[Q2] Blocking Warp Core Stabs from FW Acceleration Gates

Ok warp cores banned from fw complex would be nice.

Is that all ?

I’m dissapointed tbh.

Depot does not present a problem, the whole point of stabs is to be able to warp away, you would continually be losing your depot when something turns up while you are waiting for the 60s deployment. Ventures have a lot of flaws, one being that they have few low slots another being their tendency to get destroyed in one shot by instablaps.

Alphas can’t use any cloaks tho, t1 or otherwise…

Why not a warp disruption field for 100+ km around the beacon?

Would be a pretty significant change. If you effectively have a warp disruptor in effect constantly, you’d probably change the meta so everyone would go heavy on the webs and scrams would be all about shutting down MWD only.

Not sure that’s needed.

1 Like

Aye. You’d definitely have more sniping ships that leave the tackling to mechanics rather than their own required mods. No good, imo.

The following post suggested quite the opposite of web/scram - a sniping fit. So I don’t see how the meta would be shaken in a significant way. In fact you would still need either scrambler to keep target in the range of disruption field or your own disruptor to keep it tackled if it leaves that field.

Besides FW mechanics already affect ship balance by giving you a narrow landing point inside the pocket, henceforth, promoting close range ships. So why don’t let FW pilots solve that one? IMO it would be great if every type of PvP in game had it’s own flavor.

It’s too oppressive, Aigel. 100km disruption from the warp in point would be an incredible mess, even if you could exclude pods from it. Such a long range would work only with a frigate, and anything with a micro jump drive. Cruiser pvp would take a very negative hit and that (Cruiser pvp) is the cream of pvp inside the warzone. ANY forced committal would make too many people risk adverse. Especially in a very active area like Black Rise, where the dynamics shift every minute or second. You have to have the option of pulling out.

Let’s limit the game they said it will be fun day said! THX for it. Killed the game for me… What will be the next step ? If someone sees you on dscan you cant jump or warp until they get to you ? :smiley: I love regulations so much and i havent seen a warp core stabs fitted on pvp ships before it may not be a coincidence but maybe i am wrong.
a salvager

I think the problem of warp core stabilizer is originated from the inconsistance of the game goal and game play in FW. FW is designed in a way that players go in to complete PVE goal while doing PVP. However, the rewards from PVE has nothing related to PVP game goal, that is, to win the fight.

I played a fun PVP game (PUBG), in which team players go in the battlegrounds naked. They search for weapons, equipments, vehicles in the battlegrounds to give them advantages to win the fight, and players are rewarded by winning the fight, not rewarded by circling a building.

You can imagine a mini PVP game that players go in a war zone in capsules and they search inside for ships, weapons, ammo, modules to help them winning the battle. Players will be rewarded by winning the fight, not by milling around a complex. Players can be charged for a margin deposit, which will be confiscated if they lost the fight.

I have to say that (PUBG) style PVP is much more fun that FW in EVE.

CCP have to ask themselves, in FW, whether they want players to be PVP focus, or PVE focus. Keep in line the game goal and game play.

1 Like

My guess is that they want them to be PvP focused, but have a reward attached to "waiting for PvP’.

I’ve waited in novice plex’s for someone to warp in and fight while in FW and while not in it. It’s much more pleasant to do when you get a LP reward if nobody shows up. The “fight” part of it is great either way.

Those who don’t fight at all in those plexes annoy me. I think it should be a lot more annoying for those who want to get the “waiting for PvP” reward without taking part in any PvP that arrives. Removing WCS helps with that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.