Pricing Updates

To make sure skills are still training on the character.

Whenever I take a break from Eve, I’ll still log-in to make sure my character is still training up skills.

Course missing out on training now isn’t as important as it use to be, what with CCP constantly giving out free SP’s. Still though, no reason to waste the Omega skill training time so yeah, like I said… to make sure skills are still training on the character.

That’s what evemon is for. I bet he plays and is just whining.

Well, there’s other things too, like checking on long term Market orders, Science jobs, Structure fueling, etc. Also check out changes to the game or even visit with friends.

Sure EveMon can show most of those but maybe he doesn’t have it installed on his computer, especially since EveMon isn’t advertised as much as it use to be.

look at the pack prices.

1 month 20% increase, 12 months 10%.

ccp just want you to use the max pack prices. :smile:

If I’m not mistaken, the Euro prices have been unchanged since at least 2009 when I started playing. That in itself is pretty insane. EVE has gotten cheaper and cheaper in real money, inflation-adjusted.

And btw, if you just want to play and are content to not progress with your characters in terms of skillpoints, you can play Omega completely for free, without either paying money or ISK for PLEX. Just have one char per account as a SP farmer and sell four Skill Injectors per month. Currently even turns a small profit. Even if it changes because too many people start doing it, you are maybe looking at paying 100m ISK per month to enjoy full Omega.

I pay my two main accounts with money and transitioned to pay three other Omega accounts by selling SP. The chars on those accounts are for specialized tasks and don’t need more SP beyond this point.

When price was adjusted for rubles I asked why CCP wouldn’t adjust other currencies for inflation. Because that is obvious thing to do.

They will adjust other currencies. They even wrote that in this pricing update.

Oh Yah I saw this coming with the Russian currency change. CCP just take their time and see how it all plays out. Again If you plex this doesn’t matter anyways. Now if you do pay its not hard to simply start plexing :slight_smile: Always rearrange your priority’s in life first. In America I think the prices are pretty fair my self if you have a decent well paying job.

Oh yah did I forget the beautiful mechanic that allows people to go Omega for free by buying Someone else’s plex for ISK? Its great! Really the reason why I play.

Why bother if you’re not going to use them anyway ?

I would much rather have a skill already trained and ready to use when I need it then to wait for it to train. No skill is a waste and even if it’s used only once it’s still worth it.

After 12 years of playing my character has 236,700,931 skillpoints, plenty of assets, ISK and PLEX stashed away so I don’t have to log into the game everyday if I don’t want to. Even when I take long breaks I still keep my character subbed as Omega and training skills so that when I do decide to log back into the game, my character is good and ready to go.

1 Like

Fair enough - I had the impression that you never logged-in to actually play the game, for some reason.

Thanks @DeMichael_Crimson looks like US $ is very slightly cheaper than what they are changing too on £

Thanks for all the responses, it is good to see other peoples take on it. After having some time to digest it and take on board other peoples thoughts I have several options.

1: Sell the characters on the 2nd account. Quite a final thing really and of course it takes away options should I change my mind as i would need to start training again.
2: strip out the SP on those 2nd account characters then either let them sit as Alpha or biomass them, again pretty final.
3: suck it up and start paying for the 3 month options which equals what I am paying now, this may well be the better option but still need to determine if I actually really need that 2nd account.
EDIT
4. Let the 2nd account lapse to Alpha and use as an when I can pay for it or plex it

Don’t know what gave you that idea but I actually log into the game almost every day.

I’d do option 3 and if finances are an issue, just let the 2nd account go Alpha and then later when you can afford it, switch it back to Omega.

1 Like

Of course the same could be said of most MMO’s, but Eve Online actually represents an incredible value.

• A movie ticket costs about 10 bucks, meaning you pay $5-7.5 per hour of entertainment.
  • A new AAA game costs about 60 bucks, and typically delivers 10-40 hours of single player gameplay. This results in approximately $1.5-6 dollars per hour of entertainment.
  • A 3 month sub costs $40 bucks (which isn’t even the cheapest rate), and many players play between 10-40 hours per week. Naturally, your cost per hour of entertainment will vary according to how much you play, but even if you only play 10 hours per week, you’re only looking at about 31.2 cents per hour. And if you’re a no-lifer, you’re looking at about 7.8 cents per account per hour.

On top of that, Eve actually helps save me money. I don’t need to pay full price for games as soon as they release, because I always have something to play -Eve.

Anyway, I can understand if you don’t like the game direction, or are just getting tired of the game, but complaining about a reasonable price increase in response to a falling pound seems kind of silly.

3 Likes

My apologies.

well you do what you think you need to do
maybe you change your mind … maybe you make enough isk to pay the 2nd account with plex … what ever … good luck with it

JuuR

oh … in the UK you dont get good beer anyways :wink:

People pay money for this game ?

Like actually real money ?

Hmmmmm what is this trickery

haha, i beg to differ, you just need to know where to look.

1 Like

Yes they do, I assume you plex, tell me, how long does it take you to get the ISK to plex your account/s and what do you do to get it.