Presidential Campaign Speech, Orvolle IV, On Recent Events

Ladies, gentlemen, all citizens of the Federation,

The past month has been a challenging one for our people. War came with a fresh and intense outburst in the Placid Region, following renewed Militia invasions in the Amevync constellation of our home. Many hundreds of ships, and tens of thousands of lives, were sacrificed to hold the line against the Caldari State and their willing accomplices in tyranny. We must remain ever vigilant that such an incursion does not succeed, wherever it may take root.

I wish to express my utmost gratitude to the pilots, crew, and families that supported our successful defense of these star systems, and the continued defense of Federation Freedom in the region of Placid.

This great Federation experiment in Democracy is, as we unfortunately well know from simple attention to basic foreign events and news streams from The Scope, a fragile thing. A dear thing. Our democracy is unique. And it must be protected with the dearest resources available. Our Blood. Our Treasure. Our passion and our love.

We have seen recently new candidates enter the race for the Presidency of the Federated Union of Gallente Prime. Kelen Ontbad is doing… something, again. Shaileen Ramnev has stepped forward to offer her voice.

However, we must cast a skeptical eye to these perennial politicians. Suvio Bellaron, included. Do these once-every-five-years names truly represent the best the Federation, as a whole, comprising billions and billions of citizens, truly offers? Do their life experiences provide the sufficient, shall we say, ammunition, to deal with this very present and real danger in the ongoing Triglavian invasion? Do we just sit down, resigned to our fates, and pick one of three names, who have not lifted a single finger to raise us out of our current troubles of interstellar war and escalating post-Jovian satellite state interventions?

I say, no. We should not just settle for a set of names that were recirculated from five years ago, or a name that is soley focused around a single issue. We should press hard, and fight, and do all that we must, to raise our voices and say, NO. We should say NO to the political consensus of our times. We should say NO to the current trajectory of Federation Politics. We should take the rudder of our ship of state, and steer hard to avoid the collision we can so easily see before us. We must rise to this challenge, because it may be our last opportunity before the coming storm.

I’m asking for your support, friends, because this is our opportunity. This is the opportunity to fix what is wrong with our democracy. This is our opportunity to repair the damage of the past ten years. This is our opportunity to fortify and safeguard our society against a radically new and dangerous threat from beyond New Eden. I ask for your support, fellow citizens, to save the Federation. Work with me. Fight with me. And we shall, together, save this great experiment of ours.

Thank you,

Julianus Soter

Candidate for the Presidency of the Federated Union of Gallente Prime

3 Likes

You’re invited to talk about that and other with peaceful debates and far from rage and hateful responses at the “Council of intellectuals”:
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/the-council-of-the-intellectuals

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.