Questioning the Signs of Psychganopaths in Highsec

Gankers will always say and try to diminish their impact saying that they blow up pixels, but in truth they blow up people, there is a person behind each capsuleer spaceship, and it have emotional impact as any act of agression.
Countless lives were destroyed by ganking.

Ah yes, Gankers: take Nanaā€™s advice and please check out Broadcast For Reps ASAP. We canā€™t let the suicide gank cry for help carry over to the ganker people behind the screens.

1 Like

You explicitly consent to acts of aggression, either giving or receiving, in all areas of space by clicking ā€œundockā€.

No I dont, nobody is. Only because of lack of good manners between gankers and permissible aproach of developers this looks like it looks in EVE.

There is a way for honorable duels in high sec, but gankers dont use it, because they are dishonorable.
Even roleplaying dishonorable person and doing dishonorable acts doesnt make you different from being dishonorable, because acts commited are dishonorable, and acts prove personā€™s worth.

It wouldnt even surprise me if CCP would themselves have ganker alts in game.

3 Likes

You need to separate IC and OOC. Or else you get people like @Ax_l_Thorne who somehow manages to play Eve Online during library hours while living in the Federal Penitentiary doing time forā€¦ was it murder? I think so. Whether itā€™s right a 12 year old girl should be locked up in Federal prison is up for debate.

Yes, you do.
By undocking, you are consenting to pvp in all areas of the game. This is a fundamental principal of the game.

Oh donā€™t be so dramatic, they get free counseling for their PTSD and access to Aikoā€™s Onlyfans.

3 Likes

The only thing I would want in New Eden?

Take a guess?

I donā€™t see why they wouldnā€™t.

There is no honor in Piracy, there is no honor in New Eden. Itā€™s all just opportunistic play.

:100: agree.

No I dont.

Also, I am sure the game was hurt immensely by the ganking. There was no good independent evaluation what happens when people quit due to ganking, other than player numbers, and many people have been rage quitting when ganked, because emotions can be so strong. These emotions are tied to a product, tied to the game rules. Those people in turn would popularize the game further as place where hatefull community of gankers completely oblitarates peacefull miners and mission runners, so all those potential players who make the bulk of mmorpgs payers were all deterred. Numbers are now a lot lower than they could be, if only ganking was prohibited. And nothing would be prohibiting people to PvP themselves in null and low sec, where is the place for it.

Gankers are the reason why CCP had to do all the bad things, reason is because there are not enough players for them to have enough money, so CCP tries even more things like gambling with Hypernet introduction, rising prices for subs etc.

Its all gankers fault. And CCP too for believing their narrative.

3 Likes

Keep telling yourself that.

In the meantime go play Final Fantasy XIV where you can look like a bunny and are protected from those mean players in fluffy bunny land.

Its rather gankers not being able to accept the cruel truth that gankers actions are dishonorable and they are themselves dishonorable that resulted in their narrative trying to justify their own behavior and resulted in the pathology of behavior and low number of players to persist. CCP was believing the wrong people, and that do not surprises me. They were too small from beginning to afford real research and that results in money supply diminishing.

For a small fee of 1bn ISK I will put on my ā€˜honorā€™ implant when I go out.

yes; you do. deny it wall you like, but as soon as you hit that Undock button, you accept that you can be engaged and aspolded in any area of space. Thatā€™s a core part of the EVE online game design philosophy.

Long term players understand, accept and appreciate this fact. Itā€™s one of the things that make EVE unique.

Iā€™m not saying no-one has quit due to being ganked, but again: if CCP felt that it was seriously hurting their bottom line, theyā€™d have done something about it.

In fact, they have done something about it. Removing the ability of Alpha accounts to set safeties to red is an example.

the reason ganking is still possible is because of a core design philosophy of EVE: there are no safe spaces.

Instead of blaming gankers. I suggest you buy yourself a Thrasher, get a couple mates together and go make some hisec Hulk go boom. See things from the other side before pontificating on the percieved evils.

EVE is unlike other games. We get to have huge battles the likes of which other games cannot even begin to compete with. We have the ability to create our own narratives and bend the game universe to our own desires.

This game isnā€™t for everyone. Those that canā€™t get their heads around a few basic concepts are bound to be disappointed.

One of those key concepts is that there are no safe spaces. As soon as you undock, youā€™re fair game. If someone is prepared to pay the price, your ship is so much space dust. Accept that concept and free your mind of the tragic misconceptions inherited from other games.

EVE is unique. Itā€™s a longform game that just doesnā€™t exist anywhere else. Those of us that have fallen in love wi the game as it is, wouldnā€™t have it any other way. Itā€™s why weā€™re still playing after (in my case) ten years. No other game on the market today has that kind of longevity. Ganking, or at lkeast the ability to gank, is a large part of the reason why.

1 Like

ā€¦there arenā€™t more playersšŸ¤Ŗ

Myself, I donā€™t really care. I accept that EVE Online is a dog-eat-dog game, just like real life. I play EVE not to escape real life but because thereā€™s opportunities to make things go boom. If it happens to be mine, oh well, it cost me a croissant to lose a ship, or two baguettes at most :smile:

1 Like

I keep reading these posts regarding ganking. While I find it an enjoyable read and love the polarizing views, I canā€™t help to think this is entirely a CCP decision to make suicide ganking a viable game play style. I remember when dying in game ended in the loss of skill points and the need to buy a new clone. If these mechanics were still in place, suicide ganking would be much less financially viable (I could be remembering this all wrong). But, if this is indeed the case, then these long drawn out posts are totally a waste of time (although they are fun to read). CCP made a gameplay change which created a viable gameplay style. Suicide ganking. So people need to accept the fact that it is part of the game.

2 Likes

No I dont accept that, I do nothing more than undocking. Its only people like gankers wanting to drive away the burn of shame from themselves.

We are in crysis. It is caused by gankers. We as a community together with CCP need to stop this madness. Only by killing ganking we can achieve peace and balance in high sec, so people will be wanting to come to EVE.

I donā€™t think theyā€™re the least bit ashamed. Especially when the game permits it.

1 Like

Thats not true, a mining permit is a call to friendship.