Question about starting new Account or re-use old one

Hi everyone, I hope this is ok to post here.

I Am a returning player from a few years back, I don’t remember getting very far with the game outside of the starting tutorials, but Steam says I have about 100-odd hours on it, so I must have done at least something.

Now my question is, would it be better to start over with a completely different account or re-use the old one. As I said I am returning but have forgotten a lot of the mechanics of the game, so ideally I would like to play the tutorial again, but I cant imagine I am able to do that with my old account.

However I do remember having a bit of cash and some nice ships from back when I played (this account I’m logged in as). If I were to start a new account, is there anyway of transferring all my stuff from the old account to the new one?

Cheers
Chris

My advice would be to keep the character, by all means. However, your account has 2 more character slots, so you might want to to create a new one just for the purposes of running the tutorial.

Then, switch back to your old character, run the Career Agents to get some additional stuff and a better handle on the game, and go from there.

2 Likes

This is eve you can do whatever you want to do , this is a sandbox so… Theres no truly rules on the game. Id consider playing with my old char.

Greetings

Welcome back!

Now my question is, would it be better to start over with a completely different account or re-use the old one. As I said I am returning but have forgotten a lot of the mechanics of the game, so ideally I would like to play the tutorial again, but I cant imagine I am able to do that with my old account.

I believe tutorials are replay-able, but am not 100% sure. The tutorial system has changed a lot since I last went through it. As for running it on a new character…

Each account has up to 3 character slots. If your old account did not already have all 3 slots full, you could create a new character on it to go through tutorials. You can of course also go the entire new account route, in which case you’d have a completely blank slate.

The core difference in having characters in multiple accounts versus a single account comes from whether you can use them simultaneously. If you have all your stuff in a single account, that means you cannot log on two of those characters at once; you’d have to log one out to log in as the other one. However, they would be covered by the same Omega status. With multiple accounts, you could log in both of them at the same time to have them interact (e.g. trade with each other, or fly together), but you need a separate subscription for each one.

However I do remember having a bit of cash and some nice ships from back when I played (this account I’m logged in as). If I were to start a new account, is there anyway of transferring all my stuff from the old account to the new one?

Yes. Your characters within the game are different “people” just as you (Chris Kilmister) and I (Petrus Blackshell) are. Transferring items works just as if we were giving each other stuff:

• Trade - when we’re both logged in and in the same station we can directly trade stuff; if you had two accounts you could do this between them.
  • Item Exchange Contracts - you can create a contract to “sell” your stuff from one character to another in exchange for 0 ISK. This does not require both to be online at the same time. More info here.
  • Many other ways - You can use a go-between player, or leave stuff in space to pick it up with another character, or use a shared corp hangar, or a zillion other ways. They’re not as effective as the first two, but why not? :wink:

Hope that helped. Have fun!

1 Like

you can pretty easily do both with alpha accounts. or as said create a new character in a spare slot.

Personally I always say stick with the old character. SP is SP never know when it will be useful again, and chances are a bunch of it will be immediately useful.

Can always press f12 and press find career agents. These are effectively the tutorial and chances are you didn’t do all of them the first time around. Each empire has 3 sets of them, if you can get through those and/or the SoE epic arc you should be in a decent spot. If you did do all of them maybe a gm will reset them if you put in a ticket.

ah well if that doesn’t work for you, can always just go shoot something and figure out if it works or not. that’s pretty much what I do every time I come back from a break.

Thanks for all the advice guys, in the end i decided to make a new character to go through all the tutorials and such. I Made an exchange contract and sent all of my gear over to my new account. To be honest there wasnt too much in there, about 7Mil ISK and some weapons as well as a Rifter, but i figured it might give me a little boost in the beginning.

1 Like

I Have another quick question. I have been playing for a few hours with my new account but have been doing some reading up on the changes for alpha and omega. Im not sure how much i have, but is it work using a skill extractor from my old characters and then sending them to my new character? Again im not sure how much i have, but any little boost will help, and it feels like im wasting that old character

Skill extractors work only after first 5 milions SP.

Old caracters started with very few SP, so even after weeks and weeks of training you will still have less SP, than a newbee in currrent starting system.
And if you start over using my free referal, you will get extra 250 000 free SP (worth another week of training). So I would not bother with old account, IMHO.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.