Quantum Cores - Updates begin 8 September

what stops larger groups from glassing highsec structures? tbh it’s a awesome isk/h

1 Like

CCP - Down with the npc economy!
CCP - Heres a 1B npc item for every structure!
Me - WTF???

3 Likes

CCP want a chaos era and thats what is happening right now.

Just a suggestion here, but maybe CCP should actually focus on making the client and game play more reliable and less buggy instead of making these absurd changes that make the game prohibitively difficult for smaller groups to actually do stuff.

6 Likes

Nothing. And i believe that was the whole point of this change.
They just needed to put a nice candy in this large pinata

1 Like

Well, if this “chaos” includes me potentially losing everything I worked for over the past ten years I would consider finding a new hobby. But we’re not on that scale yet. Although the red dots came very close to forcing my hand :rofl:

Serious now, safety is the second level in Maslow’s theory, and of course it applies in a game like this.

4 Likes

Time to pack up dudes, loot pinata 2.0 is here - with massively added incentive to wardec everything in high sec…

Some people are going to be very happy, others… well, Eve ‘is’ a pvp game, so find your jollies elsewhere.

Reducing deployment to systems below 0.6 sec would fix that too (it’s even in the old POS code, lmao). Nah, the stated argument is “we want both sides to show up for structure fights so we made them more valuable to hold and to knock down” or some such. I’m not sure about the “more valuable to hold” part of ccp’s reasoning, it’s just inflated costs of acquisition, no added benefits, zilch, nada, rien, etc.

Doesn’t seem like a sandbox game anymore.

8 Likes

This is pretty much a another change that has no impact in mega alliances, but crushes small groups of independent players. Basically CCP is having everyone put a bounty on their own stations.

7 Likes

what is the issue with small corps owning structures? that’s like saying small businesses in RL is shop spam? The forsaken fortress update removed most of the spam/junk structures in HS and people who have them now are paying hundreds of millions per month to keep them running.

I don’t see why large corps basically have been given another way to farm small groups.

You cant do indy profitably out of NPC stations, and I don’t see why small corps in HS (where they are supposed to have some measure of protection and is where most corps start to grow) cant have structures. They lose out on some efficiency being in HS anyway, so don’t see why they should be forced to NPC stations to make a loss, or have to pay taxes to larger corps.

Wont be just indy corps affected either. Any smaller corps that want to declare war (for beef or territory or whatever) even with a similar sized alliances will be unable to do anything, as HD or BF will hop on as allies and kill the HQ. They jump in wars anyway, but usually dont hunt the HQ, but i expect this will change.

Basically it kills wars for the small groups that try to use them. Pushes everyone in to joining large groups in null, or to quit the game.

I don’t do indy and don’t really have many assets in citadels, so really this change isn’t something that will significantly disrupt my gameplay, but I think in its current design it is poor and will harm the health of the game.

I also think that structures are too cheap and easy to hold, there should be more risk/cost involved, but this is too much. Forsaken Fortress was a great change and removed these empty junk stations, but the people who get affected here are not unsubbed, inactive corps and many will have their entire game trashed, as they will often live, build, research, refine etc out of the stations they own (and have probably grinded for hrs to build) making mediocre profit.

Alot of these players dont want to be in a bigger alliance and just try and build something themselves. Thing is people dont go from 2 - 200 players overnight, so realistically defending against 20 ikitursas and 10 guardians with a 5 man corp is really hopeless.

7 Likes

We need to remove like 95% of them and structures are mostly clustered exactly in 0.6-0.5 space anyway.
I feel like this change in costs maybe not high enough. If CCP could get rid of M-sized structures entirely it would be much better.

Its not, its become CCPvP and they still want us to pay them.

5 Likes

People wealthy enough to spam structures won’t stop because they get a bit more expensive. All this does is paint larger targets on small group structures.

2 Likes

Kind of amazed that there is no thread concerning the implementation of Quantum Cores in structures and the vast economic implications as a result. Small corps and individuals with POS will be decimated and their investments will vanish. The market will be flooded with cheap structure components as players pull them offline and dismantle them. Demand will plummet due to the huge cost and risk of ownership.

Does anyone else see this as a huge screw job to players who flocked to build Upwell stations?

5 Likes

because everybody is discussing it in the proper channel…

1 Like

(what would people dismantle them and take an instant 50% value hit? they’re more likely to just sell the structure intact for the full value… do you even know what you’re talking about?)

This is fine, stop trying to play the victim so much. There are plenty of small corporations that hold structures all over the place, even with wardecs, they’re still fine. There are enough that you, specifically, are unlikely to be singled out and attacked.

I still wish the forums had a feature to pull these thread back after several months so we can all show OP how much of a spineless over-exaggerator he was. This change isn’t going to be the end of the game, you’re gonna be fine. Stop trying to be outraged for outrage’s sake, kid. This isn’t tumblr.

Every single time a change like this comes up, garbage like OP come out screaming and shrieking about how it’ll be terrible and destroy the game. The fact is that it’s not as bad as you think it is, and if you still think it is that bad, you’re just wrong.

2 Likes

Why would anybody erect one of these things in the first place? Even under the old rules. Especially in highsec. CCP is putting these things out of their misery.

800m split, say, 5 ways, over 3 20 minute timers is 160m/hour assuming the bash goes completely uncontested and you therefore take no losses. A properly defended citadel will likely take significantly more time/loss. You also need to dec the structure so that’s another 100m at least, so now we’re splitting 700m 5 ways for 140m/hour. Yes, in theory it’s decent ISK/hour but this is limited by the number of undefended citadels you can bash. I don’t see this as making you a significantly larger target when I can just do incursions or something.

2 Likes

The profit/hour ratio isn’t quite there for the smaller structures. This is possibly going to lead to some Athanors getting popped, but the extra danger inherent in attacking someone who can even so much as simply man the structure already pushes the payoff into “middle tier PvE” territory.

We’ll see, I guess. If someone attacks my alt’s Athanor just for the core, despite the killboard record of that corporation, we’ll know that the average high-sec carebear group is in trouble.