Proposal for Rebalancing of the Suicide Gank

If you think my post’s aren’t being flagged I can only conclude that you don’t have eyes.

I’ve simply concluded that based on the sheer volume of insults lobbed about by the ganking crowd that insults must now be allowed on the forum, so I’m just joining in the fun.

You get this is a lie, right? I deleted a couple that got flagged and a bunch got deleted by mods (or possibly automod I dunno how it works) and Gix decided to start claiming that I’m running around deleting everything.

Maybe not now, but I can understand why people have an impression that you serially delete posts. There’s a pretty extensive history of deleting previous posts:

3 Likes

This whole thread, and especially the interaction with a particular individual (and their army of alts) is nothing but a huge example of the sunk cause fallacy.

We keep pouring into it, and what’s the end result?

Hundreds of flagged posts, temper tantrums, and really; just plain insanity.

Why?
Entertainment? Is it worth it? What’s the end goal?

Consider the target audience. Who is it we are really trying to reach?

2 Likes

Huh. Someone is emotional :smiley:

And weird. I thought you didn’t sling personal insults. Hm. Another untruth :smiley:

LOL the gas lighting. We don’t dry snitch like you Lucas :smiley:

Bro. You know when you delete stuff, it says deleted by author right?

:smiley:

Ahh, and I see Scipio already exposed you. And you tried to cute about it. ROFL.

My guy, you realize everyone knows about the incel insults right? That’s why their bringing it up :smiley: Can’t girlboss gaslight your way out of this one I’m afraid.

You do seem a bit emotional tho bruv. Dost thou need a hug?

True but he also makes me just giggle :smiley:

1 Like

No insults there, just facts kiddo.

Why don’t we all take a step back before you say something you’re going to regret. Just a thought. Throwing that out there.

4 Likes

Hm. Interesting semantics :smiley:

Oof. More abelism.

It really is your go to insult hm?

In reality tho, ganking is fine. You’ve already admitted it isn’t a problem and has lots of counterplay.

What EVE needs is more content. Both player driven and CCP driven.

1 Like

@Gix_Firebrand It can’t be worth it to keep talking to this guy is it? He’s gotten so much worse in the last week or so, and I’m just seeing it through the filter of your guys responses. You are out there starting straight at it like looking directly at the sun of stupidity, I honestly don’t know how you hang in there.

1 Like

Erm. My guy. You literally just slung insults above and now you’re having a go at an ISD?

Seems pretty emotional :smiley:

Huh. But you said you don’t sling personal insults.

I am the confused :smiley:

You keep saying this, but in reality who is leaving? What makes their opinions “rational”?

Hm. Its OP, but somehow not a problem for you.

So are you also OP as well? :smiley:

Challenge? It was no challenge popping ventures for lulz :smiley:

However, there is a big diff between ganking for lulz and profit. I’d do it occasionally for lulz but I cannot do it for profit as I only one account. This is common sense :smiley:

Dang, someone is def emotional. You alright bruv?

Ah well. I got a lot of patience. :smiley:

Erm. Bro. If you scroll up, you’ll see most of the insults being thrown by you :smiley:

There is also a marked difference between our “insults”. Mine? Perhaps a little snarky. Yours? Very much filled with hate and vitriol, also decidedly of an abelist bent.

Mayhap that is why you received your suspension :smiley:

Um. How are they biased when you just admitted that you’re gonna break the rules on purpose to get them to suspend you?

Bro, you’re spiraling bruv :smiley:

I mean you can’t blame me bruv. You are saying contradictory statements :smiley:

Since ganking is allowed by CCP, I see Lucas as a griefer, because he is trying to disrupt legitimate gameplay and attack us for playing the game as intended.

2 Likes

I mean he has already literally griefed someone in game and admitted it.

1 Like

We probably should not be making any capsuleers the primary subject of our posts. The ISD’s jobs will be much easier if we don’t.

1 Like

So, returning to the topic of the OP, my criticism of the approach is mainly 3-fold:

1. Arguments about specific economics are fundamentally flawed. Any arguments based on “cost/benefit” are ultimately at the whims of the market. The numbers ran today are not the numbers tomorrow, due to complex factors around supply and demand. The specific goods that gankers have to buy to execute their goals will change if there’s futzing-around with the material makeup (and therefore cost) of those specific goods. Likewise, people’s tolerance for hauling using the “ISK/EHP rule” metric will adjust accordingly up to re-risk being ganked again anyway. Looking at it as an economic problem does not make effective and market-condition-resistant long-term sense.
  2. Arguing around specific CONCORD mechanics (time & pulling) do not make sense. Tweaking these values will not fundamentally change the game. Either more or less catalysts/thrashers/tornadoes (or whatever tactic of choice) will be needed, and these arguments wind up being one degree away from simply being an economic argument. And see previous paragraph why those are not strong arguments.
  3. Arguments stemming from morality and “freedom” do not make sense. I cannot simply just go and drop a Keepstar in any nullsec region despite wishing for that kind of “freedom”. Morality does not make sense because it is a video game – and people have fun conducting immoral violent acts in all sorts of video games – think of the Goomba & Koopa genocides subject to Mario of the past 20+ years.

Really, it should be about arguments around engaging gameplay. The OP lightly touches on some aspects of those, but is saddled with what I find are the above weak arguments.

4 Likes

The same is true for mining.

As ganking increases, the supply of ore will decline, and the price will increase. With more ganking, alert active miners will earn more, if they survive. Consequently, ganking is actually good for miners, as it removes AFK bot competition.

5 Likes

Very true. If miners were smart, they’d hire you to take out the competition.

They do.

That’s exactly what mining permits are.

Pay me to gank someone else.

1 Like

No? It’s alright bruv. I know the truth hurts :smiley:

It is, actually bruv. Scroll up :smiley:

I mean, we also don’t go around slinging abelist slurs at peeps :smiley:

Also most of those posters aren’t even gankers :smiley:

This makes zero sense LOL.

You got any proof or

Lucas keeps making contradictory arguments.

Ganking can’t be both over-powered and insignificant.

If ganking doesn’t affect the market, then it isn’t overpowered.

It can’t be too easy to gank, and yet easy to avoid ganks.

2 Likes

Heh. Someone seems a little emotional today.

It ain’t Chewsday tho, innit?

Imagine being this pressed over a vidya game. Also sorry Grampy Kells, I bought a val skin today.

Is that P2W or

Very true. I like how he says its OP but somehow not a problem for people LOL.