Possible To Still Bypass Acceleration Gate Restrictions?

FacPo and CONCORD are two different entities.

one you can out run (FacPo) for having a negative security status.

The other (CONCORD) you cannot evade without a ban from CCP.

Spend more time in NPC corp and help channels. You will see confusion. I am just commenting on said confusion.

EVE Uni is not much help either. They have a Concord page which makes no mention of FacPo, no FacPo page, and only mentions FacPo on the Security Status page briefly. Lots of people are confused because they never even heard of FacPo, don’t know the difference between a criminal and an outlaw (as there is no sharp difference in RL) and damn EVE is just a jumble of special specifics.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Security_status

And its made worse by this quote about when Concord attacks:

“Having low security status and jumping into a Hi-Sec System in the Sanctum Constellation”

If you skimmed and didn’t pay real close attention to the Sanctum Constellation part, you can get real mixed up.

No it doesn’t. zkillboard don’t confuse anything, because the data used comes straight from CCP.

I’m spending a lot of time in the rookie help channel, but I guess rookies aren’t yet at a point in the game where this confuses them, because I’ve seen a lot of questions but not this one.

Yes it does.

That’s a different entity on the same kill mail…

Just because I happen to be on the same kill mail as someone else, does not mean that if you search that someone else and you see me on that kill mail, that the other person is me.

If you stop picking nits you might keel over from boredom. Those who don’t pick nits can get confused. Get over it.

You are accusing others of picking nits? :rofl:

You seem to think I would not accuse myself. After all this time, you still don’t know me at all.

I’m sorry, but if we’re operating under the assumption that players never read tutorials/exploit listings/etc then there’s no point in having any further discussion. The fact that the most clueless of newbies do not immediately understand something does not change the fact that there is a clear difference in design between the intent of 100% guaranteed death via CONCORD and the deliberately lesser threat of faction police. Or the fact that the acceleration gate restrictions are in the “100% guarantee” category and it is not supposed to be possible to bypass them.

If someone finds such a glitch and somehow survives they very likely won’t know it was an exploit.

I would expect that if anyone accidentally discovers an exploit that allows them to survive CONCORD CCP is not going to punish them for the accident. They’ll issue a warning, patch the exploit, and move on. The exploiters we’re talking about are people who know perfectly well that it is an exploit and are deliberately using it.

We can only guess at people’s intentions.

Or we can read the explicit statements from CCP that this is an exploit and not permitted.

2 Likes

No it doesn’t. zkillboard is not throwing them together, nor identifying a Minmatar Security Officer as CONCORD.

Facpo chase outlaws. Most gankers are outlaws.
CONCORD respond to criminal activity. Gankers perform crimes.

So lots of killmails have multiple ships on them, which has nothing to do with zkillboard confusing them or identifying them together. That just literally means that in those engagements, CONCORD got the killing blow and there was no player involved as an attacker.

Next you’ll be trying to claim zkillboard confuses you with Facpo:

Thrasher | Aaaarrgg | Killmail | zKillboard

Or confuses you with CONCORD when you are whoring on a CONCORD kill:

Catalyst | Jason Hammersmith | Killmail | zKillboard

while failing to prevent a gank from happening:

1 Like

Remember when Drifter Complexes were a thing someone found hidden Nexus room by slowboating 30k km past acceleration gate? Were they exploiting?

Inspired by that discovery I myself have tried to enter those complexes from different directions bypassing accel gates. By rewarping and bookmarking midwarp I’ve tried to find the complex boundaries. IIRC, deadspace area is something like 200k km in diameter. I think I have some bookmarks right on the border, where if you move a bit and rewarp you go to the complex entrance.

One can fly across 200k km in 5.5 hours moving 10km/s. Not very useful or exploitable IMO.

I wish exploration would mean this, not hacking minigame. Looking for clues around a system, warping around to moons and planets, scanning and probing stuff, navigating and triangulating. Reaching unreachable places.

Or this could be mining prospector profession. Searching for and mapping out mining anomalies, ice comets and asteroids.

The whole drifter storyline kind of fell apart when TQ went Skynet after Drifter incursions started and tanked server performance.

