We have been working on a set of changes for the setup of the main combat system on Singularity and for the rules on Singularity and we would like to get some feedback from you.
Disclaimer: These changes will take some time to implement and all proposed rule changes will not take affect until we announce that they are really changing.
Overview - tl;dr:
- Remove the rule which prohibits combat at the station.
- Replace the station with CCP owed Upwell structures (Keepstar + Sotiyo), which provide tethering and other services.
- Move the combat system from 6-CZ49 to a sov system and claim sovereignty with CCP
Reasons and goals for these changes:
- Reduce the amount of rule violations significantly (by removing the station combat rule, as it is no longer needed with public tethering).
- Make it easier to test in the system and keep your ships safe, without having to fear of being ganked at the station
- Have a replacement for building super capitals using seeded markets in sov regions, which will disappear with the conversion of outposts to faction citadels.
Replace the seeded station with seeded Upwell structures
The plan would be to anchor both a Sotiyo (for industry) and a Keepstar (for supercapital docking) instead of using the station in 6-CZ49 as central location of the combat system. We will need to implement 100-ISK market seeding for Upwell structures (which should be possible for CCP owned structures) and seed then the structures in the combat system accordingly. The structures themselves will be fitted with various service modules (especially market, cloning, supercap construction), and be opened up to the public (but block taking control). We will also fit a special QA shield extender to make the structures invincible.
Move from 6-CZ49 to a Sov system
This will allow super cap construction directly in the test system. For this we will claim Sov and add appropriate upgrades to the I-Hub (not decided yet, if we will include upgrades for anomalies). Naturally we will need to update /moveme accordingly.
Open questions, concerns, possible other changes:
- Which system shall we choose as new combat system? We have already a few internal suggestions, especially from our bug hunters, but we would also like to hear suggestions from you. Important factors are probably: Close to low-sec, several gates, nearby NPC stations.
- There are concerns that these changes would increase the problem of supercapital proliferation on Singularity too much. Any opinion on this?
- We are also thinking of dropping the rule against fighting at the gates in the combat system - as gate jumps are no longer as important with /moveme. Any opinions?
- Regarding warp bubbles we are contemplating to implement a special beacon, which prevents the anchoring of warp bubbles, which we could use around the main structures and the gates. We are not 100% sure yet, how much work this will be, but it seems possible.
- /copyships is currently hardcoded to the station in 6-CZ49 and we are aware that it is being abused to some extent. Because of this we are thinking about retiring it completely. Would this be a big problem? How would this negatively affect your testing? Can you give us any good use cases, which would be good to support, if we decide to rework it?
- Shall we add again a 2nd combat system for sub-capital combat? The current 2nd combat system PVH8-0 is not really used a lot.
Do you have any other suggestions on what should be changed?