Quantum Cores - Updates begin 8 September

Once installed the core cannot be extracted, unless the structure is unanchored ( then it will appear lootable in space ) or it is destroyed ( as a guaranteed drop )

And I always assumed the structure can be blapped in one go without a core, but I may be wrong.

new patchnotes.
I am overwhelmed by all the changes since December 2020…not.
6 weeks no change except for drone change there and back.

1 Like

No refitting is just a step too far imo, quantum core for mobile depot soon? Since those tiny thing can still give you refitting ability while a bigass station without core can’t.

No it is fine,

They should have made Core mandatory for online service modules as well.

Now I need to go pop manufacturing structures with core absent to force the owners to deploy ones with cores.

good luck with that Kane and godspeed, cause im sure those ppl will not replace any said structure…ever once you are done.

1 Like

You would be surprised how many new structures spring up in systems that have been clear out of structures. I see new ones weekly.

Dont take what people say on the forums serious. They don’t play the game.

oh i dont, im going off the knowledge I have from ppl that have or are giving up on structures after cores were introduced including those just waiting for thiers to get taken down and will not be replacing them because of them.

yes .

Cleaned up some recent posts that violated a number of rules and ensuring the thread remains on topic…

1.Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

Trolling
Flaming
Ranting
Personal Attacks
Harassment
Doxxing
Racism & Discrimination
Hate Speech
Sexism
Spamming
Bumping
Off-Topic Posting
Pyramid Quoting
Rumor Mongering
New Player Bashing
Impersonation
Advertising

For now! :rofl:

What an UTTER disappointment—No Status Structure change like Low Power or even Abandoned without the core—no significant penalty what so ever to timers or anything—Lets not create content or even clean up space as was the “said intent” when the Kicking over Castles first came out. Yeah— little corps will get screwed, WHer’s get screwed, and once again NS pukes are the only ones that really “play eve” CCP you have seriously failed to do anything other than make this new “Patch” an isk sink. Not being able to removed the cores prior to unanchoring is also the dumbest thing around—Pilots will just shoot their own Citadels once they strip them and get them to LP. I don’t think you’ve thought this through at all----the Worst patch/change ever–just stupid.

3 Likes

That’s kind of the point… you’re not supposed to be able to get out the core, to give agressors an extra reason to attack your structure and you an extra reason to defend the structure, because of the extra stakes.

Waste of time to develop something that is only useful temporarily while the grandfathered structures without core still exist. In time they will be gone or be cored.

2 Likes

The Quantum Core is installed into the most central and heavily protected location within the structure, and because of this security, they will always survive the ultimate destruction of the structure intact. That is to say that the Quantum Core will drop 100% of the time from a structure’s explosion.

Why don’t they just make the whole structure out of the Quantum Core?

1 Like

The goal is to force people to put stealable value in the structure. Basically, when you put a structure, you give the people who bash it x M . They can’t put it in the existing structures because that would be giving value to the people who got it already.

This change makes life harder for small corps, to the benefit of larger corps.
Problem is, no large corp exists without being a small one first, so hindering the small ones isn’t really smart.
Moreover, not everyone in the game likes to join large corps.

This was a good Idea but the implementation needs a bit of work. I would like to see another step here where in another 2 months or whatever seems fair all structures need quantum cores. The idea of grandfathering in existing structures seems wrong. If a structure doesn’t have a quantum core it should then go offline. Why should new structures require one if all the older structures just give up a bit of function?

1 Like

Quantum cores for structures…
95% of the eve online players are very “excited”
Just mentioning…

Edit:
Where are the good old updates, where we all could spill a bit of saliva!?

After the final deadline passes (Jan 21?) the demand for new Quantum Cores will drop dramatically. Post deadline, if POS gankers topple a structure for the core, who would be the subsequent non-NPC buyer? Further, if a POS with a core is an interstellar “kick me” sign, the market price for Quantum Cores should fall to the point where only a few gankers are incented to take up arms.

Hopefully, the market for cores will be allowed to do its own price discovery.

indeed, too bad CCP put NPC BO.

1 Like

How can it? The NPCs will buy an infinite amount of them for the cost they sell them at.

Someone who wants to deploy a structure? I mean, there is no functioning market because of the locked NPC buy orders, but even if there wasn’t, I am sure there would always be a buyer for the core for a price a little less than the NPC sell price. Which buyer wouldn’t take a player order for 10% less than the NPC price if offered?

Well, that is not the plan. These are suppose to serve as a prize to incentivize fighting over structures so it kinda make sense they work like this.

Structure use is down for sure after all the changes in 2020, but there are still thousands of structures in New Eden:

https://www.adam4eve.eu/stats_structures.php

And those are just the public ones. Plenty of groups still want to use them and dozens are turned over everyday, so there will always be demand for Quantum Cores, even if the NPCs weren’t buying them.

I hope CCP gives us a presentation though on how well these worked to get people to attack or defend a structure at some point.