Prospect needs some tweaks

Prospect has no drone bay and two turret slots. For anything other than ice it’s faster.

Endurance DOES NOT get expedition frigate bonus to ore mining. It does get shield bonuses and ice harvesting bonuses the Prospect doesn’t.

Why then spend the 25 million on the Prospect when a Venture does the exact same job with gas, with inbuilt warp stablizers and no cloak+launcher required for the highs?

I’d rather have a cheaper venture that can scan and get out aside from warp bubbles, than either harvesting slower with a harvester + cloak + launcher fit or carrying around a mobile depot.

If that were the case I’d consider the Endurance, because even though it has no bonuses, i can still fit harvester + prototype cloak + launcher, have 4 mids for scanning mods, and get 5000 more ore hold room.

thats why i feel the prospect looks more of a gas sidegrade to the venture, to the endurance which seems an ice upgrade to the venture.

That is exactly what the OP wants tweaked to be having more of. Prospect still is the best ore frigate. Endurance the only consideration for an ice one. It’s a weird balance where the first frigate is the best gas harvester. The real oddity isn’t the Prospect or the Endurance but the lack of a third ship to fill exactly gas harvesting for the expedition frigate range. Guess it wasn’t worth the time to reskin and create compared to the other two.

So why not make that the Dragon? A frigate which specializes in collecting gas and scanning.

Link for ship name suggestion…

How is the Prospect the best ore frigate? Even with only one laser, shouldn’t the Endurance outdo the Prospect with it’s 300% ore yield bonus, and has drones and a 33% larger ore hold to boot?

Prospect
Mining Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
5% bonus to Mining yield
5% reduction in Gas Cloud Harvesting duration

Expedition Frigates bonuses (per skill level):
5% bonus to Mining yield
5% reduction in ship signature radius

Role Bonus:
100% bonus to Mining and Gas Cloud Harvesting yield
100% reduction in Cloaking Devices CPU requirement
• Can fit Covert Ops Cloaking Device and Covert Cynosural Field Generator
• Cloak reactivation delay reduced to 5 seconds

Endurance
Mining Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
5% reduction in Ice Harvesting duration
5% bonus to Ore Mining yield

Expedition Frigates bonuses (per skill level):
5% reduction in Ice Harvesting duration
4% bonus to all shield resistances

Role Bonus:
300% bonus to Ore Mining yield
50% reduction in Ice Harvesting duration
50% reduction in Cloaking Devices CPU requirement
• Cloak reactivation delay and targeting delay reduced to 5 seconds
• No penalty to ship max velocity when using Cloaking Devices

Level 1 expedition frigate math:

Prospect with 2 turrets each produce 230% or 460%.
Endurance with 1 turret at 300% bonus or 425% total.

The gap grows as you increase to level 5.

Really how did you come to that? I was thinking

100% yield +
25% yield at lvl 5 Mining Frigate
25% yield at lvl 5 Expedition Frigate

150% x 2
= 300% Bonus yield

Endurance
300% Bonus Yield +
25% Bonus Yield at lvl 5 Mining Frigate

= 325% Bonus Yield

You’re forgetting default.
100% base + 100% role + 25% mining frigate + 25% expedition frigate with two turrets
100% base + 300% role + 25% mining frigate with one turret.

Ah I see, still… I feel like i’m just choosing between ore yield vs ore hold size + drones then

There’s still the fact that one warps while cloaked while the other can just cloak.

1 Like

Yes but the Endurace can move at 500m/s with good agility while cloaked. And don’t forget you can use 3x t2 mining drones.

1 Like

Alright…I’ll propose another use for the Prospect - small cargo freighter. Sure, interceptors are great, but can they warp cloaked? CovOps exist too, but their cargo holds suck. But the Prospect, properly fitted, is a fast, elusive small cargo ship. She can also carry a metric crapload of compressed ore in almost 100% safety.

Fit up cargo and hyper rigs, I-stabs, and you can even add a nice anti-smartbomb tank or probe launcher.

/msd

1 Like

Not sure if anyone miss that detail, but the endurance has actually the best ore yield WITH the mining drones. the cloak is way cheaper on the endurance for a minor drawback only too.

2 Likes

I think people lose a critical piece of information in the shuffle. The Endurance CANNOT warp cloaked, but, since it has zero cloak velocity penalty, it can align, drop cloak, and warp instantly. Its like the cloak+MWD trick…without the MWD. Its still pretty damn hard to catch a properly flown Endurance.

I have two Endurance, one for ore and one for ice. I’ve never seen another player using an Endurance, but I always get comments when I show up in moon fragments or ice belts. The Endurance is amazing. Its almost as good on yield as the Procurer, but it more than makes up for it with agility, speed, and cloaking.

/msd

1 Like

But depending on where you’re doing your mining/huffing, that warping while cloaking can be a lifesaver.

I’ve been living in a WH for awhile now and been mining ore, ice, and gas… procs for the ore (in system) usually, prospects for the gas (in or out of system), and endurances for the ice (from shattered wormholes, so always out of system). every now and then we’ll mine some ore out of system and I’ve been refitting my endurances from ice mode to ore mode for it. they fill up pretty fast, mine faster than I expected with that 300% bonus to the mining laser and then 25% more bonus to it and also 3 t2 mining bots…

Our newer bros are using ventures for their gas huffing needs and ore mining needs. don’t believe the venture can mine ice, tho.

Nope, the Venture cannot mine ice. I love the Endurance.

Drones do not increase the yield enough compared to the flat boosts of the Prospect, and they drop even further behind with basic boosts. I’d show my math homework but it’s not interesting.

Ice mining requires a non-alpha skill trained and an expedition frigate or a mining barge. You can not equip an ice miner to anything but those two types of ships.

Nope, just checked again on Pyfa with ALL V skills characters, with same numers of mining laser upgrade the endurance will always be better in yield.

Augmented mining drones only? Because every scrap of math says those will make you a gank target primary to me.

No only tech 2 modules and drones, without any implants involved :

Prospect and Endurance with 2 MLU II

Mining crystals are tech 2 for all of the lasers.

Prospect and Endurance with 3 MLU II

So you dropped 1 booster low slot and got higher output with an Endurance…

Now fit that 3rd upgrade in the Prospect since it’s very easy to do and recompare.