Possible To Still Bypass Acceleration Gate Restrictions?

Faction Police ≠ Concord

1 Like

You’re confusing the rules of the game with ingame lore rules.

Exploits like bypassing a restricted gate are not allowed by CCP, who can ban your account for it.

Outlaws are not allowed in high sec by the NPC factions who can send the in-game police after you.

Please tell me you can see the difference.

Not really confusing, you can try to run in both cases and you will only succeed in one if you tried.

If you happen to know a way to avoid Concord, please tell CCP. People would abuse it and the existence of this rule only means that CCP can ban whoever knowingly exploited the game, on a case by case basis. If this rule didn’t exist, CCP would not be able to retroactively ban people who abused such a bug.

And really, people who find and abuse an exploit to avoid CONCORD after a suicide gank will not be confused whether it is actually an exploit. Thry will know.

It’s not confusing at all if you put in some effort.

Deadspace - EVElopedia

There are certain areas scattered around space that are unsuitable for warping into due to natural phenomena. These areas were discovered early on and dubbed Deadspace. It is only recently that the strategic usefulness of these special areas has been discovered. Someone had the bright idea that instead of warping or jumping into Deadspace, it might be possible to use the ancient acceleration gates (the precursors to modern gates) to simply catapult vessels, much like a slingshot, through space. This method was successful, giving anyone with the access to the technology the opportunity of building and defending pockets in Deadspace, as well as limiting access to them by controlling the gates. At this point everyone ranging from Empires to pirate factions, and even sentient rogue drones, are scrambling to set up various enterprises in Deadspace. These range from recreational facilities for the wealthy and homes for the elderly to naval shipyards and asteroid processing fields.

2 Likes

Sounds like an exploit. :rofl:

1 Like

From in game I can’t. From outside I can. It all takes out of game knowledge players may not be aware of with all the other out of game knowledge there is to have, such as patch notes basically being required reading or KABOOM.

As far as the gates go, using an obviously unintended programming glitch to get in, or hack, would be a clear exploit. But using simple known game mechanics to get in is not an obvious exploit at all. Its an exploit by decree, the worst kind of rule.

Deadspace pockets were meant to still be accessible by third parties so that players aren’t safe in them, but also only accessible via specific steps based on the lore around them. Literally they aren’t supposed to be reachable via normal space flight, but CCP didn’t have a mechanic available to create that kind of a restriction when they created deadspace. So they declared it an exploit to circumvent the intended navigation behaviors of the pockets. This includes PvP and PvE scenarios - it is just as disallowed to slowboat an Orca into deadspace to mine asteroids behind a restricting gate as it is to bring a more powerful combat ship than the mission allows.

Also consider burner missions, which are frigate restricted to create higher difficulty in exchange for very high rewards (for mission content). Bypassing that restriction creates an imbalanced risk/reward output.

See Boomerang Exploit. Whereby ships with quick align time would gank miners across a series belts within a system. Keeping one step ahead of Concord. It resulted in CCP instituting the 15 minute cooldown of warp ability for the criminally flagged.

Oh that sucks. I had a suggestion for how you could do it, but now can’t say because it’s an exploit.

1 Like

That list of exploits is clearly out of date, since CCP now encourages people to buy in-game assets using real-life money:

the thing is that it is an exploit…

concord does not respond to -5 and below players, so it’s not an exploit.

only to you. Concord only attacks players with criminal timers, which are primarily generated from players shooting an illegal target.

CCP pretty explicitly bans most transactions of RL assets between players, buying items directly from ccp or authorized retailers has always been allowed.

NIce nitpicking. You must be proud.

Please change my instances of “Concord” to “Security forces”. Its a common mistake. Even zKill throws them together and you will see this if you look up " Ship: Minmatar Security Officer 1st Rank for example.

In other words, running from the in-game law is both an exploit and not an exploit depending on some hyper specifics.

You’re right.

But this distiction doesn’t matter to anyone who doesn’t know the difference between faction police and CONCORD, because the people who manage to run away from CONCORD and live will surely know the difference if they’re knowledgeable enough to perform such an exploit.

The common player that is still confused by all the different types of NPC police won’t be able to find such an exploit and do not need to know about these declared exploits either. At most, they try suicide ganking and get killed by CONCORD, because it’s pretty much impossible to escape them.

It’s not “hyper specifics”, it’s a massive difference in design concept. CONCORD is automatic death and the CONCORD ships are just a lore-friendly explanation for why your ship automatically explodes after you commit certain acts. It is intended to be 100% guaranteed death and therefore survival is only possible by exploiting a glitch in the mechanics. Faction police, on the other hand, are deliberately designed as weaker NPCs that can be evaded and even destroyed. It is deliberate intent that it is possible (and, depending on the ship, very easy) to evade them. So how can evading them be an exploit?

In the case of gate restrictions it is intended to be one of those absolute ban scenarios. CCP has acknowledged that due to certain technical flaws in their implementation it is possible to evade the restriction, but that evasion is not intended and using it is considered an exploit.

1 Like

Who does this?

Aside from 1 constellation, CONCORD doesn’t care about outlaw status characters and isn’t on anyone’s tail.

CONCORD only cares about criminal activity.

■■■■■■■■.

Avoiding CONCORD is an exploit.

CONCORD don’t care about outlaws, only about criminal activity.

The rules aren’t “hyper specific” because there’s no concept of “hyper specific” v “hypo specific”, etc. There are just specific rules and ruling from CCP. It’s a game. It has to have rules and there will always be boundaries to how the rules apply.

Common mistake for idiots maybe.

Yeah, zkillboard doesn’t identify any factional police as CONCORD, including the one you linked.

This is CONCORD:

1 Like

well then it’s never an exploit because running from security forces isn’t an exploit

You would never divine that intention on your own. Its a specific you need to read or be told a lot about before you realize that so clearly. No one can read a Dev’s mind.

If someone finds such a glitch and somehow survives they very likely won’t know it was an exploit. I have tried to do things to get away from Concord before. I wasn’t looking to cheat. I was looking to get away from Concord. There might be a way with all this spaghetti code. The first person to do it will probably do it by accident and will likely be a noob. And he might tell his noob buddies and they won’t know it to be an exploit either. They will probably just think they found something new, not that they found an unintended hole.

LIke I said, to so many players its all just “authorities” to them. That some NPC authorities are gods and some are wet noodles is not immediately understandable. As I liked above, even the zkillboard confuses the security forces.

Key word “intended”. We can only guess at people’s intentions. We can’t real minds. We play and stuff happens. Some of us read and have a better idea. But this whole thing is very related to the “bug vs feature” discussion and we all know CCP very often just picks the description that seems more convenient to them.

You will need to cut and paste “Minmatar Security Officer 1st Rank” and search for it. Concord will come up in the list.

I don’t know why that link came out like it did.

You over-use the word idiots and its telling. I suggest you stop. But as I doubt you even understand the problem, I think you won’t.

If you succeed in running from Concord its an exploit.

If you succeed in running from FacPo its not.

This is confusing.

Its like saying if you succeed in running from the FBI you are a cheater.

But if you succeed in running from State Police you play fair.

You’re the first and only person I’ve seen mention that this is confusing. Maybe the issue is not with the game itself?

4 Likes