Pochven Must Burn!

Let’s be absolutely clear here, shall we?

These people were nothing more than terrorists who invaded the sovereign territory of the Triglavian Collective. Moreover, they were doing so as partisans associated with Electus Matari and its coalition of independent capsuleer alliances. Surprise, surprise–the coalition led by the infamous Minmatar terrorist group makes terrorists out of its friends! NADSC’s greatest mistake was polluting itself with Electus Matari’s tainted methods.

Let us not forget the context here, nor the reason why these people were here. They invaded alongside a huge nullsec-based piracy organization for the express purpose of destroying the kybernauts’ irreplaceable citadels and murdering our people without remorse. And do not forget, they succeeded in destroying Pochven’s only Azbel-class citadels and killing more than a dozen brave men and women who remained on station for the defense. These brave souls gave the last full measure of human devotion in the service of their friends, families, and allies, assisting our station gunner right to the bitter end.

The blood of the innocent cries out for justice, and by God, we heard their cries.

We conducted military tribunal trials and sentenced these terrorists to death. In so doing, we are no different than the Gallente Federation itself, which has yet to abandon capital punishment as a lawful consequence of criminal behavior. How dare you cry foul now when the justice meted out to your citizens matches that you mete out yourselves?

Oh, the outrage. Oh, the horror! If it seems like this was a private video evidence archive, taken out of context, and delivered in edited form for maximum propagandic effect, that is only because it absolutely is. I ordered a video capture of the proceedings to document the outcome of the system of justice operating in its proper function. Ms. Malitia fulfilled the solemn task of performing capital punishment, which she did appropriately and humanely. Death was instantaneous and relatively painless. A far better death, I might add, than these terrorists gave to their victims–who died burned up in the Azbel explosion, or crushed by debris, or gasping for air in the silent, frozen vacuum of space.

Do not criticize Ms. Malitia for her emotional response in performing the task. She, like the rest of us in Stribog Clade, just witnessed the deaths of brave men and women on our ships and stations, who gave their lives to defend us. She was understandably upset. I have ordered her to take leave to recuperate and seek counseling to work through her grief. But I will not reprimand her merely because she has authentic emotions.

I stand by our decision in this matter, as does the Paramount Executive of Stribog Clade. Justice was served in Pochven today.

3 Likes