PvE Roundtable - Saturday 31st of March

Not gonna get into a big debate about it, I get a raise in pay and medical benefits each year which offsets the constant rise in cost of living.

When I was younger I could buy a candy bar for 25 cents, that same candy bar now costs over a dollar. Course the amount of minimum wage has also increased over the years, thus balance.

In Eve the minimum wage rewards haven’t been increased, in fact it’s been steadily decreased over the years yet the cost of living has continued to rise. Where’s the balance in that?

1 Like

Exactly, zero space, and this is your own words:

50/50 survival chance? You won’t touch that content even with a stick. That what average pvp player killboard must look like.

Problem is, CSM members fall into this trap that player wants more pvp like style NPCs and maybe that kind of AI will help educate players in combat pvp, not to mention group social playstyle while 99% content is finished solo. And when CCP finally create that kind of content only small group of players are actually interesed in doing it.

Knowing how long is CCP developement process and that they are baking something with drifters I expect some pve tweaks after 2020 if ever.

1 Like

Actually, looking at the MER, it’s everyone’s income that has increased a lot (isk in keeps rising) while production is steady. The effect is that everyone has more money to spend but there are not more goods, therefore what goods we have increase in price. Giving players even more money will do nothing but further increase the prices. The right way to address this is to increase production/drops, but of course, that will reduce the income of people who get the drops/make the goods.

@Jeremiah_Saken
Alright, since you tried to dress your response as a decent one this time, I’ll answer.

I indeed probably wouldn’t touch 50/50 PvE, unless I could fly something very cheap to do it in. But unfortunately, yet again, you fall for an overblown argument and pick 50/50 as the risk instead of… oh, let’s say 90/10, which would mean that PvE is challenging (not entirely safe) and you have to be engaged to hope to survive instead of watching netflix.

Or maybe they want people to actually pilot their ship and be fully paying attention to the game instead of watching netflix while running missions? Maybe they don’t do it at all with expectations of teaching people how to PvP (you won’t learn through PvE any ways, you learn by losing frigates and I’m pretty sure the CSM knows that too. Most of them are PvPers after all).

What would you say if you tried a FPS and the enemies all lined up neatly in your crosshair? It sucks and it’s not interesting. A RTS where the enemies just march forward into your lines to be weakened by artillery then finished off by your frontline? Same, not interesting. And then people just answer: “Go play multi-player, the campaign actually isn’t meant to be played”? That makes no sense.

EVE NPCs are still stuck in that state and I want them to evolve by behaving in more interesting ways, much like RTS or FPS AI try to use tactics. We even have the AI, why not put it to use? Making more combat missions is easy and CCP already have the AI, Thus making new missions (similar to the regular ones) but swapping to the new NPC AI would be simple for CCP. What I am suggesting is a pretty low hanging fruit (they essentially already did it last event!). Sure, your different missions would be cool too, but those actually may require a lot of extra work since they are unlike anything we have currently. Given limited dev time, I’d rather ask for something simple…

that’s exactly what devs are doing, because that what’s best in FPS, multiplayers. There were even FPS without single player mode like Quake 3 Arena or recent Wh40k. Why coding AI behaviour when you can just make a map and throw players inside? Same with EvE, why coding miner fleets behaviour when 95% of playerbase won’t even see them? FOBs rats attacking citadels? Cool isn’t? Living breathing world. When rats will be blanket wardecc us?
Those should be players driven actions not AI. When I hear players want more engaging, pvp style rats while they don’t want to do actual pvp something is wrong here. Soon rats will be fighting with rats.

hard to say if it is simple, there will be lots of things to balance, and that CCP is famous of not doing so well. See RW for an example.

1 Like

Ai that point you’re partially right. If you only look at the mission payouts they haven’t change for years. Meanwhile Dull sec is pulling staggering amounts of isk with mining an ratting, and its hard to cope with that when u live in HS. Introduction of marauders made isk/hr slightly better but it’s still nothing compared to current dullsec payouts.

Only consolation is that it created bigger demand on stuff which resulted in contionous rise of prices of, for example, deadspace loot that we farm in HS.

2 Likes

What is the minimum wage reward in EVE? I honestly have never heard of this thing you speak of. Belt ratting in .8?

Also, can you provide any evidence or reason for believing that minimum wage has gone down and/or CPI has gone up?

All I see on the MER is an increase in CPI in 2017. Its at the same level as around 2007.

My C-Type MSB begs to differ :wink:

I’m including all aspects of rewards in high sec, mission pay, rat bounties and loot drops. While mission pay and rat bounties have remained the same, loot drops have been constantly nerfed yet the cost of everything else has steadily risen.

“Wages” haven’t changed. It’s Isk value that has lowered drastically.

You’re killing the wrong rats :wink:

You mean people should farm things they (evidently) don’t farm much lol?

But then, that would undermine the narrative!

That effect of any ISK value decline is far from drastic. Its pretty tame and only noticeable over the past year.

Yes. People have to adapt to shifting conditions and follow the current.

Past year PLEX value nearly doubled and that’s pretty drastic. But that’s a different topic, lets not deviate.

After reducing the payouts by 20% so that dullsec can have infinite $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Level 4 security missions. You know those that cannot even dream of paying for a (as in one because ONE of them cost more than a battleship) large trimark armor pump II for a battleship.
Those rigs that used to cost 30 million before someone didn’t think something through and made citadel rigs.

• Players need to make more money
  • Some change is introduced that increases the demand for something
  • Something goes up in price
  • Someone makes more money
  • But… mommy… When I said players, I meant me! :sob:

Now in the case of T2 salvage, granted, it’s not all that easy to go out and get them yourself because most npcs drop T1 salvage instead (which makes rigs that are PLENTY enough to help you complete L4s if that’s what you do. It’s not like you need T2 rigs to survive, they just make things slightly faster/easier/safer than T1 ones). Shooting NPCs for isk in L4s should be one of the lowest paying job in EVE, a minimum wage indeed, since they are not even a nuisance. Incursions and FOBs are a nuisance for the system(s) they are in and removing them is a service that is worth isk, L4s (and anomalies) are just flooding the economy with more isk, driving all the prices up.

The new moon mining has been well done, by comparison: Reduce production because it is no longer a passive activity, you need people to mine. Prices for moongoo and T2 stuff increase. However, nobody has to be stuck on the “it’s too expensive” side, everyone can go mine it and make money off expensive rocks!

Because a single commodity is a good indicator :rofl:

In 2010 the price of a Ferox was about 15mil. Today it is around 50mil.

Over the same period of time, the ISK and LP rewards of missions are static having never changed. Not exactly what DeMichael said, but it will do.

1 Like

Cool, I will go to Delve and raid some moons, let’s see how much isk I don’t make because 3907680235789023569756297652789542 titans and sooper doopers stopped me somehow.

I know you are smarter than that, and you do too. There are plenty of options much more accessible than taking over goon assets.

Or I heard they’re a pretty welcoming bunch, you can join them too! Then you might make much iskies, get your own sooper doopers, and get a whale too.

But we both know you’re not easy to satisfy, so better not change. That way you can be satisfied you know well what you’re not satisfied about and at least there’s that!

And yet since 2010 we have had an increase in actual rewards counter to your claims. In 2011 agents changed which increased ISK and LP on actual terms. Plus the changes to npc standings caused (indirectly) increases to rewards for faction tags. That is just a couple of examples of how rewards have increased.

Plus L4 missions now pay 200+ mill per/hr with the addition of burners.

Consider that if L4 income is so poor, then why are people not demanding more ISK from VNI run anoms too?

1 Like

… if a few very important pre-conditions are met and only then.

1 Like