Was a really good build up and story, that kind of just fell apart overnight.

But from a technical perspective, if they needed a gate to go 30 km (I kind of doubt it), then yeah probably, but 30km isn’t a gated dungeon, it’s on the same grid.

My screenshot speaks for itself. Understanding how and why someone would get confused is easy. This game has as many rules and ins and outs and changes and reversions as national laws, and no single, complete, perpetually updated guidebook.

As usual with you and some others, you seem to be just saying the opposite thing to either keep the bickering going or to “win”. All of EVE is rife with confusion because EVE is a complicated game. Your knowledge of it did not come easily or quickly and you damn well know it. At least give yourself some credit for having absorbed so much and stop acting like any fool could have picked it up in half the time you did.

That’s how exploration use to be, well sorta like that for combat anomalies.

Back before CCP turned exploration into easy mode, you had to warp to each planet and do a system scan to find Cosmic Anomaly combat sites, it’s been such a long time but I think they were located within 4 or 5 AU’s of planets.

As for clues, NPC’s use to drop Ship Logs that contained reference to a DED site in a specific system. When in system you had to either warp around and do system scan or use the old multi-step probes to find it.

1 Like

Yes it does, and there is nothing like zkill confusing minmatar facpo for CONCORD. That is an idiotic claim.

No, and neither did those of us that have been here for a long time, sprout off ■■■■■■■■ at everyone else when we were learning the game.

We just shut up and learnt and generally came here to then help other people. Uninformed idiots who know nothing but carry on like they do make that harder, because when someone new comes along in the future and reads stupid posts, they might not have the understanding at the time to know how dumb they are, and could be led in the wrong direction. That’s part of why (and unfortunately so argumentatively) we need to keep telling you that you are wrong on so many things. You just haven’t spent the time to actually learn the game, but carry on about things you have no clue about.

1 Like

Claiming I made that claim is idiotic. That’s not what I said.

As I have said before you really need to stop throwing words like “idiotic”, “stupid” and “idiot” around bro. You know a lot about EVE, but that does not make your opinions golden nor my opinions wrong. And you clearly have difficulty understanding English sometimes as shown by your complete misunderstanding of what I said OR your improper use of grammar in characterizing it.

And you could really just plain do with keeping your arrogance in check. Its not doing you any favors.

1 Like

Wow this thread got derailed…

Anyway, my Alpha alt got that mission with the shuttle gate again and I decided to see if I could bypass the gate for science. After flying for a few hours, the shuttle had gone 10,000 km and was still on grid.

I decided to build a special 50nm microwarpdrive Endurance that could do more than 8.5 km/s and put a mining fit and mobile depot in the cargo.

[Endurance, A fast boi]
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

Modulated Deep Core Miner II

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router II

I fleet warped to my Alpha alt and landed at the locked gate, then I aligned with the gate and activated my microwarpdrive. Then I went to get something to eat…

The grid with the initial gate turned out to have about a 15,000 km radius. When I left the initial grid, I immediately transferred to the next room’s grid, about 25,000 km from where the gate would have landed me.

It seems now that there is no longer anymore normal space between deadspace pockets to create warpable bookmarks anymore. It took about 90 mins to make the journey from the initial gate to the asteroids in the next pocket, which really wasn’t too bad considering how much ore was in them and how many there were. It’s just to bad I forgot my mining crystals. :frowning:

TLDR:
It seems CCP has massively increased grid sizes, effectively removing the ability to fly off grid and create warpable bookmarks to bypass gates. The only way around gates now is to fly all the way between grids in normal space, something that can only be done realistically with specialized fits.

3 Likes

Nice fit. One thing many overlook with a fit like that is that it has to be cap stable or its useless. With 3 cap rechargers and judging by your story it must be.

For interesting reference that speed is about the same as an Apollo mission to the moon. Yep. All these glorious spaceships and most are far slower than a 1960s moon mission and only a highly specialized ship, most with no weapons, can even match one.

Yes, it was part of the preparation for the introduction of Citadels, which take up more total space in their undock range than the old grid size.

CCP changed it in December 2015:

Grid Sizes & You | EVE Online