[Q2] Blocking Warp Core Stabs from FW Acceleration Gates

Nerf the sleipnir before making this change please.

1 Like

I hope this is not a joke and that these proposals become real (together with the proposal to eliminate the venture from ships for the FW).
It would also be an optimal way to fight bots.

1 Like

April’s fool or thats truth? That wold be awesome.

1 Like

Very nice Change! but if this is an April fools joke prepare for a lot of unhappy people, better to not know than to give fake hope.

its about time, but why not just not allow the FW beacons to activate whilst WCS are fitted?
people could refit after hey have jumped through the gate

2 Likes

I assume ventures are still allowed through the gates with their passive +2 strength ?

Addressing botting with mechanics that affect everybody is not always a wise choice.

In this case: while eliminating warp stabs from using gates may address a common element in botting, it also hurts all of the active defensive plexers in FW now. Given that d-plexing is half of the capture mechanics, this really alienates/frustrates your player base.

A more interesting change would be to remove defensive plexing from the game all together. Have system contested % decay automatically based on some kind of algorithm. Something with a similar shape to a sine function ( Y=sin(X))… Only mild decay at the top and bottom of the range with steep decline in the middle.

2 Likes

Can they also have a 50% reduction to the radius of smart bombs per stab?

3 Likes

Its a good change but I think its just treating the symptom rather than the cause. The tier system is attracting the farmers and always has been. Being paid 20,000 LP to cap a large plex (at Tier 5) is insane.

Please just reduce the LP payout from plexes so that people need to mission for income again rather than farm the tier system

1 Like

so you’re suggesting a Sov Lite mechanic which has some benefits but LS as a whole would then need to be looked at in terms of liveability, removing another source of isk for the non-botters is not the way to go unless you plan on replacing it, isk sources are already a issue for LS dwellers, yes there is an issue with botters but the LS populace & FW in particular rely on the mechanics for sustaining activity - this would simply remove a source of reliable (albeit low for the most part) isk.

A sov lite approach would work imo, but that require a rethink of much more than wcs…

you clearly haven’t seen the hoards of stabbed botting mission runners…LP reduction to force this would only move to penalise those who actively plex and don’t want to mission run - plexing and pvp go hand in hand for most, content and isk generation is one of the main appeals for FW imo

that said this is prob AFools so nice one Fozzie

1 Like

I like.

This is definitely a troll. April Fools!

But yes. I want this. We want this! Glory to Fozzie!

I wonder if it would be better to make stabs and cloaks slow the plex timer 20x, just like entosis on capital ships. It could be an elegant solution for both farming and pvp.

2 Likes

It should be pointed out that stabbed plexing became a far more prevalent practice following the introduction of the anti-cloaking bubbles inside plexes. If cloaks were to be banned, would the bubble be removed? If so, why not just ban non-covert ops cloaks?

In any case, stabs need to go.

1 Like

Well… Joke or not, would be a good change. For stabs, not cloaks. They’re good for setting up ambushes. :slight_smile:

It also means the bots and farmers will flock to the Large plexes of course, instead of the Smalls (and sometimes Mediums) and deplexing instead of oplexing, Slightly easier to catch too, but not by much.

How about getting around to declaring the inside of FW-plexes more like nullsec? It’s an active warzone after all. Getting tired of loosing security standing while fighting for my Empire, just because I shoot first at a pirate coming in. I mean, he’s not there with the intentions of sightseeing… :slight_smile: It’s like letting a murderer walk into a combat trench on the front line, and then punish the soldier who defends himself…

2 Likes

Fozzie, you’re without a doubt a five star beef curtain.

2 Likes

time to double down Fozzie. make it so that hunting in FW gets you drafted into a faction military.

please this better not be an april fools joke

1 Like

Yes, this! It attacks the root of the problem. Warp core stabs are a plague on FW. Keep cloaks tho. Farmers don’t use them, but it really makes you think twice before sliding into a medium plex with “only a merlin” inside.

3 Likes