Pod station and moving around

Ok. An Eve answer: it depends on you, what you want and your interests.
Everything after this is subjective and based on my experience.

Mentally I have a home base (Amarr - I’m a good loyal citizen) and I view that as “home”.
I have an established presence at a couple of our alliance bases - about 12-15 jumps from Amarr. I have a stash of ships there, a jump clone, my PI set up and so forth. I use PushX or corporation haulers to move product and odds and ends from HQ to Amarr - to sell or manufacture with (profiting from value added).
I’ve a base with a few hulls set up in a nice remote corner of the empire - and jump clone. It’s a bolt hole for emergencies. Not been there for a while - I’d rather fight than hide unless we’re told to keep our heads down.
Then I have mission bases scattered across the empires so I can keep my standing in some semblance of balance. I’m a hi-sec dweller making runs through wormhole space and low-sec as I feel.
My FW character has a cache of ships in the warzone (with jump clone) and in a bordering hi-sec system.

So, yes - I have a reasonably wide spread footprint, but use jump clones and haulage services to move stuff as I need to avoid long slow journeys - I’m relatively time poor. I’d rather spend an hour doing interesting stuff rather than flying a whale.

2 Likes