Proposal for Rebalancing of the Suicide Gank

You mean the slide had a left and a right hand side to list the characteristics of both ganking and rookie griefing ? Yeah, looks convenient and tidy. LMAO.
That doesn’t make it half of “ganking”.
Moreover, there was also a slide with only one list showing. I wouldn’t put it beside you to now claim it was ALL of ganking. You’d do and twist anything to make your nonsense more acceptable - but only acceptable to yourself. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

But ganking isn’t griefing bruv.

That’s the part you keep missing :smiley:

Also, newbs got systems to be protected in already.

And lets not forget now with alphas, it is insanely hard to actually parse who is officially a nub or not.

He’s a confessed griefer you know, he knows what he’s talking about. He may flag it, as he did, but he still confessed.

1 Like

think about what you wrote. It’s there, lol. I’m so sorry if you don’t see the irony, but we’ll help you spot it. Just like we often help rookies in becoming better pilots (which may involve some live fire).

Always want the final word ? That’s quite ambitious on a public forum :rofl:

what ?!

Oh, that old story with the duel ? Nah, that was a clone positioned conveniently close.
eyeroll

And to stay on topic: perhaps suicide ganking and hisec ganking in general could be made more interesting. Why does it always have to be catalysts ? Why not add a second option or a third, ccplease ?

I haven’t the quote to hand Lucas, but I don’t recall CCP’s dividing the incidence of griefing within the ganking community as a 50/50 split. Numbers are important. Perhaps you’ll let me know.

The Company’s recent commitment to tackling griefing seems to have arisen not just as a response to perceived misbehaviour within a minority playstyle community, but more generally within the game, and to some extent, outside of it.

You can see the problem; if griefing is bad and wrong, it is bad and wrong wherever it occurs in EVE, and must be eliminated or punished game-wide. Griefing is griefing; it doesn’t change its nature according to the activity in which the player is engaged.

The problem CCP will have is arriving at a definition of ‘griefing’ which both suits the Company’s intentions and seems reasonable to the player-base.

This is another thorny one. Your view, I know, is that ganking should be limited to ‘profitable’ targets (not ‘profitable new player targets’, presumably’).

Of course, this would rule out ‘empty’ vessels, some Ventures, and most barges and exhumers, unless they’re fitted with expensive modules which might drop, or valuable cargo, or mined materials.

Which would mean that only comprehensively scanned ships could be ganked, thereby introducing to the activity a compulsory element in addition to other considerations.

Perhaps they should make ship scanning less fiddly (than I find it).

All that’s really necessary is CCP’s support for the notion of Permits. If pilots pay a fee to the ganker (or any pirate, scallywag), they’ll be permitted to mine, haul, whatever, with some limitations.

O wait…

I think he’s already clarified it above. He just meant, divided into 2 lists, not numerically in half in terms of occurrence. One half of the slide they outlined griefing and the other half outlined ganking.

The presentation, like all at Fanfest wasn’t a definitive definition of what is griefing and what is ganking. It was an explanation that CCP currently see two distinct patterns - ganking, which is fine; and griefing - which they have a problem with, with no numbers presented either way in terms of how significant either is.

The two examples were just that - examples.

So between “new player in a new player ship with no cargo” and “veteran in a bling ship” there are a whole lot of other cases that they didn’t address at all; and we’ll eventually see, if CCP ever make a change, what falls out of that.

4 Likes

Yet more of your utter dishonesty. No, they did not ‘split ganking in half’.

Yes, he did, and the clarification is welcome.

I left the comment in because I too am quite particular about what people say and what they might mean.

I get in a muddle sometimes, so I guess we can all improve.

1 Like

I like when he spam reports me :smiley:

Nothing else tells me how desperate he is ROFL.

Can you imagine?

Someone being that bothered by words on the internet LOL.

1 Like

When one cannot debate, cancel!

We are back to “every post is flagged except Lucas’ posts” and “straight up insults” of “basement-dwelling incel” lore.

Quoting since someone is a serial deleter-of-posts.

3 Likes

Maybe not now, but I can understand why people have an impression that you serially delete posts. There’s a pretty extensive history of deleting previous posts:

3 Likes

This whole thread, and especially the interaction with a particular individual (and their army of alts) is nothing but a huge example of the sunk cause fallacy.

We keep pouring into it, and what’s the end result?

Hundreds of flagged posts, temper tantrums, and really; just plain insanity.

Why?
Entertainment? Is it worth it? What’s the end goal?

Consider the target audience. Who is it we are really trying to reach?

2 Likes

Huh. Someone is emotional :smiley:

And weird. I thought you didn’t sling personal insults. Hm. Another untruth :smiley:

LOL the gas lighting. We don’t dry snitch like you Lucas :smiley:

Bro. You know when you delete stuff, it says deleted by author right?

:smiley:

Ahh, and I see Scipio already exposed you. And you tried to cute about it. ROFL.

My guy, you realize everyone knows about the incel insults right? That’s why their bringing it up :smiley: Can’t girlboss gaslight your way out of this one I’m afraid.

You do seem a bit emotional tho bruv. Dost thou need a hug?

True but he also makes me just giggle :smiley:

1 Like

Why don’t we all take a step back before you say something you’re going to regret. Just a thought. Throwing that out there.

4 Likes

Hm. Interesting semantics :smiley:

Oof. More abelism.

It really is your go to insult hm?

In reality tho, ganking is fine. You’ve already admitted it isn’t a problem and has lots of counterplay.

What EVE needs is more content. Both player driven and CCP driven.

1 Like

@Gix_Firebrand It can’t be worth it to keep talking to this guy is it? He’s gotten so much worse in the last week or so, and I’m just seeing it through the filter of your guys responses. You are out there starting straight at it like looking directly at the sun of stupidity, I honestly don’t know how you hang in there.

1 Like

Erm. My guy. You literally just slung insults above and now you’re having a go at an ISD?

Seems pretty emotional :smiley:

Huh. But you said you don’t sling personal insults.

I am the confused :smiley:

You keep saying this, but in reality who is leaving? What makes their opinions “rational”?

Hm. Its OP, but somehow not a problem for you.

So are you also OP as well? :smiley:

Challenge? It was no challenge popping ventures for lulz :smiley:

However, there is a big diff between ganking for lulz and profit. I’d do it occasionally for lulz but I cannot do it for profit as I only one account. This is common sense :smiley:

Dang, someone is def emotional. You alright bruv?

Ah well. I got a lot of patience. :smiley:

Erm. Bro. If you scroll up, you’ll see most of the insults being thrown by you :smiley:

There is also a marked difference between our “insults”. Mine? Perhaps a little snarky. Yours? Very much filled with hate and vitriol, also decidedly of an abelist bent.

Mayhap that is why you received your suspension :smiley:

Um. How are they biased when you just admitted that you’re gonna break the rules on purpose to get them to suspend you?

Bro, you’re spiraling bruv :smiley:

I mean you can’t blame me bruv. You are saying contradictory statements :smiley: