I’m proposing a new type of gameplay interaction, mainly aimed at encouraging PVE players to accept PVP into their everyday life as a capsuleer.
First of all, Why PVP-E?
I want to address and minimize the frustrations surrounding Pvp, that many newbros and Pve players avoid at all cost. Thus, I am proposing this concept for (starters in) High Sec. I believe that providing the ISK/LP carrot for such a Pvp-e site, will encourage the PVE-fanatics to join in, and eventually induce more of them and the newbros to react postively towards PVP.
To recap, the goals are to encourage:
- newbros, to team up and try Pvp in a relatively ‘safe’ high sec environment
- Pve players to start engaging in Pvp activities
- interactions among the community
What is PVP-E?
Many of you have experienced Incursions (PVE), whereby Players unite in groups and fight Npcs (Sansha), until the Npc mothership appears and is blown to pieces and everyone racks up huge amount of ISK/LP.
In the same line, my proposal is:
What if we replaced most of those smaller sites/rooms Npcs with other player groups instead? That is Player fighting each other to gain access (via hacking, etc) to the next room. And at the end of the game (after several rooms of varying diffculty) everyone has to contest the Npc Mothership (which drop significant loots). And the group who laid the highest dps wins the loot/ISK/LP rewards (abit alike the current incursions TCRC sites).
PVP-E …or the X-site?
As of yet, I do not have a name to qualify for this type of PVP-E, so for now I shall name it the X-site. Nor do I know how to formulate engagement between the 2 parties - I think the lot of you already have an idea how to set this in motion (I’m open to suggestions). The core concept being; in the X-site, 2 teams will form up, fight each other, to reach the Npc Mothership first, so they can lay the most dps and get the loot and/or the most of the ISK & LP.
- alphas can participate in the X-site, as long as they have a minimum sec status of 3.0
- so as not to become a Vet warzone, I propose X-site to be accessible only to characters who are lesser than 60 months (5 yrs) old;
- to prevent exploit, and allow more interaction, the X-site will not be accessible to multiboxers (up to CCP to enforce/implement it);
- once all Npcs have been delt with, any further pvp engagement (unless KR) inside the X-site, will incur Concord interaction;
- wardecced pilots are not allowed in the X-site;
New Considerations (based on primary feedbacks):
- to accomodate some vets (because experienced FCs would be needed)
- possibly this site to be in or close to the rookie systems (primarily to initiate newbros to pvp)
- 30-40 pilots per team, each team with composition (1/3 vets + 2/3 alphas-newbros)
- possible ships to use: t1/t2: frigs, destroyers, cruisers (no bombers, smartbomber, etc.)
Work in progress
A possible layout of the PVP-E game play to come in a few days.
So, your first impressions? Is it viable? Is it crap? Enlighten me.
PS: if this idea/concept has been implemented/proposed previously, (plz provide proofs), then I apologize, no intent to discredit anyone - my only aim is for the exponential growth of Eve online.