PvE ship for a new player

Here is an example of a cheap buffer tanked shield fit Vexor meant to mostly kite opponents with the afterburner on at 30k+ with uranium loaded and can plink things at 50k+ with the tungsten.

Basic AB Kiting Vexor - PVE

[Vexor, DDAs + Rails / Buffer Kite - Cheap]

Type-D Restrained Shield Power Relay
Damage Control I
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Upgraded EM Ward Amplifier I
Large Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender

200mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Hammerhead I x5
Hobgoblin I x5
Hobgoblin I x5
Warrior I x5

Tungsten Charge M x2000
Uranium Charge M x4000

Now here is a battlecruiser fit for a Myrmidon that requires some feathering of the MWD because you cannot leave it on constantly… but it has a fairly significant regen tank that will let a newer player handle a lot more than usual. It does use minmatar weaponry though to minimize capacitor usage. However you will very likely need to drop a lot of those T2 modules to meta or T1 and make do until skills are trained up if you want to attempt a fit like this.

Regen Myrmidon with artillery highs

[Myrmidon, Shield Regen Fit]

Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Power Diagnostic System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
EM Ward Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

650mm Artillery Cannon II

Federation Navy Ogre x4
Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

EMP M x3200
Proton M x3000
Explosive Deflection Field II x1
Kinetic Deflection Field II x1

As for the post above me… T2 painter isn’t alpha clone viable and additionally he’d be enormously better off with a targeting computer with a precision script loaded instead. Less manual targeting more just turn on when entering the site. Plus Gnosis is almost always better armor fit because those SoCT ships have low CPU for attempting shield and missile fits. Plus you just gave flat buffer shields on a stupidly large ship with a MWD on top of all that that signal size is going to be MASSIVE and it will eat hits no matter what in PVE without the benefits of a regen setup that mitigates the constant hits that would take.

Take a look at the uni’s Wikipedia (uniwiki, Google it). It has a wealth of information about all things Eve, including ship fittings. Be careful, though, because many of those fittings are PvP oriented (You can often tell because they have armor plates, at least for armor fits).

Basically, Frigates &destroyers for level 1 missions, cruisers for level 2, battlecruiser for level 3, battleships for level 4. Skills can adjust that some.

Also, download Pyfa for your computer system . Its a great tool.

Try spending some time on the test server.

First, a caveat. The test server exists so that CCP can test changes to the game before putting those changes on the live server. As part of this, CCP can and will force a restart on the test server any time they want. There is no fixed restart schedule for the test server. It’s not unusual for CCP to reset the test server multiple times per day, but that doesn’t happen often.

Your details on the live server (skills trained, isk, ships and items you own, etc) do not automatically get updated on the test server. CCP have to copy player data from the live server to the test server and they only do that when it’s convenient for them. The last copy was just before Christmas last year. You cannot bring anything from the test server back to the live server, no skills, no isk, no ships, etc. What you have on the test server STAYS on the test server.

So why use the test server.
1: Everything only costs 100 isk. All ships up to battleships, 100 isk. All modules, 100 isk. All skillbooks, 100 isk. All ammunition, 100 isk each. You can buy a battleship plus all it’s modules for under 6000 isk in total. Ammunition is the most expensive since it’s 100 isk per round of ammo. You can try out different ships and fits for a fraction of the cost of the live server. Don’t bother using insurance on the test server. If your ship gets destroyed on the test server, you automatically get the full insurance payout for it without buying the insurance (you can deliberately self destruct a ship for it’s insurance payout if you need more isk on the test server). CCP stock ships, modules and ammo on stations all across the game. You’re never far from a station will a full market supply of items on the test server. Capital ships like titans and supercarriers are not supplied by CCP, those need to be built by players. Also Officer/Deadspace grade modules are not supplied by CCP. T1, T2 and Faction grade ships, modules and ammo are supplied by CCP.

2: There are strict rules about PVP on the test server so the chance of being ganked by other players is very low, but some players don’t follow those rules so there is no 100% guarantee that you won’t be ganked. You can report players who gank you in areas where ganking is prohibited by the rules.

3: All of the same content of the live server is available on the test server. Missions, combat sites, exploration sites, etc. Faction warfare is the only significant content that isn’t duplicated on the test server because Faction Warfare is a type of PVP.

You can test out different types of ships and modules and different types of PVE content on the test server with a very low chance of being attacked by another player and once you know what you want to do and what ships/fits you want to use, you can do that on the live server.

https://community.eveonline.com/support/test-servers/
https://community.eveonline.com/support/test-servers/singularity/

1 Like

you just go to “help” in game chat and ask. You will get a hundred “fits” take your pick.

lol, ship must make you NOT want to have a rage quit vid on youtube :slight_smile:

1 Like

My recommendation, as always, is have a look at Eve University. They have a good “how to fit ships” page of things to consider and advice.
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Fitting_ships

Thank you all! :slight_smile:

yeah, I was thinking of all those “I can tank secret room but I take one hour to kill a elite frigate” fits.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.