Quantum Cores - Updates begin 8 September

Try to live off Npc stations in Npc null :wink: it is not that pleasant believe me. By the way the game should be a sandbox, they promote it like so. But if you screw the small guys that is not really a sandbox anymore IMOā€¦ They couldā€™ve implemented something like you need x amount of cores to keep up 1-10 structures 2x for 20-40 structures and do onā€¦ It could be possible to target the spam not everyone. Why would you screw the 10 random small guys in Lowsec who are living in a space that no one wants, and they gladly put up 1 raitaru and 1 astra. Now they have to pay the price twice. It is just nonsense

3 Likes

That would be no ISK sink.

yay CCP killing the game even more!
Now that our main income, and general control over space will be single handed DESTROYED. we might unsub. and yes. i pay for 50+ accounts my self.

Crock of shiteā€¦

Just makes citadels more of a preserve for those with Ā£$

If you wanted to prevent citadel spam, adding cost wonā€™t achieve itā€¦ limiting anchoring and numbers in systems would - but hey, you ignored that advice a long time agoā€¦

4 Likes

Canā€™t even be a care bear anymore, wonder what Duel Universe has to offer,

What about small wormhole corps ?

1 Like

good feature, nice incentive to destruction and added risk to structure proliferation. Its also nice the cores are sold and bought by npc.

dam, now you will really have to take some kind of risk in the game, what as ccp thinking off! btw the jobs of those 50 accounts will spread to more players after u leave. thx

Agreedā€¦ Would be nice if you could compress ore in an NPC.

1 Like

If 10 random guys cannot afford 60 mil per guy one time upkeep costs then they probably should not own any structures altogether. Compared to the benefits and security they provide citadels have become ridiculously cheap to own.

1 Like

hi, why not use the coins that are dropped/looted from ESS? it would promote usage of ESS and promote content for small/mid grade pvp ( potential loot from unattended ESS for ninja looters).

Just an personal observation, but you might want to get a different hobby if youā€™r paying for 50 accounts.

Spend the money on something exciting?

that a pretty stupid change. all nullsec dont care, coz they have the isk.

on the otherside you have highsec, where small corps own structures! what will happen is, all larger group will glassing highsec, coz you get easy isk, by killing small corp structures.

1 Like

how you wanna stop larger group from glassing highsec structures, if they now they get a fix amount of isk?

1 Like

Go big or go home :slight_smile:

whats the goal of this change? structure spam

So basically, Tatara lost any form of purpose and usefulness in the game, as Athanor can do pretty much the same, but the core for it does not cost several billions of ISKā€¦

1 Like

This new attempt by Team_PiƱata is another one for the Game Development for Dummies book (to be published soonā„¢) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Doesnā€™t this just remind you of that other ā€œgood for the gameā€ and ā€œincentivizing structure attackā€ mechanic that made inactive players lose their in game-assets ? Yep, that was ā€œfunā€ alright, making customers who followed the rules and trusted ccpā€™s word about asset safety to lose their assets, supported by a howling mob of the usual suspects screaming that it was only fair not to care about ā€œpeople on hiatusā€.

Is this a new pattern, a new road the development of the game is taking ? Are trigs going to attack non-player structures as well in the future (and destroy the only real asset safety left in the game?). I am of course refering to the ccp coyote Q&A session with the mostly unnoticed snippet " And, my favoriteā€¦ we now have the ability to have NPCs deploying and destroying persistent, non-player-related structures. (ccp coyote ā€œfiresideā€ about Triglavian invasions ) which may well translate into attack and or destruction of stations in trig conquered space, or something similar. Overenthusiastic ? Maybe, unless he can solve ā€œminorā€ issues like agent relocation etc. Fair ? Are you effin kidding us, in a game where loss is already permanent and often painful ?

My predictions:

• Structure spam ? Solved by this ? giggles. Nah, even small entities can cough up the costs by putting in some more effort in advance. And they will also continue the upkeep and do or not do the defense of their structures.
  • Structure attack ? To test the waters, sure, until the costs of attacking prove to be more than what attackers are willing to pay, as usual.
  • The extra costs of these quantum cores, like in real life, will of course in turn become a part of the price they charge for their goods or services. Profits will remain maxed, as always. Or why else do people put up these structures in e.g., hisec space, with fuel consumption and cost of acquisition being what they are ā€¦
  • Interesting gameplay ? Well, a suitable ship has to pick up those big cores, and they are legit targets. Transportation of these will attract all sorts of space dwellers. Jump freighters come to mind, which is a bit unfair in hisec, where bubbles canā€™t be used. Maybe a special ship should be developed for transport of these new cores (with a ā€œquantum core holdā€), one that doesnā€™t have jump drive capability and is not overly resistant, one mid slot and nothing elseā€¦

At the very least, I hope that ccp will REFUND the keepstars in c2 whā€™s.

5 Likes

Any thoughts to making the price of the core drops scalableā€¦ Ex. High sec Athanor would be 200k, low 400k, null 600kā€¦ That way there is some risk/reward here. Otherwise this is a huge buff to highsec war decrā€™s and I think will undermine the new bro/ casual highsec groups which have flourished again since the last war Dec changes. I can speak for my group, but I know Iā€™ve got at least 20 people that have said they would have left the game if they hadnā€™t of found our community. Iā€™m all about risk/reward, but I think this should scale in the same wayā€¦where as today itā€™s just flat on the spectrum

3 Likes

Imagine all the new P I R A T E alliances in high sec stomping on small groups who just wanna play this game as they like, meaning maybe their goal was to get few athanors and be small production groupā€¦ With this patch you are making that (probably poor) group of people pay more, and then be bigger target to larger alliances who are only bashing hs structures, and yet have no knowledge of real PVP, and real structure bashingā€¦ Most of them are not even venturing out of HS, cause there are so many HS structures to be bashedā€¦
Instead of this, maybe try changing salvage on those structuresā€¦
Also, if you have 10 athanors, and you are small group of people, who got hit by ore changes, meaning that u r now producing 40-60% less valuable ore, u now have to pay 7bil for 10 athanors just to make them profitable target to group who is sitting in hs with their 70 nightmare ships, waiting to kill your structureā€¦
I mean, i donā€™t care tbh, Iā€™m mostly residing in J space, but again, this change also has effect on me, as everyone elseā€¦
Cutting off Amarr from Jita in Niarja in 24h? Good job ccp, making it so Tranquility and singularity are connected by trig invasion? Good job CCPā€¦ Making ore worthless? Good job CCPā€¦
This affect us all, cause those people who are building ships that we are lossing in PVP wonā€™t have a reason to make them anymoreā€¦ Making HS people haul their ships from amarr region to Jita for 50 jumps? (I kinda like that change tbh, but from their point of view i guess itā€™s not that good)
With features like this, only thing i see is that u slowly wanna shut down the game, making it harder and harder for people to do the things they were doing for many yearsā€¦
Yes, this affects me, cause i donā€™t wanna pay for T1 cruiser twice more than iā€™m paying now, just to get it blown in 30mins while filamenting out of Jitaā€¦ Make asset safety not applying to people who are not away for more than 6 months, that will create destruction of structures, alot of content for everyone.
But making isk sink by putting NPC CORES that cost 700mil for 1 athanor, is very poor decisionā€¦
Anyway, i see myself letting my 6 months plex time go by, and getting to other gamesā€¦ Cause this is the last nail in the coffin, might as well close the servers and be done with EVE Online forever? Might go and create more content on EVE Echoes, cause we all have mobile phones, donā€™t we?

8 Likes