Quantum Cores - Updates begin 8 September

Nice one {Smirk} :clap:

In some cases, sucking the drones in and spitting 'em out a time or two fixes itā€¦ but in cases where it doesnā€™t or I donā€™t feel like playing that game while tethered, Iā€™ve just docked in the citadel in question and after hitting repair thereā€¦ it showed more damage to a layer than was possible which caused me to think it might be due to ship bonuses or my own skill levels (Drone Durability 5, perhaps also an issue?).

But I havenā€™t flown Rattlesnakes much in years and Gilas only for the abyssā€¦ I mostly encounter this while mishing, and Iā€™ve only mished in the past year in Leshaks, Claymores, and Machariels. no drone HP bonuses from any of those, yet the bug still happens. So again, maybe from Drone Durability.

In any event, this has been an issue since citadels launched whatā€¦ 4 years ago? I remember first discovering drones would rep on tether at a freeport within the first few weeks of the update that introduced the astrahus, and then discovering the bug shortly thereafter. heh.

Basically yes. When it comes back into your drone bay all skill & ship bonuses are removed from it, only base stats apply. So you can imagine what this does to Gurista drone ship drones.

Iā€™ve continued to monitor zkillboard and probe systems, and the hisec trends are very clear and continue:

Offline > Online with Quantum Core >>>>> Online but without quantum core

If it has a Quantum Core, it will be attacked and probably destroyed. If it is online without a core, it is only likely to be attacked in 0.5 systems.

Iā€™m particularly surprised by the large number of offline structures with quantum cores installed, especially when it is an Azbel with a very pricey core (Fortizars and Sotiyos are fairly rare in hisec).

Attackers predominantly use Trig ships which are tough to counter, though Alpha swarms in destroyers are not uncommon either. There has been a very definite shift away from Oracles to Trig ships.

There has been a VERY SHARP rise in use of small control towers, and no noticeable destruction. Likely this is the only recourse for a small corp that wasnā€™t lucky to anchor an Upwell structure before cores became mandatory. The number of legacy offline towers blocking moons remains quite large.

2 Likes

Thank you for the updates. Iā€™m not surprised that this is happening. I suspect that this is what CCP really wantedā€¦small independent groups not being allowed to have structures. I imagine it will get worse in the new year when people have to get cores, or lose services

I have a structure anchored and online without core currently and will be monitoring what occurs when the last changes are in place.

If the only offlined services are as have been mentioned so far, that wont affect the value of the structure to me, but I fear they will go ā€œSURPRISE MOONFACE ITS EVERYTHING LOLā€

1 Like

Is there any way to see if a structure has a core installed or not if Iā€™m a structure manager? I canā€™t find the corresponding column or something like that in the structure browser.

Yea. If you look at the structure in space it will say CORE ABSENT or NOT PRESENT something like that right under the name. If it doesnā€™t say that there is a core present.

1 Like

Sometimes you have to click on something else in your overview and then again on the citadel to get that bit of text added to the info next to the citadel in space, Iā€™ve found.

Sounds bugreport worthy.

So, with 5 days to go before services go offline without a core, what are people finding?

Has there been any confirmation as to exactly what time on the 12th that structures need their cores in place - I assume the change will occur at daily maintenance (and that weā€™re going to have an extended downtime)?

DOWN TIME. Its always downtime.

Hence my assumption. :slight_smile:

So, if i will tomorrow after DT found citadel without core its one timer bash or ? if its online like some service module but without core

According to the devblog, tethering, fitting and repair services will be disabled until core is installed - otherwise no change.

i want to know about bashing

No change - if fueled, the structure will remain high power with all services active except those specifically mentioned.

Edit: this is interpretation of the Sept Devblog - CCP can change their minds!
ā€œThe final phase for the rollout of Quantum Cores will see some basic services that all structures offer become disabled until a core is installed. Without a core installed, ship fitting, tethering, and ship/module repair services will be disabled. As soon as the core is installed into the structure, these services will become operational again. This phase is expected to go live in the December update.ā€

1 Like

i think CCP alsove dont know how its will workā€¦

Interesting that CCP didnā€™t send a reminder, some (un-)dockings in less safe space could end in surprises tomorrow.

BTW, can you also remove the core if you have the right or is it like rig?

And what happens to it when you take the structure down? Do you get it back?