Poll: Screenshot. Which one looks better? Thanks!

• First
  • Second

0 voters

1 Like

What if neither is worthy of praise?

3 Likes

In my opinion both have too much glare. However the first view isn’t as bright so I picked that one.

3 Likes

That’s not what I’m asking for. I’m not asking if the content of the images looks good, but which of these two look better. Even if both images showed something ugly one of them would still look better.

I think the issue with the glare is less that it’s there and more that it’s the wrong colour. One can do a lot with this. Looking at objects without the star on the image makes objects look fine, but as soon as the blue star comes into play, projecting yellow light onto everything, things look wrong. The slightly purple multiplier causes the “mist” to harmonize with the star thus reducing the visual impact. That’s is my best guess, at least. I will conduct further research in systems with other stars.

That’s not what I’m asking for. I’m not asking if the content of the images looks good, but which of these two look better. Even if both images showed something ugly one of them would still look better.

The glare may not be an issue to you but it’s definitely a problem, especially with it being projected with ‘Mist’. In fact there isn’t any ‘Mist’ in space anyway so adding that effect to the game is an issue that breaks immersion. Now having that effect be applied to various areas like Asteroid Belts and Ore Anomaly sites is ok which could be explained as being caused by dust particles floating in those areas.

Anyway, if there wasn’t any ‘Mist’ included with the graphics of the sun, the wrong color light tint shining on the station probably wouldn’t be as noticeable.

By the way, maybe you could re-edit your reply to me again and remove Hellfire’s quote and reply and add it to your original reply to him.

1 Like

More color in the 1st one.

The mist is pod goo.

2 Likes

Immersion. Heh.

The fact that we can see the outside universe outside of a warp tunnel breaks immersion too. Yes, that’s how warp drives work. The new Star Trek movies actually show this more accurately than any of the other before did. (ignoring the fact that no one knows what the inside would look like)

The fact that most NPCs are super easy to beat is also immersion breaking, because they’re basically idiots who willingly let themselves get slaughtered. In sixteen years of getting slaughtered one would think they’d started improving their techniques, tactics and equipment. There’s so many things that break immersion one way or another, it makes me conclude that it’s a game and doesn’t matter.

Anyhow, the ‘mist’ is most likely highly concentrated Cosmic Dust. Unusually highly concentrated. I guess they’ve put that in because light effects make for nice videos/screenshots.

Sure, I can accept that the fog/mist effect is due to Cosmic Dust, but that should only be present in locations that generate a lot of dust, such as Asteroid Belts, Ore Anomaly sites and Moon Mining.

As for making nice video’s and screenshots, kinda tough to do that when the bright glare washes out everything else on the screen.

Stop thinking.

Glare doesn’t exist in space because there are no atmospheric particles for the light to bounce off of.

The glare in EVE is from some “Flat Earth” person.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Clearly an intellectual.

Picture or its not true “confirmed”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.