Project Nova Survey feedback

Well there could be a system where a nova player is doing PvE or PvP on a planet or something until a cappsuleer needs them if it’s not a lobby shooter and more like PlanetSide 2.

That takes care of one half of the equation. Maybe. It ignores the other half. The half where you’re expecting a full blown FPS match to be over in 30 seconds and still somehow not suck. Actually correction: you’re expecting the level to load in less than 30 second, no chance to fight at all, and somehow expecting it to not suck.

Yeah, I’m baffled what kind of people are even entertaining the idea. People who’ve never played a video game before? Children? The elderly? Especially when it’s so easy to come up with ideas that aren’t ridiculous. Case in point:

Nova fight over a data site structure unlocks it, a scenario that would otherwise use Entosis or hacking. Winning Nova team’s sponsor has 30 seconds after the win to claim the loot before it goes blue. Alternate Nova objectives might include sabotaging the loot (less loot would drop but it would pop instead of going blue) or enhancing the loot (increases the loot drop but goes blue immediately.)

There, an asynchronous way to tie together two simultaneous fights. And that was off the top of my head. Thinking up not-dumb ways to tie the games together isn’t hard. It’s far more likely CCP’s gonna program themselves into a corner again and it becomes technically impossible to tie the games together in any way that matters.

I’m talking about capital engagements and those take longer than 30 seconds.

Dust was the Best game. It was make money for ccp and they close it… But i wait for Nova, and Will play and pay.
Yes, matchmaking Will be poor, bluberies Will be stupid and gamę Will be crash Time to Time… But it Will can be the Best shooter. People build history of the game.
See you in Nova. For all, capsulers and infrary.

3 Likes

There we go. The ideas are rolling. I never claimed to be a great thinker. But I do make a decent catalyst for certain ideas. I love sparking spite in people.

So what is the goal anyhow, to make a shooter to compete with the greatest online shooters or make something unique or on their own merit, Is making a space Pubg good idea, well sure eve players would play it but what is the thing that brings players to a game its not the repetition of another game it have to be something unique. I think In the perfect world I think it should be like abit of pubg where you load in to the map on planet assah or whatever, you can go out and do pve, shoot mobs (energy credits and fun loot) and whatever and then try to cap some points where this trigger hostile players to join the world and see their towers or some defensive structure being capped, or maybe have only a few worlds where you can go for different pve encounters to do and then get gang banged by hostiles. I would think open world type of 1 map per world that is abit bigger then usual, I don’t believe that running for 20 minutes without a fight should be a bad thing either but maybe you could get an airlift or some other type of vehicles. Im not sure what the tech limitations are ofc. But I had the wired sense that dust was some f2p nightmare model credits to upgrade everything and whatever,

Im not even sure what is the goal for Nova is it to be a game you hop on and play for 20 minutes or is it something you feel you can as an eve player invest time in to make some grand thing work out in the game,

3 Likes

In the initial announcement it sounded like they were going with an out-of-the-box reskinned vanilla shooter with small spaceship maps. Some of the updates since make it sound like vanilla shooter with an obtuse and overly complex class system. I haven’t seen a good overview of the game otherwise. I’m not detecting a strong sense of vision; I don’t know that they really have a goal, this feels mostly like an ego project.

1 Like

Salty much?

Got stomped or redlined too much in Dust?

1 Like

Its like that game doesnt exist at all. :thinking:

1 Like

I think something like the Entosis could be the answer to this.

Pretty much, you want a ship to be static enough to be a platform for a game of 10-15 mins or more.

This coincide a lot with what the Entosis tries to do: Encourage a ship to commit to a Grid for X amount of time.

We could have objectives that could only be conquerable through an Entosis-like module that would force a ship to enter a Siege-like mode during which the ship would be static and hyper-tanked. During that time the ship would be the stage for boarding action and allow access to the objective by Dusties (are they still called like that in Nova??).

To put it simply, the ship would be held in place enough time to be a stage for a Nova players, EVE players would get to interact with the Nova battle by imposing a clock on the Nova players (finish this thing before we blow up this ship), and Nova players get to interact with the geopolitical scape of EVE.

Only thing is, what would the Entosis-player get to do? Maybe he could affect the battle inside his ship or in the objective through special effects/buffs/debuffs.

EDIT:
Now that I think about it, Planetary colonies could be the objective :thinking:

3 Likes

That is a good question. What will be the narrative? Mercenaries? Marines? What will be the goals of the maps and why everyone would want to win and what there will be to win? :thinking:

2 Likes

Pretty sure I read theyre mercs.

Got to thinking of this the other day. The ship boarding or entosis idea could be a game mode. Players queue in the lobby, teams populate, computer finds a ship about to do the entosis thing or a call is put out for merc assistance and boom, grid loads youre running around the ship pewing like youve been riding it all along.

3 Likes

I am hopeful as someone that joined the New Eden Community because of hoping Dust 514 would be similar but largely expanded upon, MAG (Massive Action Game) with matches ranging from the low 32 matches (stealth ops?) up to 256 (large scale invasion?) and playing eve for a year or two before Dust 514 went into closed beta.

With another shoot at making “One Universe // One War” officially work. I do believe they are just the same Mercenaries as the planetary merc in Dust just fighting on board ships. This being the main focus of this version, i’m not sure how i feel about it, seeing as the first demo in 2009 had a great complex of buildings to attack, while dust 514 had interesting designs for installations it had to much of a socket feeling and didn’t feel like a natural colony or outpost of some kind. And the fact that everyone suggested Dust 514 end up going into space to infiltrate ships for sabotage or similar operations. Maybe now with POS changes they can attack those to change up the mechanics of smaller corps getting shields down or destroying the POS? Just spit balling ideas.

The above comment about the siege’d EVE player changing combat inside his ship could be really hard but interesting to implement. Have them close down corridors for a certain time limit? Activating auto defenses?

As for buffs, some idea from MAG, the rapid deploy, making the defenders able to connect to clones faster if the ship has a merc clone bay to even defend and allow this buff. Allowing for another module for ships in eve maybe?

Just been in a mood to chat about Project Nova somewhere other than Discord. Thanks if you spent the time to read my rambling about ideas. I’ll definitely be around to chat Nova and wait patiently for Beta

3 Likes

Eve Sucks in Comparison to Dust514. Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing cuz I got into Eve because of that FPS. But I’ll be very honest, WHEN Nova Drops I’m quitting Eve.

1 Like

No idea if I make sense since I did not read past the first 6 lines but Project Nova sucks. I played that garbage back in Fanfest 2015, it was abysmal at best.
Boring, crap shooter. I’d rather play any BF game after BF Vietnam which is torture enough.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.