Policy Update - Real Life Threats & Harassment

Wrong, you are baiting someone to fight and then turn the fight around on them saying that you were victim.

Well, this a very valid and good point. Maybe is better that CCP will just delegate real life threats and all other real life actions with legal consequences to the competent authorities, and notify them with their findings. Then let them decide if any sort of action is required.

May not be good idea to mix real world with the game world; i think is not CCP job to police people private life, as they are not on charge or neither competent to do that.

So let legal issues on the hands of authorities and people prepared to do that job, as real life threats are not an issue to be handled by a GM; he may take a decision who can make things much worse, or even trigger a tragic chain of events.

PS: By being quick on banning a person suspected of real life threats, CCP may feel that they washed their hands on that issue and did all was needed to resolve it, but in reality things can be more complicated than that.
And is very obvious that banning a person will do absolutely nothing on preventing him to carry on with his threats, on contrary…

PS2: Or maybe all that CCP cares is to get himself covered in the case that s… hit the fan, and then all this discussion is completely pointless… :wink:

What about real-life in-game threats? If I say drunkenly to a dude at the pub that I’m going to commit un-Christian acts with his stash of exotic dancers next time he logs in, is that going to be a problem?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.