Project Mekhios

Get off my lawn.

10 Likes

Despite the restructuring process of SIBS on a capsuleer level, the various works and commitment of the rotating capsuleers and baseline staffers commited on our social responsible finance endeavors hasnt stopped. For SIBS our commitment of helping people affected from the warzones around New Eden and of course misshandled, left out slaves and helping put a dent to slavers operating in the black markets has been a case for us throughout our first year.

We would be happy to assist in project Mekhios and I shall be in touch through private means Miss Del’thul.

5 Likes

Make me.

2 Likes

Funny how same arguments can be used against Del’thul’s aggressions.

However your point is important and I will be against anyone who seeks to destroy the structure.

2 Likes

Ya, honestly it could have been Aldrith making this and Miz threatening, reply would be the same for the most part. Though admittedly I am a fan of this project for the most part. It has potential if it actually stays it’s course.

3 Likes

Well-- if there’s one thing Mizhara Del’thul is probably actually reliable about it’d be looking after rescued Matari.

The “thumb in your eye” quality to it is a little worrying, though-- the provoking placement, the specific mention of heavy armaments. It’s like on one hand she’s trying to provide an important service and on the other provoke a violent response, which she can then use to stir up anti-Amarrian sentiment.

The two aren’t really even in tension; even if the facility is destroyed, patients are apt to be transported away under asset safety (though that might not be true of staff, depending on how they’re registered). However, the visuals of an Amarrian fleet attacking a medical facility, even one that’s essentially a hostile base in the heart of Amarr space, would be horrible.

The visuals of leaving it there aren’t great, either, though. . . .

Hm.

4 Likes

That’s about the only thing I’d trust her with.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, checking jump ranges from various locations near the core worlds of the Empire, finding a perfect hub location one jump from Amarr and with the Mekhios Graveyard in it was a delectable happenstance. The symbolism combined with the practicality? Irresistible.

… but I must question the thought that giving fair warning that this is heavily armed and well stocked is to be taken as anything but a deterrent. The best thing that can happen to this facility and its purpose is undisturbed continuation of its purpose and job, for as long as it has a job to do. As a military threat… well, it serves about as much as one as the Ashab tradehub. It’s a place to store my vessels that is rather difficult to camp, and that’s pretty much it.

5 Likes

Controversy aside, this is an excellent initiative that I can only applaud! It also got me curious enough in the business of smuggling slaves to re-purpose an old Wreathe into an Amarr hi-sec runner, so that those of us involved in the “Pendulum pretense” can also assist with endeavors such as these in the future. Even new pilots or those with few hauling skills will be able to fly one with minimal downgrading.

Admittedly, most of the modifications proved unnecessary, and though the cargo capacity is not high, I was able to quite comfortably make it to your station and back again. I’m sure you would rather use pilots who can pass through Amarr space unhindered, but if you ever find yourself shorthanded, I would be happy to help how I can.

3 Likes

I have had a third thought.

Drawing a crude parallel to the many times which Nauplius put up a provocative structure, the IGS would form into distinct groups, in favour of shooting It, others saying not to shoot it because it gave Nauplius attention, and others who loudly said shame on various groups for allowing this to happen. And others would throw grapes because it was great entertainment.

So who are the sides this time ? These grapes won’t throw themselves.

3 Likes

Eh. That sounds like effort. I’ll just shake my fist from the porch.

5 Likes

Soo … so far it seems like we have the “Oh, good initiative” faction, the “Grr, how dare!” faction, and the “Meh” faction. The “Grr, how dare!” faction’s looking like the smallest, especially now that the lord consort is looking like a “Meh” waving a “Grr” sign for comedic effect.

1 Like

I’d like to echo the call for a means by which we can certify the freeing of slaves; while a technicality mandated by the neocom, it has a real impact for customs purposes that negatively impacts the lives of untold millions and billions. (I can only assume this has been held up by politicking within the Inner Circle.)

Secondly, I’d like to echo past calls for the delisting of slaves from SCC markets. All the SCC listing serves to do is to simplify the logistics for mass murderers and madmen.

10 Likes

Don’t go bringing the LAWN Gnomes into this.

2 Likes

And literally no more of one than any of the hundred freeports she can dock in within 2 jumps of Amarr.

5 Likes

True. There’s the symbolism thing, but … yeah.

The “Meh” faction is looking pretty strong.

3 Likes

+1 for the “Oh, good initiative” faction.

2 Likes

Were I to anchor a citadel in Republic space as a guise for attacking their barbaric internment camps and called it a hospital for those the Republic is abusing, would you have the same opinion were the Republic loyalists averse to the idea of a hostile citadel in their space?

Regardless of what you say, I think we both know the real answer.

You concede that I view it to be a base of human trafficking, but still think I’m not justified in my aversion to its presence. The hypocrisy is astounding.

3 Likes

To Ms. Vess, Ms. Elkin;

The interesting thing is that Ms. Del’thul didn’t anchor the structure under the auspices of her associated industrial corporation, Otsito Mining and Manufacturing, but instead in the corporation with which she’s been harassing Amarr loyalists for the past some months, with active wars. This alone indicates that her intention is to paint a giant SHOOT ME on the structure. That it’s a fortizar instead of any other class of structure is intended to make the gesture more provocative. Winds, she’s specifically made a point of thumbing her nose at people to get it shot at.

Were it just about providing a safe treatment and staging place, odds are a smaller structure would likely be sufficient for her needs. Were it principally about research, she’d likely secure the facility in the relative safety of the Republic, and likely use a more suitable structure.

So on.

Essentially, Ms. Vess, you’re basically performing exactly to her script.

I’m sure when eventually someone knocks down that sand castle, she’ll clutch pearls about how evil the slavers are for rising to her provocation, or possibly crow about how Upwell proprietary systems mean that her work continues regardless.

And in the meantime, she’ll crow about how weak, simpering, or ineffectual people are for not rising to her provocation, while she uses the structure to harass others.

Honestly, I’m not sure why we’re bothering with her over this.

9 Likes

It’s hostile only if you attack it without provocation. CONCORD wont let it rain hellfire on Mekhios. Heck, it’s gravitational pull might even prevent some stray debris from dropping on the planet.

But as Makoto said, you’re only playing into her hands by whipping yourself to a frenzy.

3 Likes