Proposal for Rebalancing of the Suicide Gank

We can call it the Aikonator.

2 Likes

Head off to features and ideas and make a post then.

Also, if you actually read what I wrote in this thread the very first time, you would know that I am against usage of -10 chars for ganking in highsec. That is simply exploiting the mechanics of security status.

So we are assuming that ´the ganker is keeping those alt at -10 in your table. But do the math, if the ganker would have to fix security status with tags everytime he goes under -4.5 for all the accounts and you will see some interesting values.

Take your own advice, dummy.

Heh, cowardly gankers are too cowardly to use Vindicators to gank because they’re cowards, heh… :smirk:

Here is the thing, tethering makes them able to sit there in Talos’s ready to go and have no issue from their security status. Currently the security status has no impact and there is no reason to do that.

I refer to Talos’s and Destiny changes to Vindicators, Destiny being Destiny again…

Don’t they have to stay tethered? Sounds like an impact, no?

DRACVLAD BEING DRACVLAD

OMFG dude! You got dumber since the last time I talked to you in 2018.

Of course I know it, thats why I call it an issue and that is why I suggested this to be addressed.

I am telling you - do the math of the cost in tags if the rules changed and players were forced to fix their security status. If you do the math you will see that I am actually suggesting a huge nerf to the ganking. (Compensated elsewhere of course.)

Why not just require gankers to pay 3x the value of anything they destroyed as reparations, and put them in space jail for 3-5 years per gank.

If you call someone an idiot and dumb all the time, when you make statements like this:

Go off on miner ganking, when I said freighter ganking only in terms of cost then I have to wonder?

You have not suggested anything to change that in the mechanics? Unless you are agreeing with me about tethering needing a change so security status has an impact? What are you suggesting here to get the effect that you are suggesting?

If you are going to get mad call people an idiot or say they are dumber for asking you to explain what you mean then you are not worth talking too, so if you want to continue abide by the forum rules mate!

:roll_eyes:

Sorry man, but you are totally stupid. Please re-read all my posts. You are completely wrong in everything you say here. I was explaining BOTH freighter ganking AND I added another example of how costly is miner ganking just to make it show that ganking is often totally ISK negative activity.

You used to be a bit brighter in past, but it seems that you are really just a risk-averse carebear who hates ganking, can’t stand ganking and is trying as hard he can to make the ganking harder without any logic. You are completely ignoring other ppls posts or you are extracting parts of their post out of context to counterargument. Sorry, but even if I get a ban from ISD I stand by what I said about you. Your further posts only makes my statement more valid.

Even your supposed goal to make AG actually be able to engage, make a difference or just interact with gankers is bs which none of your suggestions ever adressed/supported. Waste of time to discuss with you. I remémber how Aiko thought I am your alt because I was suggesting this -10 security and concord pulling changes back in 2018. I guess this prooves I am not :wink: .

DRACVLAD BEING NASTY DRACVLAD AGAIN

You are hyperventilating mate.

Miner ganking has nothing to do with freighter ganking apart from the fact that the proceeds from freighter ganking were funding miner ganking.

I wasted my time talking to you, calling people an idiot and dumber when you have not said anything useful is amusing.

I asked him to abide by the forum rules, he decided to ignore my request so I made it clear what I thought of that then and then deleted it in respect to the forum rules. Maybe you can learn something from this? Somehow I very much doubt it as you really know what nasty is, isn’t that right my little Wolf Soprano?

This change affected every player who used the mechanic; it was, in that sense, even-handed.

Again, this applies not only to gankers, but also to potential targets. The gankers may tether (wait) until a suitable target appears; ag may wait for the gankers to break tether, and then strike. It isn’t riveting gameplay, but it is there. A ganker cannot tether if he has a Criminal Timer.

Suspect flag.

Yes.

You could have substituted for ‘AG’ the word ‘ganking’, and the statement would still hold water, Dracvlad. I suppose that’s a sort of balance.

Aiko and Githany seem to me to be at the peak of their respective disciplines, at least in Highsec. Githany acknowledges the barriers, but fights with what she has; Aiko accepts the challenges faced by her choice of activity, and turns her laser-like focus to the job-in-hand. Perhaps that is a better way than the fruitless back-and-forth these debates have become?

1 Like

That is why calls for ‘rebalancing’ are really just veiled calls to completely nerf ganking

I’m not asking to nerf ganking. Would you like to hear what your fellow Eve players have to say, or would you like to play shadow puppets in the corner? I understand that emotions run high when we’re talking about this topic in particular, but you make an ass out of yourself when you put words into someone else’s mouth.

No it was not, it affected badly AG who had reppers able to rep their offensive DPS wing before this was applied, it affected defenders in war deccers so their allies and others could not rep them against the organised and logi heavy war deccer fleets. It is one of the worst acts of misbalance I have yet seen by CCP.

It negates the value of kill rights and security status. Before there was a time lag to undock and warp to instra undock, all added up, now we have target warp with no chance to intercept.

On a noob ship or a frigate, wonderful consequences…

That needs to change for those with very low security status.

Ganking is impacted by several things, the first is the price of plex and the cost of maintaining those multiple accounts, to be blunt I am happy to see this being an impact, it has been needed. The second is pure boredom, losing an enemy because of the impact of heavy nerf’s on AG made it a simple PvE like farming exercise and on a reducing number of prey. Reason ganking is on the decline…

Aiko or whoever runs her at any particular time, as there are several players who have run that account. Runs a limited number of accounts about eight, and links in with others at times, like Kusion when Aiko told me she never tethered, except when she did… Aiko has a lasar like focus to be nasty and bitter from what I have seen, though she does not seem to have a lasar like focus when chatting to people, it was noticed several times that one of the players running Aiko would chat to one AG player and then the other would cut them dead. The question is, who is the real Aiko?

Githany has a lack of numbers, also the content is subject to gankers being active, which is on the decline because of what I just stated. Because AG needs multiple players as most have one or two accounts it is very difficult to turn it on unlike the gankers who just fire up their massed accounts.

I have a lot of respect for Githany and those with her, what she is doing is truly hard.

Anyway I have said my piece in this thread, and with that I will leave you to it.

Grrrrr Gankers!

2 Likes

I don’t have any particular axe to grind on this issue…and I think that is precisely what makes for objectivity. My objection was to your suggestion that Eve be micromanaged even to the extent of adjusting Void ammo strength several times a year. That level of micromanagement utterly destroys any sense that Eve is a sandbox determined by players. If every interaction has been precisely weighed and ‘balanced’ beforehand then players are just an epiphenomenon and one gets into Sam Harris level discussion on whether compatibilism is the same as free will.