Policy Update - Real Life Threats & Harassment

So, you’re a special snowflake who can’t handle a good dose of antimatter?

What I find disturbing is the presence of people who respond to valid gameplay by ranting and making threats and comments which carry over to RL

1 Like

Eve Online time has passed.
Eve Online must adopt or die.

1 Like

Oh. So when the song says:
“You best watch out ■■■■■ if you’re an exploiting scammer
Guard will gank you in the face with his big ban hammer
Remove all your Isk, throw your ass in the slammer
Make you share a cell with a manic ISK spammer”
and
“Patience soon well be crip walking in stations”
CCP is talking to their competition? I see.

Just recently, huh? There are unfortunately people who have been jerks since day one in this and other online games and on the internet in general. This is not a new thing. Yet now the policy needs to be “clarified”? Right after the announcement of CCP being bought. The timing is either revealing or an odd coincidence. Coincidence, I’m sure…

No.

Ccp has an agreement of a service to a player.
Ccp does not approve player x tells player y he is going to kill him in RL.

If you do not agree with the TERMS OF SERVICE. Well then get a lawyer explain you your options.

If I would get 1 ISK each time I have to explain someone a contract they signed…

1 Like

Adopt a carebear

Like when they took the little bees under their wing and gave them their own playground with a direct line to their pet devs and pet CSM members? If only CCP would do that for me. Or any other group in the game, for that matter.

:cry:

2 Likes

Did CCP Edited the policy ??

I was cloaky camped for 7 months, CCP never responded to my petitions, if i could find the guy doing it, i’d drive over to his house and ask him very reasonably if he would please allow me to play EVE.

CCP allows permanent war decs, In real life wars end, in EVE, you can grief someone forever or until they quit playing, great customer service there. There are no victory conditions for war here.

How is me asking in person harassment, and him ruining game for me and 100 other paying people my bad? Nobody has yet to explain to me how cloaky camping benefits the community.

_CCP is responsible for this by allowing this behavior to fester and grow. If CCP didn’t create and maintain the environment that drive people to harassment and real life threats we wouldn’t have this problem…well done CCP, you are the problem, not us

2 Likes

A line has to be drawn somewhere. In-game problems should stay in the game, not out in the real world.

If you want to complain about cloaky camping, click here.

How it is harassment?

You are taking the game outside of the game and into real-life. That is what you do wrong.

2 Likes

Did you leave the region and go to the other end of null (or you know a wh or high) change corp, and still were cloaky camped by the same player?
Or are you complaining that the same player camped a system you happened to be in.
The former would meet their usual bar for harassment as would a permanent wardec if you take suitable steps to get away.
The later would not.

So you’d pursue a real-life person, and doubtless terrify their family, just so you could play a game uninterrupted ? You’re a very sick person - you don’t need a ban on cloaky camping, you need clinical help.

1 Like

No not every disagreement with the opposite sex is sexism. But being told that as a female I should not be playing Eve as it is just for men. That females don’t have the intelligence for it. That females F**K it up and ruin the game for the men playing because we have hormones.

That’s sexism.

3 Likes

There’ s a lot of hypocrisy here, .but a lot. Harassment has a lot of perception, different people perceive things at different levels, and like sexism, a bullying behavior could depend of each particular situation. But the great hypocrisy here comes from CCP itself. How do you pretend people will act responsible if all type of behavior is allowed in game? How do you pretend to fight bulling, harassment, sexism, if inside the game there’re almost no rules to do whatever a player want, as far as he/she pays good money to CCP? For example, how do you pretend new players feels comfortable, if after few time, new players are absolutely under old players influence, who can do in practice whatever they want? If you opened the Pandora box, you got what you deserve, it’s a rule of life. If you created a game where some players can do, in game, whatever they want with others, that affect psychologically the rest. You created the monster, now how can you pretend to control it?. I hope everything goes fine, I like this game, but I have saw perfectly the harassment from one character to another in game, and that harassment is perfectly legal, under CCP rules. Now will be hard to go back. You can’t always pretend, buddy, separate real life from video games, everybody tries, actual data shows a different thing. Anyway, always is welcome to know that at least you’re worried about something that’s impacting the gamer community. Welcome the new rules, we’ll see how they work.

1 Like

Antimatter is the only valid answer.

1 Like

The bee’s organisation is better on most levels, they are the military-industrial complex.

When I’m feeling like I’m being harassed in an online game I just shut down my monitor and go make a nice cup of soy tea!

2 Likes

I worry everytime i see the word “Hatespeech” in this day and age, can we get CCPs definition of this as everytime it is uttered its whatever the silencer want it to be? Its a matter of consistency to which CCP want to uphold this.

1 Like

You probably won’t get a definition. CCP’s ToS have this though:

You may not use any abusive, defamatory, ethnically or racially offensive, harassing, harmful, hateful, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, threatening or vulgar language. (Alternate spelling or partial masking of such words will be reprimanded in the same manner as the actual use of such words.)

• Guard shared this:

I have faith that this will actually be applied. Not sure if you do though, but it’s probably the best we will get.

1 Like

All this political correct ■■■■■■■■ is total unnecessary.

Just let people discuss with clear words and don’t demand from them to cotton wool every word…
That’s nonsense.

An asshole is an asshole and not a “socially deprived human being”.

3 Likes