Price of Plex - Market intervention Required from CCP

Actual hard scarcity of resources would make people fight over them . Imagine you mined your asteroid anomalies in a system you won’t see new ones for 2-3 weeks others in your alliance carve up other systems suddenly the neighbors anomalies look mighty juicy.Not to mention you can’t defend everyone spread out like that and you get these guys too far away attacked by enemies voila conflict everywhere all cuz we can’t turtle up and farm

3 Likes

Just as an aside…I highly recommend challenging yourself to the LowSec challenge. I’m doing that now and it’s a blast.

• New Alpha Toon
  • Can never go into HS
  • Limited to about 1-5M start-up ISK from your main (optional)
  • Everything must be made by yourself.
  • You can use an alt to bring you things but you must repay back.

It’s a tough slog but wow do you ever have to think and plan…every loss really hurts. A bit of ratting, mining and manufacturing. Learn the locals and fit ships properly. Fun fun!

1 Like

ye i dont think moons should have had strict minerals in them, more a mix of more of allsorts; sure some better than others but not to that extent.

It would have been easier to make the rare stuff come from meteor showers or comets, moving stuff that rorquals (being able to cyno to with ships in cargo) would actually have made the best mining support ships. Whats about supernovas? blackholes? or other types of anomalies?

Couple that with no local and its not so easy to detect every random mining op in null simply by flying through…

So yeh totally agree.

1 Like

THIS…

It’s so bad now that the loss of a titian is not even news anymore.

1 Like

Ive done a lot of solo pvp in lowsec, it would just be grindy for me tbvh.

Id probably just end up running missions. (to make isk)

Possibly but with an Alpha where you have zero back-up (ISK)…

It’s a bit RP’ish though so…

If youve never lived in lowsec or taken part in faction warfare, or solo/microgang pvp’d id recommend it totally :smiley:

1 Like

Totally agree, extend that to combat anoms and any other direct ISK source an you have the cure.

the solution to subs still is and always has been allow 1 character accounts for 5$ a month. main reason i quit 10 years ago before coming back with the sole intent of playing 100% free was because it was pointless to spend 15$ a month on an account where i only needed 1 character.

the old eve disks you could buy in store with bonus codes would come with like 3-6 months of plex plus bonus items for less than 30$ in store. i get it home and think oh i just bought the game itself as a younger kid only to find out nope it still needs a subscription for some reason.

you want to increase subs? lower the sub options to not force people in a very expensive 15$ a month slot or let them buy the game up front with no further costs.
look at elder scrolls online, they tried to charge 60 upfront and 15 a month on top of that and the game imploded so quickly its straight up f2p now with no limitations.

ccp is just punishing the little guy instead of incentivising them to stick around as usual, goonswarm doesnt care about a few hundred mil increase which is a deal breaker for others.

1 Like

This is an interesting idea. Kind of like in FF14, where you have an “entry” option. Not sure how popular it would be, since we know that anyone and everyone seems to have alts. However, being a person who really only plays on one character, this would be a pretty nice option.

Might be a non-trivial issue to implement code-wise though. Depends on how unflexible the current codebase is. Code issues has limited feature implementation before. It is known.

Learn to type currency correctly… 5th grade is that way—>

Also, WTH with the grr gons nerf gons… is it just because they figured it out and everyone else is jealous? Anything CCP does will be min/maxed by the minds of GSF (and shared) well before anyone else.

1 Like

that’s the #1 problem with null sec

1 Like

amazingly no, it wouldnt if the design was more solid.
Prime example is indeed the rorqual change, i mean; everything about that wouldhave been a forgone conclusion.

AND
faction warfare… because the system is basic af; so of course it can/could be abused.

And now that goons all have several titans and supers each; what can ccp do?

but dont worry.

If goons are as resourceful as you seem to think, im sure they will bounce right back if the balance is ever dealt with…

Your poor guy, I actually feel bad for you. Anything that CCP does that can hurt GSF will hurt others more. Feel free to find something that doesn’t apply.

1 Like

deleting titans and supers from the game.

there is never ‘not’ something that wont effect one group more thn another; goons are no exception.

Even a rorqual nerf so its actuall a mining support vehicle woud screw over more of goons than anyone else.

This is pretty much why your debating skill looks so poor, because it is. You should probably think a bit harder about things before you speak; by your own admission goons are supposed to be good at that?

OK, then 15 fleets of megathrons… who is going to stop that? Nice try…

1 Like

stop them doing what exactly?
ok frog ravens, i only need 80 people in my fleet and you wont hit me…
again, think before you speak; your starting to look really stupid.

inb4 ‘but we can do that too beat that’ post

actually you cant, much of goonswarm can barely align or push f1 at the right time, i wouldnt bank on them doing anything too complicated.

:roll_eyes: OK

2 Likes

Who at ccp is responsible for the economic analysis and decision making?