Props CCP!

But they too have movement vectors, signature, speed, agility, weapons range, tracking and damage, 3 bars of hitpoints, all of which depend on skill-, module- and ship boni, and while they do not require as much player input, they too switch targets get withdrawn and spwen back out and more often than not a player will issue commands to them as well. Like I said, I don’t think those few additional values on fighters break the server performance.

The object classes themselves (we’re talking about load, so looking at the objects as a whole is important) are going to be more complex. Honestly, I don’t know what kinds of “features” the used version of python supports, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were using polymorphic classes or extended classes based on player ship objects.

Drones are absolutely goign to increase load, and I shudder to think what would happen if two significant fleets of vexors/dommies/et al decided to go at it.

Regarding all of those stats, yes those are all the same. But fighter damage calculations are the same as ship damage calculations (the number of fighters in the squad determines damage output, exactly like the number of guns used in a volley). Fighters have 3 modules with cycle times, where drones have “one” (their guns).

They have more to track than drones… it’s not a lot more, but as the saying goes, no single snowflake believes it is responsible for the avalanche. Processing bottlenecks are compounding problems, and once you reach the point of no return, getting back out again requires a very aggressive solution.

I think that’s where the real problem is: It’s not just Vexors and Dominixes. Almost everything can launch 5 Drones now, and when you have 25MBit/s, then you will launch 5 lights instead of one heavy drone. Perhaps it would help if one heavy drone actually was better in most cases than 5 lights. That would require massive tweaking of drone stats, as well as drone bandwidth and drone hangar capacity, but that’s something I could see.

Oh no, I just used them as examples (et al). I know that a drone is a drone, I just chose a couple common drone boats that also commonly fit guns.

I liked the approach on the Guristas ships. I know it’s kind of their Shtick now, but I’d like to see more hulls handling it this way.

Definitely agree, consolidation helps.

Fuick this shuit. 10% without any action, disconnect as soon as fighters are launched, no reconnect for over 10 minutes now. If this is what EVE is supposed to be like, CCP can go screw themselves with their rotten shark meat.

“In our opinion, the most important thing is quality, not content quantity.” – Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of CCP

What a liar.

Can I have your stuff when you quit? I assume you’ve got more value in way of assets than you do intelligent things to say?

2 Likes

Shame, CCP, shame!

You can kindly go eat rotten shark meat. :slight_smile:

WTF is this piece of shoit server calculating fuakcing killrights and bounties in this kind of scenario? No one needs this information in this fight. The server should turn useless crap like this off when such a big fight is happening.

Credit where credit is due. That is an intelligent question to ask.

Still waiting on my fax to finish jumping in haha. Other caps are waiting for orders to wait to jump in. I’ve got my snacks, I’m ready for the long haul. Plus side to max TiDi is you don’t need a battle bottle, you can just go use the can and unless you made a real big boomboom, you’ll be back before the server has caught up!

Whelp, armor timer went fairly smooth.

This timer… not so much. We just disengaged halfway through the timer to avoid taking further pointless losses.

Not bitching, ■■■■ happens. But I am disappointed.

DC happens, ■■■■ happens.

Blobs: Red vs Blue against X47L-Q Hull timer

blobs-red-and-blue

• image from Twitch

“EVE needs more stability for modern requirements.”

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.