Question , how often do you use translators to communicate with other capsuleers

i just used google translate to see what a spanish player was saying, how about you?

curious if people got stories over this :parrot:

1 Like

Not a story but Ive used the Google translate to do work for me in Eve. Many different languages so far; Russian and Romanian being the most popular then Spanish and other languages.

The trick is you have to use traditional languages never slang to get a point across or get it to translate correctly. They seem to be literal translations.

2 Likes

Every time Iā€™m in Russian space I need to use translator.
These guys just keep goingā€¦

1 Like

I used to use it a lot back when I did piracy and got yelled at quite often.

3 Likes

Not Eve, but I used Google Translate a lot when I was active in Virtual Worlds - extremely useful tool, especially when greeting brand-new arrivals.

1 Like

Sometimes in NPC Corp chat Iā€™ll use it when I see someone post in a language other than English, and then I usually direct them to the appropriate language channel.

3 Likes

However often I piss off a Russian.

1 Like

Google translate and Russian is always amusing, more so if you run your reply through several languages before posting it in local.

3 Likes

My Ex used to be useful in this department, lol

The language of Neutron Blasters is universal.

o/

2 Likes

People talk in-game? Likeā€¦ actually talk, not just sperg up local?

If they arenā€™t on mumble or discord or TS, Iā€™ve got no need to talk to them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thereā€™s some amusing easter eggs in google translate.

Translating the ā€œjokeā€ below from German to English gives a fatal error in a nod to a Monty Python sketch.

Wenn ist das NunstĆ¼ck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.