. At least give the players some direction as to what the plans are for the region!

8 Likes

Ohhh maaaa lawd, the salt this has cause is amazing! I love it!

My isk printing sites are now delayed instead of instantly… what will I ever do???

2 Likes