Proposal for Rebalancing of the Suicide Gank

I correctly pointed out that your were ‘fixing’ a non-existent problem.

I’m not a game designer, and I’m not fixing anything. You literally don’t understand what I am writing. I would like to discuss the game on the forums for said game, but you make it very difficult when you assume what I am trying to say as if there are only two possible opinions which can be expressed in a ganking thread. I’m sorry that you struggle so hard to understand the words on your screen because you assume that I have an agenda. Tell me more what I “really” think. I clearly don’t understand my thoughts as well as you do.

The avoidance of ganking is primarily in the hands of players themselves

I agree.

has absolutely nothing to do with ‘balance’ or tweaking this or that ammo

EHP of the ganked target vs. the DPS of the gankers is relevant. I thought that we could use this thread to discuss how that has changed over the years with such changes as the Surgical Strike resist nerfs, close range ammo buffs, and the barge EHP changes. Apparently you would like to shut down this conversation for some reason. Given that we clearly can’t have a productive discussion, I will stop responding to you now. Have a good day.

As many are out of touch , especially if they don’t have anything to do with that part of the game . A 10year old null player can not understand ganking or ways to avoid being ganked or indeed fighting said gankers, and this is backed up by endless freighter losses .

I was a carrier pilot long ago , so long ago I’ve forgot how and as the game changes I may as well forget and learn again if I wanted to take part in that again .

The big I am in one area means diddly-squat in other areas , as gankers prove time and time again.

Sorry forgot my point hope not to off topic :smiley:

2 Likes

Finally, the truth.

Bitter vet nullblobber carrier vet Githany griefing newbros in Highsec.

3 Likes

Almost right , low sec corp with cap fleet , and we used to help out people in null when needed.

Why don’t you go back to nullsec, and stop griefing in Highsec?

You mean low

I would like to fly my carrier again one day and even try a fax (after my time) maybe one day , or I could sign up to fight the renter alliances like some other groups are

Calm down nullsec griefer.

1 Like

How’s Australian Jesus been running things why you have been away, Hope you had a nice time what ever you did or are just ok .

Githany do you ever feel shame, or you are just happily ignorant?

1 Like

And have you actually looked at killboard and seen how badly fitted many barges are ? You keep ignoring the point I’ve made…that before one even thinks about tweaking ammo, resists, etc, the real issue is being missed. People fit their ships badly for EHP, they mine in known ganking systems, they either have no intel or ignore that which they do have, they fail to add gankers to bad standing, fail to watch d-scan, fail to mine a decent distance from the asteroid landing point, fail to use scouts…and then they want Eve tweaked to make up for their laziness.

That is why I say that calls for EHP strengthening, DPS tweaking, etc, are really just veiled calls to nerf ganking out of existence. Because everyone knows that even if such tweaks were made ( as they have been in the past ) there’d be calls for more within days.

3 Likes

Not sure what you mean , and what ever that ment I was mostly talking about in game events , other than the last part I was wishing the person who runs Aiko well if she has other things on .

Shouldn’t you be out in space leading the minions to war and plunder?

Asking for a friend…

Trying to come up with a set of mechanics that would force gankers to fight their way out and not just be popped by CONCORD or Edencom. You could have high percentage loot drops; timers that deny gates, structures and suicide. The biggest snag I run into is having a patsy suicide the gankers.

Maybe have CONCORD impound the ships and loot in a DED site for a 20 minute timer. Then Concord passes out special mining crystals on similar timers that make mining equipment offensive weapons.

Or…

Gankers must have a permit to gank. I get the BPO but I would sell some BPC’s from time to time.

Seriously,

The swiftness of CONCORD allows gankers to leave with what they came for. The key to changing this gameplay is making “criminal” status mean something. But still, a patsy could suicide the gankers and it would be all for naught.

I’m 2 minutes into the first video, and I already hate this guy. If he doesn’t want to play -fine. Leave. But don’t sabotage the game by spreading misinformation, conspiracy theories, and bitter vet sentiment to new and potential players on your way out the door.

Anyway, I hope you make videos, because we could definitely use more people fighting against his kind of mentality.

Okay, look here’s a brief intro into making videos.

