Project Mekhios

With respect, I have already answered this in a reply to Mizhir.

I responded:

As a former member of the TLF and even still as the CEO of a corporation under the Heiicon banner I have never nor will I ever support attacks on hospitals. No matter the side, whether enemy or foe that is unforgivable when noncombatants are involved. You feel it has ill intentions? Confirm the intentions and kill the traffic going through it.

1 Like

I do see where you are coming from with this, but I still don’t feel I can remain silent when someone remarks about destroying a hospital. I would do the same if it was an Amarrian or Gallante project all the same. No matter who, it’s just, well, wrong.

1 Like

If any loyalist shoots at this hospital, no matter how rudely situated, I will introduce my boot to your rear and then you will pay for a new boot.

6 Likes

Correct. OTSI can’t defend fuckall, and are the least capable of maintaining citadel operations should external hostilities come along. -KYN- on the other hand has been at war almost perpetually and can ensure operation in spite of external hostilities.

Mmmnot quite. If you look closer it says “Shoot me and we shoot back.”

There’s currently over a million slaves in there. An Astrahus would be destroyed by frothing zealots within the week, an EC is barely defensible and that leaves the Fortizar as the only viable structure that can be expected to stay up and running for the time period in question.

The primary purpose has been explained, and placing it within Republic space would be running counter to that. The secondary research purpose is also something that’ll require time, and thus defensibility.

I really do not see how it’s so much more provocative than the dozens of other sizable structures in the area, unless it’s so very offensive that someone would seek to treat, process and free slaves. In which case, are these people’s opinions worth much?

Anyway, here’s the current situation. The first group of just over a million spirits, along with support crews, medical supplies, vitoc supplies, research personnel and stores of little luxuries, narcotics and cultural comforts have finished transport and the process is now running at a hundred percent. The Insorum Components are also in place, along with a few hundred scientists and researchers, but research facilities are still being set up. Some people have asked how they might help, but thankfully we for the most part have things covered. ISK Donations won’t be necessary for the next few years, nor will the basic supplies (vitoc, antibiotics, etc). What we would accept with great pleasure would be rarer supplies. AIMEDs, particular cultural luxuries, trinkets or baubles from across New Eden used to give those treated tangible connections to hearth and home, or for the Insorum project, pretty much anything related to bio-engineering as this kind of project would be casting very wide nets over a very long time.

In a few days, the operations will be stable enough to be able to expand indefinitely, so we will of course take any and all slaves, refugees or simply lost civilians in need of transportation or treatment. For security purposes, our personnel will come pick them up at location and transport them to the facility, rather than opening the facility to others at this time. This will of course remain a perfectly free service. If anything, in some situations we may even reward your efforts.

I’m sure this won’t stop a lot of people from making a lot of assumptions and claims about this endeavor, but do feel free to ask any question you’d like. The answers may not fit the spun narratives of hurt feefees and such, but they will be given freely and honestly.

3 Likes

Do you honestly believe it’s actually just a hospital?

This “hospital” is literally nothing more than a front for terrorist activities. Just because CONCORD is biased against the Empire and allows such actions doesn’t mean we should stand for it. If you’re going to side with our aggressors, then I am sorely disappointed in you.

Once again, if I parked an Avatar in orbit over Pator IV and called it a “hospital” would you expect the Republic not to shoot it?

Del’thul is not an honest actress. It’s not just a “hospital” just because she says it is. How naive.

3 Likes

Then find hard evidence, present it, and provide a reasoned case.

1 Like

How is the fact that it’s from Mizhara Del’Thul not evidence enough!?

3 Likes

Don’t make me get surly.

1 Like

The Empire literally provides 1/4 of CONCORD’s funding and can veto anything CONCORD wants to do. You really need to not be so eager to play the victim.

3 Likes

That’s profiling, not evidence. Try again.

1 Like

Seeing as if you somehow managed to jump any Capital ship into High Sec you would be answering many questions as well as being gunned down, ya it would be shot much like any other capital.

Semantics aside, You do realize you can anchor fortizars in the majority of Matari High Sec correct? Highly doubt they’d be shot at, even if you named it “free plex for all on my killmail.” Patar, like Amarr(if I’m not mistaken), and Jita among others have the same restrictions but ya, its most definitely not some CONCORD anti-Amarr conspiracy.

4 Likes

Miz, this is single-handedly the best thread on the IGS right now. Congratulations.

I’m going to get some popcorn.

2 Likes

You can anchor Fortizars in Pator. It’s just the Tradehubs and academy systems that are exempt.

Enjoy the popcorn, Tyrel.

3 Likes

Ahh, thank you. My bad on that, thought it was considered a achedemic system for some reason.

1 Like

I was under the impression that it was anchored by that corporation, and then transferred.

But then again, the source for that was a hyperlink comm channel link, you know, the things that bring up ship stats and solar system information, that you can make appear in comms channels, the link being posted by Anyanka Funk, who isn’t exactly a 110% trustworthy source. Though, being able to change the name of the link is trivial, but the information it shows when the link is followed, I was not aware that it is possible to manipulate that. So when it came up showing the Otsito corporate badge, I thought that was legitimate. But maybe it wasn’t.

But anyway, the important factoid is who the owning corporation is now. Blammo.

1 Like

It was. As OTSI is not currently under a wardec, it allowed us to bypass the “fifteen minutes of terror” at the end of the anchoring sequence, ensuring it was fully fit and operational when -KYN- took over operations. It would be far too easy for rabid zealots to abort the project prematurely otherwise.

1 Like

Good luck i think is appropiate in this case :smiley: , oh and Ibrahim Tash-Murkon i noticed a loop hole. You never said they couldn’t shoot any ships docking or undocking, or even enterring the system, just thought i’d point that out in case you want to amend that…

2 Likes

If they are war target combat vessels, why wouldn’t sfrim be entitled to shoot them? There’s not attacking the structure so as to protect vulnerable lives and leave medical aid undisturbed, then there’s just rolling over and letting Mizhara have free reign over the entire system in her combat Tengu or Loki.

Not that SFRIM has found a good counter yet, mind you.

4 Likes

Anybody shooting a valid war target vessel may meet my boot in a semi-formal but comfortable setting as a reward for bravery.

3 Likes

This has not yet been a problem requiring any kind of solution or even thought so far. Be it SFRIM or PIE, this lone Matari has entirely unhindered access to all of Amarr Highsec, be it Fleet Typhoon, Loki or a Frigate.

1 Like