PVE... or PVP

Thanks for the replies.

Stay out of low security space? I’ve been reading through this thread and I’m quick frankly baffled.

I am assuming you understand the nature of system security status? Going into lowsec is essentially climbing into the tiger cage. You have to expect the tiger want’s to eat you. He doesn’t care why you came. He doesn’t care what you are doing.

I’m still honestly baffled that you are upset by this? You went into dangerous space. You even get warned at the gate, and then you seem surprised that the tiger ate you.

CCP put in many high security systems that are “safer” You can also become safer by actually being a part of a lowsec corp/alliance. Much like nullsec, it is very dangerous unless you are blue to the locals.

[edit] also ask your friends for fitting help.

1 Like

Its the open world PvP server. Only one kind of server for this game. That is how it always worked here and in other such servers. Its always the situation, people waiting till someone is low on health, or unprepared, smelling easy win and then attacking. U call these people jerks, like they were always called everywhere I did see these situations.

I dont see anything unusual in that situation.

This kind of situations u experience taking part in this activity tho. U may stop anyday and do some other activity where its less of a problem.

U will not change people, or the game design. U may dont give a chance for a jerk to fight you. Maybe u can alsp be more carefull somehow, like with directional scanning. Or exploring in calmer systems or knowing who dwells there. Intel is power.

See the old flamers are still here… still flaming at new players… still breaking the forums terms… ISD still doing nothing… good to see.

This is an excellent write-up and I simply want to add to it.

I used to do a lot of Low-sec PvE in PvP ships… specifically highly mobile, fast ships.

With speed I could dictate the terms of the engagement against NPCs the same way I would against other players; stay at range (and away from the bulk of the incoming damage) and get away from threats that show up.

And when I say “mobile” and “fast” I am talking about sub-4 to 5 second align times and around 1800-2000+ m/sec with a Microwarpdrive running.
Frigate and Destroyer level mobility and speed.

The drawback is that mobile/fast PvP ships tend to be light either in terms of tank or damage.
And against swarms of NPCs (or one powerful one) this limitation needs to be accounted for.

If I choose tank, I need to understand that I have limitations in what I can kill and how fast I can kill it… which means I am on the field for longer and am more at risk of being found by another player.
If I choose damage, I have to fly more carefully as there is a much higher chance the NPCs (or some player in a gimmick-fit ship) can take me out with a few lucky shots.

Some of my favorite ships to PvE in low-sec with were the Ishkur (T2 Frigate), Algos (T1 Destroyer), and (if I was too many drinks deep) the Tristan (T1 Frigate).
I optimized them for speed and drone damage with a token tank for some survivability.

And I always carried some ECM drones. Because I am a bad, bad man. :wink:

3 Likes

Well, you know what they say: the good carry ore, the bad carry ECM drones, and the ugly carry liquid ozone.

1 Like

The Dragoon can be used in the same way as the Algos, I like kitey manoeuvrable drone boats for stringing spawns out over a distance without exposing yourself to excessive incoming damage while chipping away with the drones.

1 Like

Hello @Arturo_Min If you see a post that isn’t in line with forum rules, please feel free to flag it with an appropriate flag. Thank you.

See the old whiners are still here… still shaking their fists at people they disagree with… still too lazy to do comment properly… ISD still doing a great job by acting only on the worst…good to see.

1 Like

So while I might agree that sometimes the flaming gets a bit much, are you really in here defending someone who started a thread complaning that they willingly went to lowsec and then got attacked? I mean it is a tough lesson to learn (I remember my first foray into LS, just mining minding my own business. Seeing 2 guys warp in, didnt say hi, and suddently a flash of light and waking up in a station) but seriously that IS EVE.

2 Likes

LOL. Who has broken any forum rules here other than you? You have not even bothered to express your opinion on the subject, which I’m sure would be very insightful. You’ve only posted to discuss forum moderation…

4 Likes

I’m guessing at someone like Fab Rod; that can’t post on their main because they’ve been banned for forum violations, harassment and generally being an arsehole.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.