Problem accessing expanded cargoholds

Haven’t used them for years but don’r recall having this issue before.

If I fit expanded cargoholds onto a ship I am unable to access the additional space unless I make it the active ship. So, if I am in another ship docked up I am unable to transfer more than the normal capacity into the industrial sitting in the ship hanger. If however I make it the active ship I can tranfer the cargo into it with no issues. If I then move back into the original ship and interrogate the cargohold of the industrial the cargo is all there but only apparently occupying the basic cargo capacity.

Yes. That is a correct summary.
And I sympathise. But I doubt it will be changed.

For a lot of the haulers the cargo size is related to the skills the pilot has - for example the Bestower, a basic Amarrian hauler, has a 5% per skill level (Amarr Industrial) bonus. This is in addition to the fitting she ship has.
I suspect CCP’s developers use a generic container size “this is a Bestower” when the ship is inactive to ease the back-end load when it handling loading - by not having to do a bunch of database accessed and so forth.
When you make a ship active I suspect that’s the only point when the they create a specific instance of a ship with all the characteristics relating to its fittings and the pilots skills.

Eve Online - a single instance covering an entire cluster with all players able to interact at all times - is an impressive achievement, but in matters like this it starts to reveal CCP’s magic.

1 Like

Terak has the gist of it. Whenever a ship is not the active ship, it’s stats will go back to defaults, this includes fitting, HP counts, and cargo capacity.

Not seeing an issue here, if the pilot is not in the ship and piloting it how and why would the pilot’s skills apply to the ship?

I’m not talking about pilot skills here, only fitted modules. In this case expanded cargo holds.

I was referring to what the first and second replies mentioned.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.