Project Idea

good luck on that this has been proposed many times for a strike but too many drones keep going and don’t care.

Yeah. Cartels never work for long, because when prices get high enough, somebody always jumps ship and starts selling. This union of miners would need some kind of police/security force to enforce the rules and punish any scabs. Maybe a job for Code. heh

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts. Unfortunately we are very busy people. So the first step should really be if all the miners who take part in this learn how to suicide gank miners so they are able to enforce their monopoly. I’m sure we can organise classes if needed.

5 Likes

A decade or so ago when gasoline prices started to really rise, someone had the absolutely brilliant idea to suggest that everyone just not buy gas. I ■■■■ you not, real person with what they thought was a legitimately good idea.

Except… you need gas to make your vehicles move.

So they amended their idea to only buy gas on Thursdays. Because that somehow fixes the whole idea.

Your idea is much the same. There are two reasons for miners to mine:

1. To sell the ore
  2. To build things from that ore

You may as well just tell miners to stop wanting isk.

1 Like

lol hard working miners… that made me spit up my noodles. idk why it just seems funny being isd just closed a thread to a miners idea of creating new modules to hold scripts that extend the range of strip miners… lmao… just ironic ya know?

I already hold a portion of what I mine as compressed ore, a savings account of sorts, but I also buy from time to time so as not to tap what I already saved, helps out big time when it’s time for some ISK.

What are miners going to do without Blueprints?

probably play star citizen lol

Reminds me of this scam from the old forums.

1 Like

Your former CEO once posted one in C&P during the Belvar times. Veers… too dumb to see his potential. i liked reading him, and i liked laughing about all the mistakes he made. I wonder which one of the current nutjobs he is. Yiola and Piggy will “like” this. Gonna fuel their mindless paranoia a bit.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/message/5080913/#post5080913

I used to have all kinds of speeches bookmarked but lost them to hard drive failure. :frowning:

2 Likes

So a Miners strike? sounds interesting.

I agree that mining in general is the foundation of this game. Unifying miners is a different story because they all work for different people. You could have a SOV miner whose happy mining to advance the goals of his own alliance for example, why is he going to stop selling to his alliance? how will it benefit him?

Even if you got many miners on board you will still get the few that will sell their minerals anyway and double the price to profit from the situation.

Maybe your project could be to carve out a section of space for miners to come and mine in peace, and defend them tooth and nail. that sounds like something I’d be properly on board with. Maybe we could make a deal with the local alliance to mine and flood the market there with reasonably priced minerals, in return for no aggression.

This is why I love Eve, I can see how content is started. My suggestion here is interesting because if a group of people create a mining haven then another group of people will want to come and relentlessly destroy you. Just one good idea can lead to epic pvp.

Hey listen buddy if you want to do a project I’m your man. All I’d say is that the goal has to be meaningful, perhaps focused on helping the little guy or the newbro.

I’m on some real gangsta ■■■■, so for example if we took over a section of Stain I’d want to organise 23 hour camps of the entrance to our pocket and take no prisoners. No more missioning in shiny ships it all about instant death to anyone who is not blue.

I like you OP, youre brave enough to throw your project idea out there and I admire that. You did stir up some some excitement in me.

1 Like

Reason I posted a longer thread with not all but some of the things that could happen and stuff

Seriously here: Have you tried the Lore forum? There’s a section for people who like to invent EVE related stories and such.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.