Pods, Implants, and Loot/Salvage

Can you explain how it “makes sense”?
The PANIC module is a module that’s fitted to a Rorqual, only works if you have an Asteroid actively locked. Why should a Pod (especially if the pilot thinks they’re “expensive” implants) also get that same benefit?

1 Like

this is true, and most live by this rule.

but if you get killed you loose your implants, we’ve all lived with this for years.

and in most cases of PVP there’s an unspoken honor code among most that you don’t kill a pod.
Only those with no morals, honor or just @$#% kill a pod. unless of cause the pod’d player asked to be killed.

with this suggested change, it’ll those with low morals and honor to give it away for that odd chance of getting an dropped implant.

personally I see this as an attempt to kill what is left of honor and morals in the PVP community. and turn them into mindless gankers like a few hated corps that happily gank new players to make themselves feel big and strong.

Lmao, no there isn’t.
No one cares about your fake space bushido code crap.

2 Likes

I did say in most cases, depending on who you fly with and fight that’s different.

and we all know of certain corps that will pod kill anyone they get a chance to because if makes them feel big and strong, saddly most of these corps will never fight with honor, an equal force or even duel one on one.

lol, just no. Most are collecting space popsicles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Look, unless you are hiding in high sec, or one of those who docks up when anyone enters the system, buy “4s” in bulk and use them.

If you can’t win without that extra edge then you probably suck anyway!

1 Like

yes i know a number of popsicle collectors, but they love collecting CODE, GOON and similar corp freeze meat-popsicles. but most of these corps guys will run if they see a fleet of equal size or better equip’d.

when they PVP other corps they tend to let the pods escape, though of cause if there’s an idiot that decides to mouth-off because they’re a sore-loser, then they get what they deserve.

Thanks for that reply, and I see your point there when it comes to ganking.

What i see also is if a change like that could instead be only tied in with the character’s dna ? Ie: only you could salvage your own corpse, making corpses a valuable asset for pirates to ransom HG corpses over ?
It would probably also encourage ganking in that case also, but perhaps introduce another field of gameplay and I guess some form of balance to having a salvageable corpse mechanic, and bring “corpse collection” to whole new level ?
It might also broaden the act of pod ganking from a pure self-masturbatory but effectively useless activity, to a useful one.

Also yes, no doubt any change involving implants would have its effects on the market. How big a change ? Difficult to say.

@Scoots_Choco
There’s the “panic mode” for pods analogy, a playerdriven podgoo salvage insurance almost everyone could profit from in some way. Try not to read everything so literally.

You get to enjoy the benefits the pod has on your ship/activity. But you lose it like anything else when it’s destroyed. That’s the balance/weight.

That’s you’re decision. You choose the level of risk/reward you want to take. Some people obviously don’t mind multi-bil isk pods. If people thought implants were under utilised then maybe we could look at buffing them, but i don’t know anyone who thinks implants are under used/not worth it.

Since using ships is not really optional in eve, insurance as a mechanic is designed to soften the loss for new-ish players making mistakes or trying new things. That’s why the only decent pay outs are on tech1 ships and have recently been reduced on capital ships (and even then many people want rid of the insurance mechanics because it’s an isk faucet). It’s not meant for luxury items which you could say implants are.

Let’s not create a new lever in the already messed up economy that EVE Online currently has. Your suggestion now goes even beyond your original “feelings” argument into a hilariously and poorly thought out bad idea.

My original “feelings” were to discuss ways in which pod and podding gameplay overall “could” be altered to be more organic and spread-out in terms of gains/losses for each party involved, as it stands currently, it’s entirely one-sided by design

But if you want to keep being the guy that responds to threads by pointing fingers at how stupid an idea is or how dumb the player is, bashing down to his own choices ingame and never about possibilities in game design itself, and then leave it at that, fine, you’re an accomplished poster.

Meanwhile I know it’s not common in this community to get an improving and creative response from people to an initial bad idea (most ideas start out bad fyi), but it was worth a shot imo.

The incentive for using implants is that you have better stats thanks to implants. That’s literally the whole point of implants. If you’re too poor to re-buy your implants, then you shouldn’t have plugged in expensive implants in the first place or at least switched to an empty clone before engaging someone.

I don’t understand the point of your post. If you want to have the benefits of the implants, without wishing to risk those implants, then that’s a ■■■■■■ up attitude. You’re making yourself sound like a victim who isn’t willing to commit to his decision of using expensive implants and rather wants some way of copping out once things don’t go as you hoped they would.

What you’re getting back is that you have better stats than others who don’t use implants.

How can you miss this actually important part,
which is the whole reason why someone uses implants in the first place?

1 Like

Lots of things “could” be something else, but that doesn’t mean your idea is worthwhile.

You need to explain why it would improve the game. All I’m seeing is you feeling like you’re entitled to things because you believe some implants are more expensive.

Quoting for emphasis.

Repeat after me OP:

“Implants are a luxury item. No one is required to have them.”
(see: Not having implants does not prevent a player from doing things… they only give people an “edge”)

“Gaining a linear edge over others comes at exponentially higher cost.”
(see: The power-to-price difference between T1, T2, Faction, and Officer stuff)

“Money-tanking is not a thing in this game.”
(see: Even if a player decides to spend gobs more money than other players on ships/equipment, they are not guaranteed anything. The money only buys the option of having an “edge.” Nothing more. Nothing less.)

2 Likes

This is the reason most don’t take training clones into battle. It’s basic PvP 101, unless, of course, you are EVE rich and don’t care. But, really, ‘don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose’ does not just apply to spaceships.

The Ship is there to protect the pod. That’s why the ships get some form of, what did you call it, “panic leverage”.

You cant compare an expensive POD with an expensive ship.

I dont really understand you here… you are now comparing your pod without “panic mode leverage” with someone else’s less expensive ship that is useful to a fleet, that is “entitled to panic mode leverage”???

Again, if you are in a fleet and claiming you are useful, then I would suggest you put a ship around your Pod to protect it. Sitting in a pod in a fleet, you are NOT useful.

I feel very honoured! Thank you! :blush:

not sure, but from the update today I have a feeling someone jumped the gun and though the whole implant drop on pod kill was player, but it appears to be only the NPC pods.

yet another case of CCP PR group miscommunicating with the community! :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ll notice that both the implants dropped. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, “NPC pods”, lol.

well we now have confirmation on the drops.

would have been nice of CCP to state this instead of leaving is an unknown.

well fly safe everyone.

edit:
I think CCP if they are going down this path should bring back the clone insurance to offer some form of protection due to the foreseeable increase in pod killing.

Are you just… unable to read… or…???