Private message?

How to contact with private message on this forum? Old one had this option now I can’t find it.

You need to be a certain trust level. You can find out more below:

1 Like

How can I check my trust level then?

Edit: I have a capsuleer now…

Upon further inspection you should be able too. Sadly I have no idea how sorry.
I would prob wait till someone smarter than me replies I really dont know

1 Like

Maybe it’s becuase I was away for more than a year? It is not intuitive.

I am pretty certain that private messages are not allowed on the forums. The only things that can send you private messages are the forum bot and GM/ISD/Devs.

4 Likes

So how I can contact with dev I want or @CCP_Dopamine for example without using twitter or such? This new forum is meh.

Basically what you just did. You’ll have to @ them. You could in game as well, but slim chance of getting an answer. Usually the only ones with direct messaging access are the CSM’s. @Mike_Azariah or @Brisc_Rubal can assist you possibly

2 Likes

It notifies people and takes them to your post. Its not private tho, everyone sees post on forum.

PMs are disabled for users other than CCP devs and ISD.

4 Likes

That’s a good thing.

As Nana said, general forum users are unable to initiate PMs, except with ISD (by reporting your own post to ask for help or start a private dialogue with ISD about an issue/get clarification on a forum item that is not allowed to be publicly discussed, like a moderation action).

ISDs, GMs, and Devs can initiate PMs with players.

If you need to contact CCP to provide info about something, like reporting a botting tool, an abusable defect, etc., the recommended process is to submit a support ticket.

3 Likes

What @Mkikaden_Tiragen stated is correct, if you have any issues you need to report, please file a support ticket. Or if it is a new idea, suggestion, review or feedback on upcoming changes you are more than welcome to post it in the ’ EVE Technology and Research Center
Check out many of the subforums underneath it as well.

4 Likes

Good answer to an unasked question.

The OP was wondering why this forum is so bad compared to the old one that we can’t do a basic thing like talk to other players in person and in private.

He wasn’t asking for directions on opening a PM with CCP employees and/or volunteer moderators. Or how to open a ticket to complain about something. Or where to make suggestions.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, but now the OP knows how to make a proper complaint.
:wink:

–Helpful Gadget

2 Likes

He did ask ‘how do I contact with private message on this forum’ and the answer was given: you cannot. He even expanded it to ‘how do I contact a DEV’. Alternatives for contacting a DEV via PM were offered to be helpful. Shocking, I know!

2 Likes

The answer is money.
Because cheap. And this includes maintenance.

If someone would like it to look a bit like old forums there is a method for it.

But there were some changes along the way, so you may want to use the last one script posted by me there.

3 Likes

I’ve always wondered how some of you have ‘Veteran’ next to your name in all the replies. I must not be able to see an extra menu or something because I’ve looked all over too for some sort of DM function. I’m kind of surprised it’s not a thing. I’ve gone through the tutorial and I remember talking to Discobot in like a private convo…

Certain badges can be used as titles. In this case, the Veteran badge corresponds to a Discourse trust level.

There is a lot of information on how the standard Discourse settings have been adjusted for the EVE forums in this thread:

Would be nice if more of the badges were available as titles.

1 Like

PM’s are done on the private circle jerk Discords, sometimes the circle jerks intertwine & become a mahoosive jerk such as r/eve, ect.

1 Like

From what I understand, forum posters like me who received a temp ban in the past can only advance up to a certain level which prohibits them from getting that badge, regardless of their forum age. Also they’re limited on the amount of likes they can distribute.

1 Like