• Premiere pro is highly intuitive, there are a ton of tutorial videos out there, and has a low barrier to entry. They downside is that you pay monthly. So, it’s a great value if you’re consistently making videos, but terrible if you’re a sporadic creator. You can also find lists of free alternatives, but I can’t speak for easy they are to learn.
  • Anyway, if you do go premiere pro, it’s so easy to pick up. That you can figure out how to do most basic tasks just by playing around with it for a little bit. And you can find tutorial videos for everything else. Honestly, the biggest challenge is trying to figure out your settings for recording and encoding (you want to balance video quality, hard drive space, encoding speed, and what you’re computer can handle when recording). Of course, that will be more of a problem if you’re running on a low end machine. If you have at least mid range hardware that’s under 5 years old, you can just look up videos for “best OBS / Premiere Pro settings for youtube”, and copy their settings.
  • Speaking of which, I recommend using OBS for recording. It’s free, easy to learn, easy to setup thanks to tutorial videos, has no watermark or restrictions, and has a relatively low overhead.
  • You can record narration/comms with OBS as you’re playing, or you can use audacity to record narration later. Audacity is also free, and relatively easy to use.
  • Whatever you do, however, I recommend looking up videos for how to get the best sound quality with whatever microphone you have. You can make a homemade pop filter if needed, and can dramatically improve your audio quality without spending any money (although spending a little on a mid range mic can make a huge difference).
  • I highly recommend you provide commentary for your videos. Many players will appreciate you explaining what’s going on, and it will allow you opportunity to promote your values and debunk misinformation. But, you do you. It’s your channel.

Alright, that’s enough for now. I need to run. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions though.

3 Likes

So, I was thinking -a dangerous thing, I know- buuuut,

Quite a few people have been squawking that new players are any players under the age of 6 months.

So, when I started this game, at 3 weeks of age I started suicide ganking. Does that mean any anti-ganking attempt against me during those times would have been considered rookie griefing?

9 Likes

No. According to the Handbook of Anti-Ganking Terminology and Ethics (H.A.T.E.):

'Upon execution of a suicide gank, the New Player shall forfeit all rights to protection from interference by other players.

He or she shall be regarded as having consigned his/her ethics to the septic tank where they are held, by Superior Beings, properly to belong.’

4 Likes

Deflections on the subject noted as in operation, conclusion OP hit the nail on the head, extreme forum warfare antics being applied to divert attention from the issue…

Reload needed, apply deflection counter-measures…

Counter-measures deployed…

1 Like

Were you channeling Disney’s LeFou and Gaston from Beauty and the Beast, or did I just think so because I’m a little girl? Not quite the same words, but pretty close!

So which one of the OP’s 4 suggestions solves this problem?

The one that completely removes suicide-ganking from the game.

See, this is what all the giga-brain turbo-PvP professional fleet warrior Chads like Dracvlad and all the other people whining on the forums for a decade for non-consensual PvP to be removed from the game don’t get: there’s a breaking point. They always go to their favorite response to criticism of their ever-recurring rubbish ideas: “heh, maybe the gwankers should learn to adapt like they tell all their victims to, heh… :smirk:…”

But adaptation is a spectrum. It can range from “this barely affects me, I just need to make a small change” to “this is a significant detriment, but I am willing to put in the necessary effort to make it work” to “this is no longer worth doing whatsoever, so I’m going to opt out of the system entirely.”

Being EVE’s version of the “Gotcha Andy,” they push their ideas to the limit to get that very last response that’s all the way at the rightmost edge of the spectrum. Then they can say “heh, gwanker couldn’t adapt :smirk: heh… :smirk:” like they finally caught the gankers in an act of hypocrisy and completely discredited and defeated them.

Well, yes, they did defeat them. And now we have a game without ganking as a result. And now Tritanium is nearly worthless as an effect of the game effectively having the same aggression rules as EVE Echoes. You want to know how EVE Echoes gets around this problem, though? By having an average player turnover rate that’s something like two or three months, because the game is boring as ■■■■ and no one wants to play it for longer than that because no one’s achievements mean anything or are validated by anyone else.

Though maybe for them it’s a price that’s worth paying.

8 Likes