Question: Do you want ECM Back?

No, it would make titan pods meaningless as anyone can get an alt in a griffin to turn it off.

I’m not really sure if blingy pods need to be somehow turned off.

That would even the playfield. That is a conflict inducing factor. Maybe if they would also include a mechanics that makes giant fleets less effective, then we could see more fights at last. Where you have a chance.

The succesful jam of a capsule implants for a brief moment could mean a lot. Even for solo players. There it would probably mean the most.

Answer: No.

ECM also was never gone. It’s in a much better place now than it was before.

The last change brought it more in line with the other empire-specific E-War like Sensor Dampeners or Tracking Disruption.

The biggest frustration about ECM was that it made a ship completely useless for the time jammed. Now one can at least attempt to fire back at the jamming ship.
In some scenarios that was way too powerfull and did not make for fun gameplay. It’s nature of being a mostly chance-based system also removes most of the player skill invovled. No thanks to that. If I want to gamble I throw ISK at the hypernet.

1 Like

frigates fight at 3 ranges
0… 10 ish … 20. ish

is rare to be a good idea to try to defang a enemy in 1v1 combat, drones are fast , tracking hard , sometimes you need a web or 2 and the dude kill you before because most drone frigs/dessy have autocanons , rockets or even blasters

if you look on zkill you find things like that
looks good to me…

BIIIIIG tank btw

its super common to tank with only rigs and DC , he have utility AND a shield

etc

and on topic NO i dont want ECM back
ECM is cancer , you have to wait to die , not a fun mechanic at all

Life is hard. :woman_shrugging:

and we have real life to make things worst :stuck_out_tongue:

A new drone setting (with trainable skills): Drone Aggress Damps/ECM.
New missile family type that flies towards Damps/ECM.
New ECCM ships…Oh wait maybe they should just give remote ECCM abilities to the Griffin and Kitsune. They could give buffs to remote sensor boosts to the Maulus and the Keres.

Oh look. There are both offensive and defensive Information Command Bursts.

So what I’m kinda reading between the lines here is maybe we would like the ECM ships to be reworked into drone ECM ships. and the rest of their stats adjusted to reflect this?

So maybe something like swaps them to blaster boats with a bonus for drone hp/ecm strength and blaster range/cap use? Without a deep dive on positves/negatives. It may work well for solving the Caldari ECM ships and the Gal Blaster boats being the black sheep of EVE.

No, at least that’s not what I have been saying.

The ECM ships are good at what they do, which is to apply strong ECM jams on ships to make those ships lose their intended targets.

These ships and ECM are fine.

I respect your opinion but disagree.

The “problem” with ecm not giving an opponent the ability to shoot back is somewhat similar to disrupters, scrams, and webs not giving an opponent the ability to escape. It is a direct answer to this situation. Or cloaks. Or warp core stabs. It’s just more stuff in the rock, paper, scissors tool set. Auto targeting missiles, drones, and smart bombs can work past your targeting problem.
If you’re that small pvp fleet it is a possible tool to win or survive. Or the tool that guarantees you lose soundly.
I’ve wondered about a little fleet of Tornados and damping maulus’ with a cloaky warp too guy.

What if ECM was a % chance, but only disabled high slots for a period?
ECM would retain its active combat functionality because it can be used to trash an opponent’s DPS, but cannot be used as an escape mode because it does nothing to mid slots.
This would allow ECM in solo combat, and if you have a stalemate where the ECM aggressor can’t break the defender’s tank/tackle and the defender is too shut down, then it’s down to whoever can get a friend on grid first?

Obviously this doesn’t work well against drone users, but nor does lots of EWAR.

Just a thought.

~Vin

Being too lazy to check, but maybe there is some knowledge in the crowd. Are there any ships with buffs to remote sensor boosters? These are a single module that addresses both ECM and Damps.

I like ECM but Faction and Pirate ships sensors are far too passively strong against them.

Yes, some of the logi cruisers have remote sensor booster bonuses if I recall correctly.

Edit: nevermind, I see the bonus I was thinking of is remote tracking bonuses.

ECM is fine, they need to nerf webs and ■■■■.

Yes, it is long past fime that they fix ECM. Its pretty lame that they nerfed it in the first place considering it was arguably the weakest EWAR in the game. The difference that causes all the complaining is that targets notice the ECM effects.

A thread like this is pointless though
There is NOTHING someone might propose that others would say was a good idea. Not if the proposal would actually do something effective.

Even back in the day, despite all the complaining, fleets and gangs weren’t routinely running ECM. And if had been actually all that amazing they would have been. Today it is a joke.

Is it so hard to use the word buff?

1 Like

Don’t we have burst jammers to break locks?

Yes we do, so if people want to break locks in 1v1 they can just use an ECM burst jammer to run away, no need to as for ‘ECM back’.

1 Like