Proving Grounds Event Final Leaderboards

Yeah personally I am fine with whatever. I have the isk but I’d hate to have proving grounds transformed into isk battle arenas (a-la old proving conduits which had too simple meta to my taste), due to elo ranking / mmr and no fitting restrictions.

The fact that Fozzie is looking at fitting restrictions first before other complaints (like ranking system) is very encouraging.

Fitting restriction system in place won’t mean 50m cruisers forever btw. There can be rulesets in the future for the rich boys, where for a duration of one weekend we can put aside execution and focus on theorycrafting and isk.

1 Like

also dont forget to buy a 10b caracal lul

I think I met the same issue as someone above. I am pretty sure that I have 36 wins before the leaderboard updated, but I am not showed on the board. Could you please check and fix that?

Super glad to hear they are considering restrictions on modules and implants. No point in restricting it to T1 ships if you can fit 500x the price of the ship on it… it isnt really a T1 ship at that point. T1 ships should be restricted to T1 modules, or T2 at most (for proving grounds only obviously).

I absolutely love the proving grounds concept though, and I really hope CCP will make T1 1v1 (and maybe 2v2) permanent, with other modes rotating on weekends or something. I love EVE, I’ve been playing (off and on) since Beta in 2003. But as I’ve gotten older I rarely have the time to go on 4+ hour roams and gatecamps with the hopes of killing a couple players, or sometimes even none.

This is seriously what I’ve wanted in EVE for a literal decade. I can finally just jump into an even fight without wasting hours of my time. Proving Grounds will keep me playing (and subscribed) as long as it’s a thing. (But also, if it’s necessary to fly 1b+ ISK ships to even be competitive I wont be able to sustain my losses for long)

2 Likes

Its sad to see how much effort they are putting into this imagine the old proving grounds where any t2 cruiser or any cruiser really can make it if they added restrictions or put a slight bit of effort into it, it would be so much more fun then a t1 cruiser buffer fight every match…But the old proving was just as popular when it first came out shall see if this last.

1 Like

can confirm, new provings became exactly the same as the old ones, Caracals rule!

And the amount of people doing the old proving grounds was increasing before it got removed

The majority of people complaining here, have utterly no idea what is even going on.

Literally only 2-6 people are using “bling fits” and everyone is too busy whining to realize it. 99% of the fights I’ve had were against 40-80mil ships. The real big boys are using T2 RIGS!! Woahhh!

ELO will just confirm the meta as all the top kiters are richer/better than you already… People also don’t realize that Tikk got a HUGE amount of wins without bling. Just a damp caracal and skills. AP has been using a 50mil Stabber and 95% of the top 50 use regular t2 fits with t1 rigs. They’re just better than you are… or understand it’s Rock Paper Scissors and are applying a proper strategy.

As for time, I have a new puppy and only play when my friends are around. Spend less time tinfoiling while sitting in the belts and get out there. Learn the game. No matter what the system is, if you’re worried about losing to bling. Just another super getting dropped. Get over it and learn how to set up bait. Welcome to Eve Online! (If you stop posting and actually go play some)

Caracals are good but can be countered. Otherwise I wouldn’t be on the board. I’ve barely touched Caracals.

1 Like

Why nobody is complaining about damps being too powerfull? Like it was with ECM? Especially when Damps always hit and make you lose target with enough stacked and range, meanwhile ECM only sometimes worked.

Here’s a tip for you. Remote Sensor Boosters. BAZINGA.

Want it to be free? Insure your cruiser for 3mil, which pays out 10mil. That’s 7mil profit right? Spend that 7mil on a faction re-sebo. Boom they just removed their tank mids for you. Faster win.

Next problem please.

Not only remote sensor boosters, but also FoF missiles (eg on buffer caracals) or tank + mobility (stabbers are one of natural damp caracal counters, anything with decent tank to try to pincer damp caracals can also work - like mildly blinged mallers), or local sensor boosters (beam mallers oftentimes have those).

Or drones. They pretty much s**t on EWAR in general.

damp can be countered by simply ramming your opponent, the arena don’t allow straight line kitting making It quite easy against most pilots.

Hello.

My opinion on the blink fits.

I did not do proving grounds myself, I am ISK broke with no experience in PvP.
I like watching streams on Twitch.
I think there should be NO restriction in modules, drugs or implants.
The streams I watched, people were using casual T2 fits, but they were good themself, this means skill,
and they had plan, strategy, knew enemy ships weakness, did exploit it, did win.
In their loot there were very few faction modules, and I have never seen expensive one.
Not sure about implants, never used them, know nothing about them.

But, my biggest point is, this event has worth in the fact, that people have possibility to put large assets on the table, and really lose them.
If there was restriction on only T1 modules, I would not watch the streams, and most people would not enter proving grounds.

My last point.
As ISK broke person I have hope, there will be demand for implants, modules, ships on the market.
There is again reason for the small person go out and do some stupid mission running, get some pathetic implants from agents, and someone will actually buy them, because there will be demand for them, maybe for the first time in existence of EvE.

Thank you for your attention.

1 Like

If anyone has ever heard of the USPSA or IPSC, they’re the compeitive shooting competitions in the United States for people shooting handguns at a competitive level. Within that sport, there are divisions… there are a lot of divisions… but within each division, there are a specific set of guidelines to what you can or cannot have attached on your gun (because certain things like red dots and compensators make it “unfair” to someone who doesn’t have the money to spend). With that, something along those lines might help everyone out… because then if you want to fly a ship that’s decked out, do it! But know going in, you’re going to be going against someone else who is entering that “division” that allows anything on the ship. Whereas, if you don’t have a lot of money… or aren’t wanting to make a lot of money PVPing and simply are just wanting to fly a generic fit ship out there, you can enter within a different division that is based on more stock fit ships that has specific guidelines that cannot be crossed.

Someone may have already said something similar… but i didn’t see if so I thought i’d just throw out my two cents and see if anyone agreed or had good disagreement points.

1 Like

Pay 2 win confirmed once again at the top! Officer abyssals confirmed 100b mods

3 Likes

Just as I suspected…

Who will take responsibility for this outrage?

THAT Is the 4th time that i crash since the start of the event, i activate the filament and then i am stuck in the warp tunnel animation and then i crash, lost too much isk like this and it is ruining all my fun.

Heheheh another bling fit appears!

Just my 2 cents, everyone should chill and really try this content. I can say we’ve done 40 matches so far, ran into bling 3 times only (hi tikktokk and sniperbros15).
Had some really good fights and nail biters, barely getting to exit 30 Seconds after the win, my mate won us one match with 5% structure etc.

The impression that it’s bling cancer is simply not true, at least so far until yesterday. So please do jump in and try different fits, the more the merrier and the better chance of running into a normal budget team.

Top guys who are so keen on being top leaderboard can have their epeen, the rest of us can still have fun. We did beat quite a few of the current top 100 leaderboard guys and were having a blast.

1 Like