Questions on logistics of living in back water Low Sec systems

So, me and a friend live off high sec combat exploration, and even though it paid the bills and our PLEX’es so far, it’s getting a little boring and too much effort for not too good of a return.

The way I see it, we could do combat exploration in WH, or some backwater low sec with low traffic, and we decided the latter would be more accessible at least to start off. We have our 2 characters, plus one alt at our disposal, and we will split the various needed roles between these 3 characters.When we need to come and go with ammo/loot, we will do it via covert cyno/black ops/blockade runner once a week or something.

It’s worth mentioning that there is an alliance living in said region, but their timezone doesn’t match ours judging from the killboard activity.

So the questions are:

1. What is the best option to stage from?
  • Nearby NPC stations

• Make a POS on a quiet system

• Our own station(Maybe a engineering complex to put the alt to use while we do sites, with the bonus of bringing a second friend which only likes to mine)

• Use the alt as a suitcase, probably in a blockade runner, and store loot and ammo in it

1. I found some quiet systems, off the null sec pipes, with the latest killboard activity being almost 2 months ago. How easy would to be to spot an engineering complex in one of those systems if we anchor it in some planet out of dscan range from all the gates?

2. Does this all sound like a feasible plan? Or WH would be easier/quieter?

The idea of rolling holes constantly with only 1-2 people sound ■■■■■■■ awful though lol.

Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.