Quick advice on how to finish epic arc

Doing a pirate epic arc for the faction standings. Holding off on running the last mission until I get an answer to this. I plan to get a couple more levels of criminal connections (if that is recommended - I’d like high standing with this pirate faction). Does it make any difference if I do the skilling before I finish the epic arc (and subsequent standing increase), or wait until after? In other words, will the results be the same?

Thanks.

1 Like

Criminal Connections only raises your overall effective standings, it won’t increase the amount of standing gained for completing missions. Basically it’s more important for gaining access to Agents.

Social skill is what will increase the amount of standing gained for completing missions. Definitely train that up before completing the last mission.

Also if available, consume one of the Social Boosters before completing the last mission for an even larger increase in standing gain.

5 Likes

Thanks for answering that. So… 1) considering my goals, I should probably train criminal connections, 2) it won’t make a difference in final standings whether I train it before or after doing final mission, and 3) consume social booster before last mission (I didn’t know about these).

?

1 Like

Criminal Connections skill raises your current positive standing with Pirate Factions that is displayed in the Interactions page of your character sheet.

Connections skill raises your current positive standing with Empire Factions that is displayed in the Interactions page of your character sheet.

Diplomacy skill raises your current negative standings displayed in the Interactions page of your character sheet.

That is what the NPC’s look at for access. Having those skills maxed allows you to access agents much faster.

Social skill increases the amount of standing gained for completing missions. That’s the skill you want to have trained up to get max amount of standing gain.

The Social Booster is relatively new, CCP has gifted them to all accounts a couple of times now, usually for Events. There’s 2 different types available. Both work like the Social skill and give a bonus to Agent, Corporation and Faction standing increase. The Social Boosters have an expiration date so check their info before buying them to make sure they’re still active.

Impetus Potency-75 Glamourex Booster
(75% bonus to standing increase)

Impetus Potency-50 Glamourex Booster
(50% bonus to standing increase)

That’s basically it. There’s a few other skills that help as well.

Negotiation skill will increase the amount of ISK payment reward for completing missions.

Agent Divisional skills (Security Connections, Distribution Connections, Mining Connections) will increase the amount of Loyalty Points reward for completing missions.
NOTE: Epic Arcs and other ‘special’ mission offers like Cosmos don’t have LP rewards.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.