Proteus Drone Boat for lvl 3 - 4 missions

Hi all,

looking for some ideas for Proteus fit. Most of my skills are into drones and medium turrets ( rails).
Quit this game for 6 - 7 years and now i’m back with old Proteus in my hangar and i want to use it for missions, mostly lvl 3, some lvl 4.
Anybody have some good build for Hi sec?

My Proteus now looks like this:

True Sansha Medium Armor Repairer
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Explosive Energized Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener

Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
AML Compact Omnidirectional Tracking Link
AML Compact Omnidirectional Tracking Link
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Algid Hybrid Administrations Unit II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Proteus Core - Electronic Efficiency Gate
Proteus Defensive - Nanobot Injector
Proteus Offensive - Drone Synthesis Projector
Proteus Propulsion - Hyperspatial Optimization

Hobgoblin II x5
Warden II x4
Garde II x4
Hornet EC-300 x5

Thank you and appreciate any help.

I’m on my phone right now so I can’t play with fits. You seem to be missing something on that fit. Armor rep?

While you can turn a proteus into a drone boat its not optimal. Personally I’d bite the bullet and grab an ishtar. They are better for your needs in every way.

Sorry, my bad, wrong copy-paste.
I do have Ishtar too, but Proteus got better defenses and higher dmg with combination of 4 Garde II and 5 Rails.

Yea that’s a nice fit. I assume you are using some implants? I can’t get it below like 4% over CPU with all 5 skills.

That’s weird, got just one implant, something like 5% medium hybrid turret dmg. Capacitor last for 11:42 and got 0,2 CPU spare.

I’ll have to look in greater detail later. Either way I’m intrigued. I haven’t played with proteus fits in awhile but they seem more viable as a drone platform than they used to be. I love the space slug

Drop the Explosive Energized Membrane II for a fourth weapon upgrade. A MFS if you actually use the railguns often or a fourth DDA.

You should not need that much tank. Not in level 3 missions anyway. Just stay away from the rats and kill them from afar.

This is an entirely different approach: Get close and personal. Web the rats and hammer with blasters and heavy drones. This requires active piloting to never stand still. Activate the repper only if needed.

[Proteus, 1000 DPS]

Reactive Armor Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
True Sansha Medium Armor Repairer

Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
Cap Recharger II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Stasis Webifier II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Proteus Core - Electronic Efficiency Gate

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Ogre II x4
Wasp II x4

Geckos or go home.

1 Like

I have a proteus fit for lv3 blitzing. It works better than missile Tengu in some missions.
[Proteus, lv3 blitz]

Corpii A-Type Explosive Coating
Shadow Serpentis Multispectrum Coating
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Co-Processor II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Optical Compact Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script
Medium Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

250mm Railgun II, Spike M
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Proteus Core - Augmented Fusion Reactor

Hornet II x5
Vespa II x5
Warden II x4

in my experience the prot was lacking both in projection and DPS to make it interesting.

It’s definitely doable but you are weak, and in HS you are slower than say a mach which will have more projection and more DPS.

1 Like

Except that your poor mach only warps at 6.52 AU/s before implants and takes 7 seconds to enter warp, and probably needs 2 more seconds to lock on the first target.

Plus machariel never has good projection. The optimal range of autocannons is a joke and you only deal half damage at 100% fallof. Artilleries’ tracking is very poor and the optimal range and dps aren’t great either.

you have low slots for that. plus the align is not really an issue, it does not ad that much time compared to the warp speed bonus. Also for warp speed bonus, you can fit 3 hyperspatial rig.

The joke is to look at raw value instead of looking at the actual DPS at given range.

40%. But you deal 78% damage at half falloff. Which is why you use barrage and TC.

1 Like

What makes you think that 6.52 AU/s and 7s align time is without sacrificing low slots and rigs?

OK, with barrage and sentries it has superior dps and projection than any medium ships (though I guess Tengu still shines in some missions for application). R.I.P proteus.

because I have 6s align. You’re correct that 6.52 AU/s is with hypers though.

projection with 2 faction TC range scripted and 4 T2 gyros.
Imgur

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.