Proving Grounds Event Final Leaderboards

Abyssal damage mods and damage implants and boosters are the worst things allowed into sites in my opinion - it makes the caracals as hard to deal as they are because they clip every ship beneath a certain quite high bling threshold. Even 1600 maller dies 2 ships in 3 clips if you use only t2. Dropping the damage mods to T2 mallers take 2 or more clips each to die - which makes it a lot easier to beat them if they mess up.

Abyssal damage + damage drug + damage implant gives you up to 45% more dps over t2 (with similar scale of clip damage too), very hard to fight against.

The restriction with T2 stuff was just an example, you can make anything, but whatever you do some ships will be favoured and that will upset people more than having to fight against or being able to use bling stuff. So ccp wont change much.

Indeed.

This is pretty much as good as it gets. Eveā€™s ship balance and power progression are not well suited to an arena game. Maybe they could be made so, but not without a whole lot of work and messing up the balance in the open-world sandbox.

The only way this sort of works, is to make it a very short-term and changing event so that the state of stagnation all these artificial systems fall into are short lived. There isnā€™t enough interest or players to support a real ELO or matching/tier system, nor again does the general rock/paper/scissors and ISK balance of normal PvP even make it worth trying. The only thing CCP can do is keep each arena ā€œseasonā€ very short to concentrate interest, reset the leaderboards each time so that the masses donā€™t get discouraged, and change the ship class and format each time so there is a new meta to solve.

I like that CCP is experimenting and maybe some formats (a large FFA? identical ships?) will be better suited to Eveā€™s PvP system and arenas. Or maybe this will evolve into a proper AT replacement system. But most of these calls for changes and ā€œimprovementsā€ to make these Proving Grounds just like the matched arenas in other games just arenā€™t going to happen. This is what you are going to get, so keep playing them or even these will go away.

1 Like

CCP! Please, remove posibility to use blue modules in proving! Remove PAY-TO-WIN from proving!
A lot of players go away from proving because of 3+b ships inside.

Iā€™m out from 2v2 and all next provings and game where only what you have to do for Win - pay ISK

Are there too many 3b+ ships in the arena? Who is flying them? I know just Cable Uta + Tikk/Baltrom.

Top 10 at least. And a lot a bit cheaper. Same as for 1v1 arena. Itā€™s like cheaters in other games but official.
First day was nice, when skill and fast brain (new ship concepts) wins. But for now itā€™s like ISK vs ISK.

Scroll up to my post about AP, and to uMilā€™s post. You are at least partially wrong. You can even stalk their zkill to verify the claims.

If there are more people flying 5-10b cruisers than those, do tell, I would be interested to hear out about these.

Problem to them in Zkill - they not die. Only one on zkb - 3b caracal. Other just unded and gets 100 by hit (from 1k alpha)

Both of dudes I mentioned have lots of losses, so please just check.

https://zkillboard.com/character/90361251/ check him
https://zkillboard.com/character/90985265/losses/ and this one
Itā€™s not a normal when you can Pay-to-Win. If this competition - it should have equal opportunities. But for now itā€™s as it

wellā€¦ appearently these new arenas are becoming the same what the old ones wereā€¦

and CCP still removed them for no reason.

Yeah I have mentioned those here:

But you claim that top 10 are, which is not true at all.

next is like 500 + yes?
As I said all should be in same position. So only t2 - and all is okā€¦ skill will be main

if you think weā€™re actually p2wing I donā€™t even know what to say to you

500+ for t1? yes. Will talk when you will fight Tikktokk Tokkzikk

Nope, check APā€™s stats which i laid out in post #86. He is 3rd place. 90%+ of his wins are on 50m cruisers (mainly stabbers), and 3%-ish on 300-500m arbies (with me persuading him to get an expensive one) and 3% 450-500m maller.

Wrong, this is what you said:

Which is clearly ā€œat least pilots from top 10 fly 3b+ cruisersā€.

Open his kb - from today - maller (500kk) vs 50kk shipsā€¦ itā€™s like x10 of price. And yes this is Pay-to-Win

2 Likes

OK then I must have misread you above, sorry for that.

I do respect the guys in there, as I know quite a few of them and I know for a fact they are very capable PVPer, and I have no doubt Dexter, Tikktokk and the lot would do just as well in a more restrictive configuration. Just that currently it is a bit of an ISK fiesta, which can discourage quite a few people, and that this leaderboard means very little skill wise.

If this is to stay, and for people to keep going in and spend the time theorycrafting and flying, the ISK must not be one of the main reason you win but rather everything else: how you fly, how the comp synergize, where you decide to land, how long is the fight, the fitting restriction and so on. All of which are in use in AT, so I am not reinventing the wheel here. But Fozzie seems to be positive they will adjust those shortly, so it can only get better :slight_smile: