[Q2] Blocking Warp Core Stabs from FW Acceleration Gates

Ban ganking in High sec? :thinking:

There is a lot of stuff CCP could prohibit. Like people with really low security levels from entering High sec by gates and wormholes, activation of guns on other people that are not criminals or suspects.

Why CCP have to listen only to one part of the crowd? :smiling_imp:

Well, none of those are module exclusions analogous to the wsc thing…but ok

Ventures are not banned though. At least for what I have read. I’m also against the idea of banning ventures. They are a great ship to encourage miners to transition into PvP. You can fit with any turret based weapon, letting all start their journey into PvP.

So rather, let ventures keep going into plexes and allow cloaks.

Pft. You allow ventures, nothing changes. Prohibit them too. A newbie can fly a lot of other things to learn.

1 Like

I advice against using any kind of navigational restriction in this case. The thought to improve complex capture mechanics is more than welcome, but starting to limit WCS fitted ships to use acceleration gates, is a shortcut, not a solution. The freedom of making one’s own fitting choices in EVE is an essential part of the game, that shouldn’t be restricted.

Many people use WCS in FW, however, some people use WCS on their scouts, others use them on their ninja salvager, and some people even use WCS on their combat ships. There are a variety of colorful use cases, although niche, that make the game great. Starting to restrict those colorful birds from entering areas of the game feels like taking away bio-diversity.

If the denial of timers for WCS fitted ships is too heavy on performance, I’d rather see other suggestions, because going down this rabbit hole, we will not only discuss WCS, but will (and are already) discussing restriction of cloaks, ship types and more.

Also, if you this becomes reality, you have to re-invent the Maulus Navy Issue’s use case. ^o^

And many will. The ventures is good for learning but won’t do much beyond novice plexes.

But if you are that worried, why not push for a ban on deep space transports? An Occator has +2 warp strength, can fit 2 turrets like a venture, and has far more room to fit a mobile depot and refit. It may be limited to medium plexes,bit it can escape more easily.

They could also disallow warping away altogether in a sphere where cloaking is impossible. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Another solution could be that you use one of those drifiter warp disruption bubbles that work in high sec (from the first mission when you start a new character) and place one inside the FW complex’s so if your in range effecting the timer your also within the (indestructible) npc bubble if the player wants to warp out they need to burn out of the bubble first before warping. :slight_smile:

This way no checks will need to be done.

1 Like

I think that is why CCP chose this path. Easy, little work (cheap), and no real impact (less room for dissent). Its good marketing really.

1 Like

This would hold weight if gates were unrestricted, but they are not they are already limited by class and designation not only in FW but also DEDs etc.

People are losing or have no knowledge of why the FW community as a whole is asking for WCS action. It is to decrease botting farmers immunity to risk - which dictates the course of the warzone by artificially altering dominance of one side not by combat or strategy, but by farming. WCS removal or restriction would allow ligitimate tackle and engagement without the farmer having zero risk due to stabs. It’s a simple premise, not game changing or refreshing FW or LS as is required but is a good - stab - at a quality of life change in the interim

Also, maulus navy is so much better for catching haulers than stabbed cats :+1:t2: So no redesign needed.

1 Like

Speaking on behalf of everyone everywhere (except the WCS deplexers) <3

1 Like

Do you guys plan on doing the WCS and Cloak change together? Or do the WCS first and then consider doing something with barring cloaks?

In regards to Cloaks, what will be the stance, then, on using Force Recons, which essentially provide the same surprise factor as cloaks when someone slides into the plex?

I promise to be happy for at least a year

How hard would it be to check that the ship entering the Plex is actually fitted at all? We’re seeing a surprising increase in totally unfit (or unfit except for WCS) ships in plex. Which is like the saddest thing ever, but also the cheapest way to run them.

Also, I owe you lots of beer at FF.

It doesn’t take more than a novice to push warzone control, seeing that every complex is worth the same amount of victory points.

As for an Occator. lol. Wow. I dare anyone to use an Occator for defensive plexing. They won’t make enough to replace them.

Maybe you don’t know anything about factional warfare? Because you can cap any sized plex in any sized ship. So that means, if it is still allowed, a venture can capture any sized complex as a defender. Two can probably have enough dps for a medium offensive plex.

There has already been a restriction put in place a long time ago in disallowing cloak activation within 30km of the warp in beacon. FW has since done better for that change. This one is good too, so long as CPP recognizes the awful defensive mechanic and provides some kind relief on that side of defensive capping systems that are very low. Or else people will just give up completely on system control and just live in Citadels. Most of us are already halfway there by the way.

1 Like

Nice change but i would like to see you guys putting more effort into developing new and fun FW mechanics. The current system is so old and boring.

1 Like

It was never about new stuff. It’s the players that go out there and generate content. They can fix the things that got broke, like docking restrictions applying to Upwell structures. They can also dumb down missions with a similar acceleration gate restriction to t2 and t3 ships, then maybe finally we will drive most of the pilots into the complexes and generating more content this way. Missions are the 2nd worst thing in FW that gets farmed to hell, and mostly by non-pvpers. A change like this would encourage groups to run them, dump on the safe ships that run them (cov-ops) and finally balance the reward with the risk. We get navy ships, let people use navy ships.

A battlecruiser complex couldn’t hurt either. They could just name it the large and rename the large as Unrestricted. Some great fights can be found at the large sites with them not having a gate at all.

YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

but disallowing cloack fitted ship is too far.
maybe just make can’t active the cloack in tje site is enough

1 Like

disallow wcs please and we can finally have a proper warzone

how tired i am of warping in on galmil oplex catalyst and it just leaves cause it has stabs!

you could even say that the acceleration gates are unable to recognise warp core stabbed ships cause their warp core signature is strange or some ■■■■ idk i am a great storyline writer tbh.